PDA

View Full Version : Kilts for boys

balletgirl3200
08-28-2005, 04:54 PM
I wondered if anyone else here likes the traditional childrens clothing of the 1900's-1940's, especially in the upper classes: boys in kilts, smocks, cute little mary janes and ankle socks, sweet curls and ribbons?

Rachael Warren
08-28-2005, 05:04 PM
I do, in fact kilts are the only male garments I like to wear!

Rachael.

susandrea
08-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Have you seen this very interesting site?

http://tinyurl.com/d7lgy

:)

MarinaTwelve200
08-28-2005, 06:40 PM
Especially being of Scotish heritage--I DO NOT consider a KILT as an article of female clothing.----indeed it may look a bit like a skirt at first glance, but on closer inspection, its constructed distinctively different. A kilt IS a man's garment and has no CD connections as far as I am concerned.

Sorta like the difference between men's and ladies Pants---save for jenes, the difference between men's trousers and ladies pants is obvious---no red blooded macho gut would be seen inladies pants.

urban gypsy
08-28-2005, 07:14 PM
I think the 1940 school uniform is fery cute and comfortable as it was one of the first outfits i especially went out to buy.

carson
08-28-2005, 07:21 PM
I wondered if anyone else here likes the traditional childrens clothing of the 1900's-1940's, especially in the upper classes: boys in kilts, smocks, cute little mary janes and ankle socks, sweet curls and ribbons?
My Dad was born in 1916 and I have some interesting old pictures of his childhood attire. He had blonde ringlets and wore white lace up boots with wool tights and a garment that was essentially a dress until about age 3 or 4. Then he was in "knickers" with a pageboy hair cut until about age eleven.

A portrait of me at age 5 (circa 1965) shows me in a seersucker suit (short pants) and white shirt - both with a rounded "Peterpan collar" knee socks and MaryJane shoes and a pageboy hair cut. I was angelic if I do say so myself! =)

Rachael Warren
08-29-2005, 01:13 AM
I believe it was common to dress young boys/babies as girls in the early 1900's.

Rachael.

eleventhdr
08-29-2005, 03:50 AM
Yes and i do agree that this pratice never should have become obsolet.I tend to still think that this should still be the way today. It is our high misfortune that this went the way of the way it did. I also think it high time it should return. When you get right down to it the dresssing of males in todays society is just downright disgraceful. Males as have and si still being argued up to this very date can only really benifit from being allowed to dress as they please and this means in loose fitting clothing garments. It is a practice that should be brought back and then continued. and worked upon and out until we do have the very same right that women now have and have had for some time now but that we have been neglected from now and should be allowd to take up once again. And i do not just mean boys but all males should be allowed this right to wear and dress as they please. Dressses skrits kilts what have you any and all such clothing for males as well indeed!. But it will not happen unless and until we fight for this very right and begin to wear this kind and type o clothing each and everyday. So let it begin right here right now today this very hour. Suzy The Doctor Eleventh!.

Rachael Warren
08-29-2005, 01:45 PM
Yes and i do agree that this pratice never should have become obsolet.I tend to still think that this should still be the way today. It is our high misfortune that this went the way of the way it did. I also think it high time it should return. When you get right down to it the dresssing of males in todays society is just downright disgraceful. Males as have and si still being argued up to this very date can only really benifit from being allowed to dress as they please and this means in loose fitting clothing garments. It is a practice that should be brought back and then continued. and worked upon and out until we do have the very same right that women now have and have had for some time now but that we have been neglected from now and should be allowd to take up once again. And i do not just mean boys but all males should be allowed this right to wear and dress as they please. Dressses skrits kilts what have you any and all such clothing for males as well indeed!. But it will not happen unless and until we fight for this very right and begin to wear this kind and type o clothing each and everyday. So let it begin right here right now today this very hour. Suzy The Doctor Eleventh!.

Hi Suzy, The Doctor Eleventh, maybe you can also assert this point.

Anatomically speaking the skirt or non-bifurcated garment should be worn by males, I believe it is something to do with the temperature of the gonads?

Maybe you wish to elaborate? ;)

Rachael. :)

Teddie
08-29-2005, 03:25 PM

I also have a picture of my father dressed this way. And, from what I've been told, it was done of other reasons. Such as ease of cleaning up prior to potty training.