PDA

View Full Version : Music to my ears

Leggy Ashley
08-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Hi ladies,
So as I was out driving yesterday, I had an epiphany. I realized that the music that I was listening to was more feminine than that which I normally listen to. I mean I normally listen to either rock or country, but when it hit me I started thinking back. When I am in the femme mode I find myself listening to Cheryl Crow, Jewel, Carrie Underwood, and things like that. I don't know if subconciously it makes me feel more feminine or if I just do it when I am dressed because subconciously that is just what I associate with at that time. I wonder if when I am dressed my brain actually gets more feminine... Lol... Thoughts?

Kisses,
Delighla

Barbara Jo
08-05-2010, 08:02 PM
I tend to do that also. :)

Shananigans
08-05-2010, 08:14 PM
Of course you'll probably listen to more feminine music when you want to feel feminine.

You think there isn't a coincidence that my Jagged Little Pill CD by Alanic Morissette is brought out every time I really start to hate men? (Lol the song You Oughta Know won't even be played anymore...literally...wore out).

Same concept that I don't pour a glass of wine, take a bubble bath, and turn on....death metal. Jeff Buckley? Sure. It's appropriate.

Life has a soundtrack. I'm convinced.

Angiemead12
08-05-2010, 08:22 PM
Sarah brightman, Madonna, Kylie, and lady gaga for me!

Lori31
08-05-2010, 11:28 PM
I do that too. I have an mp3 player just for Lori. It is filled with "her" music.

vikki2020
08-05-2010, 11:47 PM
I like to put on the radio, and see how long it takes before "Lola" comes on!

Frédérique
08-06-2010, 04:01 PM
I realized that the music that I was listening to was more feminine than that which I normally listen to. I wonder if when I am dressed my brain actually gets more feminine...

If you’re an MtF crossdresser, I would say your brain is more feminine to begin with, and you are what you listen to. I have a rather extensive collection of music, with relatively few female singers, but plenty of homosexual male vocal stylists, some of them iconic in nature. What does that tell you? How about ambient music – is that feminine or masculine? I would say the former, since it helps to be a little more…sensitive…to enjoy it, but sensitivity isn’t exclusively feminine, you know. If you get away from corporate-sponsored popular music and seek out the less traveled aural path, I think you’ll find the choices available for listening are quite blurred along lines of gender. There’s even music for people who are tone deaf – you need to avoid that…:doh:

MargaretJ
08-06-2010, 04:17 PM
I have a specific CD made up for playing in the car, when out en femme.

Lorileah
08-06-2010, 04:30 PM
sure what woman doesn't identify with waking up married to someone she doesn't remember and trashing someone's car.

So the question is, is it feminine music because it is a female artist?

Taylor186
08-06-2010, 05:00 PM
Would someone here who buys into this notion please define "feminine music" for me. And, I'm not talking a female singers vocal range versus a males.

Ten of the fourteen tracks on Carrie Underwood multi-platinum "Some Hearts" were written or co-written by men! [just check Wiki]

Leggy Ashley
08-07-2010, 01:14 PM
I thought it was just me being silly. I guess that there is something to it after all.

Barbara Dugan
08-07-2010, 05:23 PM
I prefer male crooners when I am on fem mode:heehee:

RoxyDoxy
08-07-2010, 06:26 PM
haha. I think I always listen to slightly mroe feminine music - no matter which mode I'm in. It just may be slightly sexier music, though.

jessica renee
08-07-2010, 09:05 PM
I can't really tell if I listen to more feminine music or not since I have what most would describe as an eccentric collection. I have cd's by celine dion, metallica, linkin park, natasha bedingfield, and garth brooks just to name a few. About the only thing I don't have is rap.

Lexine
08-07-2010, 09:12 PM
I've always gravitated towards feminine singers, but you're right though in some cases.

When I want to feel sexy, defiant, and confident, I put on "Sparkle" by Ayumi Hamasaki.
When I want to feel girly, daring, and mysterious, I put on "Paparazzi" by Lady Gaga.

And so on and so forth...

I have a whole playlist of songs that puts me in a role every time I go out. As with most girls, my girl mode is distinctly different than my guy mode, but unlike some I am often unaware of how different I can be when I'm a girl.

I guess this makes CDing all the more interesting for me!

gemsay32
08-08-2010, 02:08 AM
I don't think music is male or female. I've always hated with a passion country and rock music. I've always liked pop music (love songs) and new age ambient/electronica/etc. I liked Enya, but her songs were kind of melancholy so I don't listen to them as much as I used to. I LOVE Vangelis. You can listen to his music in Bladerunner and 1492. Is a pleasure to hear it. New age is probably my favorite. It's so peaceful and whole. I use electronica for excitement.

I've never considered the music I listen to to be male or female. Instead, I've always thought of it as "blue". Blue is a very relaxed, reflective color. That's how I feel inside. That's where I want to go. I want to be relaxed and reflective.

(what i say here reflects my own opinions about music)

PretzelGirl
08-08-2010, 09:32 AM
I don't really see a difference. My choices are the same no matter what I am presenting. Maybe this type of thing is tied to (and this may be a little simplistic, but a general point) those CDs that feel a change when they dress probably change music choices and those that feel the same whether dressed or not don't change their music choices.