PDA

View Full Version : perception

Danni Bear
08-05-2010, 12:29 AM
A thought (scary I know).

How do we present? Scared,out of character,timid,uncertain,uneasy when dressed.

I believe this contributes greatly to how the world sees us.The ones that show confidence
rarely get second glances.The ones that don't get the looks and innenudo.

I think and believe that we need to take a page out of the GG handbook.Dressed we are women.

Do they care how others see them.Very much so.Will they change for acceptance?Hell no
So then why should we? As a former CD'er but now a T-Girl do I give a rat's a** what someone says?Not really but sometimes it still hurts.

Present as you will.Male or female do it to the best of your ability.Let those that want to judge you go hang.It's your life,live it.Enjoy it.

Danni Beard:hugs: :2c:

eluuzion
08-05-2010, 01:20 AM
“Truth is universal. Perception of truth is not.”

“We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are”. -Anais Nin

"Reality" has little to do with facts, and everything to do with our perceptions.

What other's think of you is not important, what you think about yourself, is.

(just my opinion)

Frédérique
08-05-2010, 11:31 AM
How do we present?

Perception? Break on through to the other side! :heehee:

I present myself as controlled, yet shy and retiring. Not sexy, not flamboyant, definitely not God’s gift to alternative lifestyles. I’m just Freddy, under control at all times, hoping you won’t notice me as I enter your personal space. I’m quite confident, but I don’t really care if anyone senses that vibe. Most people “don’t care,” and it shows. If you see crossdressing from that angle, i.e. an attempt at presentation at odds with the majority, you may have some leverage for a discussion about tolerance. Perhaps most people who fail to care about themselves cannot deal with someone who does care – personally, I really don’t care what others think, but their collective apathy regarding dressing (or thoughts about presentation) drives me forward…

It's your life,live it.Enjoy it.

Thank you. I do enjoy my life. Consider the alternative…:doh:

Inna
08-05-2010, 12:16 PM
I sometimes see genetic woman who is not attractive and has very masculine features but her movements, voice, mannerisms scream GIRL!

On the other hand the very beautiful girl who doesn't act all that fem will always be read a Girl.

So, perception is fluid and can be swayed one way or the other when presenting contradicting clues. More work cut out for those who do not have all the natures tools at hand.

For those girls who have been gifted with all genetic character of a feminine nature, first of all, "femmine è bello dannato" weather acting shy, timid or scarred they still will be read as genetic girl, just a shy girl.

For most of us then, its Broadway babe, performance of a lifetime. Sadly though even with the best performance if ones face does not gravitate toward femininity but would do well at Smithsonian's Neanderthal exhibit passability remains a far fetched fantasy.

These are realities and they do strike us down often, I for once have had such awakenings and devastating however they are, each time I have got up and became that much more motivated to go on with strength and dream the dream and make it reality, some day, somehow.

t-girlxsophie
08-05-2010, 12:34 PM
I first went out 9 years ago and have had times when I have been fearful,or concerned about reactions and some occasions where The Confidence has been there in spades.The reality as I see it is that ppl who concern themselves with us in a negative way,though it can hurt are really not worthy of a seconds thought,thats why I have on recent times out just enjoyed my girly day,head held high and happy to be me,and It does make for a much better experience

:hugs:Sophie x

Miss Misery
08-05-2010, 12:56 PM
I guess I would like to throw in the idea that a confident "what have you" - CD, LBGT ... - presents someone NOT vulnerable to gawks/attacks (verbal) whereas, the timid present an image that the outside world sees (often subconciously) as worthy of ridicule. The point being, if taunting etc is likely to get no response, then maybe the potential taunter perceives that and doesn't even start. Just an idea.

Nicole Erin
08-05-2010, 01:05 PM
If you are confident, you are less likely to catch hell.
I know that I do not pass well, but people don't give me crap or stupid looks. Sometimes it happens when I am in 1/2 femme mode but not when fully femme.

People that are rude, give stupid looks, make comments, or shake their heads are not worthy of worrying about to begin with cause they are idiots who don't have a life of their own and just want entertainment by starting crap.