PDA

View Full Version : Double Standards

urban gypsy
08-28-2005, 06:13 PM
Hi All
Don't know if this has been posted before but I just thought I'd ask the question.
Although my wife is very understanding and supportive in my crossdressing. There are times when I feel she still has double standards.
A fine example of this was today on a shopping trip, I was looking at a new pair of heals, and she walked away with the hump, I thought I would ignore it and not buy the shoes but instead take her for a coffee and a danish and find out what the problem was. She said that the only problem was that my wardrobe was getting bigger, We had a good laugh about it and carried on shopping.
As we were walking round shopping I brought up the subject of a proper girly eveving at home, you know the sort of thing nice bottle of wine, soppy film, doing each others nails. Then later when looking our best taking the dog for a walk. At this she again got the hump but said the evening sounded great but did I have to be Joanna. I said that I would not be Joanna if that's what she wanted. and everything seemed to be OK again, and the shopping continued.
We then went into one of our favorite shops and started to have a look around, but after 5 minutes the call of nature took its toll and isaid i would only be a short awhile and that I would catch up.
When I did catch up she had already bought a few things and was waiting for me by the exit. Showing an interest in what she had bought I asked her what she had got, she replied 2 tops ,2 pairs of trousers, and a pair of shoes.
When we got home she showed me the items, the tops were mens t shirts mens trousers and a pair of slip on mens loafers, but these were not for me but for her.this is not the first time she has bought mens clothes for herself, and i have no problem with this as she still makes them look very feminine.
But when I asked when she was going to wear them, she replied that they were just every day garments.
So how come she can wear mens clothes every day and not see a problem with it whether in or out of the house, but I can only go fem at home or if we are going out i can only go very low key fem. Or is this me just be jealouse that a woman in mens clothing is more exceptable than a man in female clothing

Toyah
08-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Think this has been done but how would you feel if she said she wanted to appear as a man? nuff said I think

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-29-2005, 12:27 AM
Yes, women wearing man-styled clothes is acceptable in a way not true in reverse. But that ignores the fact that for most CDs there's a difference in intent. It would be more comparable to your wife not only wanting to look like a man -- cutting her hair and applying a mostache -- but also "strapping and packing."

It's unfair, but life can be that way. OTOH, there's nothing that says you have to be drab while en homme.

urban gypsy
08-29-2005, 07:29 AM
thanks

have to admit never thought of it that way.she does only wear mens clothes but doesn't want to look like a man.
thanks again for giving me some perspective on this and a proper way of thinking about the situation

Imogen_Mann
08-29-2005, 08:05 AM
I wonder if I can talk my best GG friend into "straping and Packing" :rolleyes:

Y'think ?

;)

XX

Jayme

Fallen Angel
08-29-2005, 09:36 AM
Women are and always be the mistery of the universe. Its how they are I went out saterday by my self my so said it was fine took a few pics posted them and when she saw what i wore had the same kinda reply go figure. you may becoming to involved with your fem side.Having a large amount of female clothing mat be taking a bit of a toll.if your not going out "la fem" all the time she might feel you getting obsesed with it my suggestion as to cool down a bit. And and give her a bit more male time and on those special days or nights let her sugest you come out xxxx

urban gypsy
08-29-2005, 11:37 AM
great idea angel

might be worth a try you never know,she mmight have the hump with joanna

Marla GG
08-29-2005, 11:43 AM
there's a difference in intent. It would be more comparable to your wife not only wanting to look like a man -- cutting her hair and applying a mostache -- but also "strapping and packing."

I wonder if I can talk my best GG friend into "straping and Packing"

Y'think ?

You know, without saying anything that would send this thread to the adult forum, I have to comment that even in this situation the issue of intent makes a big difference. I mean, I have never packed, but I definitely strap :eek: , and I do not feel the slightest bit masculine when I do so. For me it's about power, not gender.

Joanna, I sympathize with you, but really when (non-TG) women wear man-tailored clothes it is different because they aren't trying to pass as male or feel like a man. Also, although it isn't fair, the truth is that you could potentially face ridicule and worse for dressing as a woman, whereas your wife isn't breaking any social taboos. So it is easy for you to say it doesn't bother you, because you have no reason to fear the potential consequences of her dressing that way and being seen by others. Does that make sense?

urban gypsy
08-29-2005, 11:49 AM
hi marla

i understand that women wearing male clothing is more accepted as they are not trying to pass themselves off as a man. and i have know found out that in a roundabout way she is only trying to protect me until i get to a level that she feels is convincing to the outside world as she would not want to see my feels hurt as i now express them so freely, that she thinks is lovely and shows my caring side.