PDA

View Full Version : New article about male waxing

Stacie Stockman
08-28-2005, 06:28 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20050824/en_usatoday/themaleresistancetowaxingismeltingaway

mchelle
08-28-2005, 08:52 PM
starting to think about it, as i have lots of hair...well not as much at the moment thanks to Veet....ive been asking some girls about it.

Mx Justina
08-28-2005, 09:07 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20050824/en_usatoday/themaleresistancetowaxingismeltingaway

Interesting view into what motivates modern western males...but male waxing wouldn't necessarily translate into social acceptance for TGs. Perhaps it's fitting in to perceived social niches...showing how powerfull Hollywood and television imagery can be...

Still, biological imprinting can be more powerfull (ie; most females visually will always prefer masculine looking males...which means facial and body hair as instinctive preference)...imo

J.

Lauren_T
08-28-2005, 10:18 PM
I'd enjoy having a word or two with 'Stan Williams, fashion and grooming director of Maxim magazine.'

One, what exactly is this supposed to signify?: "Go to any club and look at these young guys" who have thinned their brows to Norma Desmond wisps. "It's pretty frightening."

"Frightening?" In exactly what manner? To whom? I respectfully suggest the only persons likely to be "frightened" would be homophobic clowns.

Two, whaddup wit dis? 'When it comes to his chest, the average man clips it or simply lives with it, Williams says. If it's a source of relationship anxiety, "then why are you with (that person)?"'

Gee, thanks for the swell advice, Stan! So if my SO likes me fine but suggests I lose the fur, well f**k her, right? 'Why are you with that person?' Well, hopefully for reasons one Hell of a lot more important than whether or not I have a hairy chest!

Can you say "shallow egocentric asshat?" I knew you could!

______

Justina, I feel I must take slight issue w/ your observation re

Still, biological imprinting can be more powerfull (ie; most females visually will always prefer masculine looking males...which means facial and body hair as instinctive preference)...imo

Empiricist that I am (when apropos), I have noted a strong correlation in this area.

Individuals of either birth gender, who exhibit more pronounced secondary sex characteristics due to higher hormonal levels are (all else being controlled for of course) attracted to others w/ similarly pronounced SSCs, or to put it more succinctly, big-boobed, voluptuous women normally gravitate to muscular, hairy men. More androgynous-ish persons such as clean-shaven ectomorphic males likewise tend to seek shorter-haired, more waifish females.

Needless to say (so then why am I saying it? :p), other variables are involved in this, cultural, social, even economic, not to mention variants in individual personality. Still, Tom Selleck types are more apt to prefer a Bernadette Peters or Jenny McCarthy type to, say, a Winona Ryder or Kate Moss type.

And on a brighter note, wouldn't you agree we are fortunate to live in a time when each new generation is more willing to break from 'instinctual' preferences and primitive, outmoded gender-role archetypes, instead actually gravitating toward what they personally prefer as autonomous individuals?

...or OTOH, maybe not. :rolleyes:

Mx Justina
08-28-2005, 11:59 PM
Lauren_T: ...Individuals of either birth gender, who exhibit more pronounced secondary sex characteristics due to higher hormonal levels are (all else being controlled for of course) attracted to others w/ similarly pronounced SSCs, or to put it more succinctly, big-boobed, voluptuous women normally gravitate to muscular, hairy men. More androgynous-ish persons such as clean-shaven ectomorphic males likewise tend to seek shorter-haired, more waifish females.

Needless to say (so then why am I saying it? :p), other variables are involved in this, cultural, social, even economic, not to mention variants in individual personality. Still, Tom Selleck types are more apt to prefer a Bernadette Peters or Jenny McCarthy type to, say, a Winona Ryder or Kate Moss type.

And on a brighter note, wouldn't you agree we are fortunate to live in a time when each new generation is more willing to break from 'instinctual' preferences and primitive, outmoded gender-role archetypes, instead actually gravitating toward what they personally prefer as autonomous individuals?

...or OTOH, maybe not

Well maybe "big boobs" in females is not quite what I'd be slobbering over, but...OTOH...a little while ago, I finished printing out an article entitled; "Why Dominant, Alpha Men Are Appealing" (to females). Turns out the ovulating females (in a test study) overwhelmingly preferred the "aromas" of "dominant" male types (BBC, source; journal Biology Letters).

J.