PDA

View Full Version : A Bold Move for a Closet Dresser

EllieOPKS
08-06-2010, 02:54 PM
So I am getting bolder in my CD life. I got up the nerve to go for my first Manicure & pedicure today. The cute little girl that helped me was as sweet and professional as anyone could be. She did my fingers and then my toes. I had on an ankle bracelet and forgot to remove it which she did for me. I guess she figured out my nature because when she finished with my toes, she picked a nail color and painted my toe nails (with a nod of approval from me). It felt wonderful and I left her with a nice tip. Now I can't wait to get dressed up with some cute sandals on for the weekend . (home alone :) ).
Interestly, there were around 10 women there doing the same and I might as well be invisible because NO one even gave me a glancing look.

I am sure this has probably been discussed before but girls, all I can say is if you haven't tried it, you gotta. The leg and foot massage was heavenly.

kimdl93
08-06-2010, 03:02 PM
I just had my first pedi - along with my wife - several weeks ago. I'm ready to go back. It was a delightful experience! Glad you had fun!

Rianna Humble
08-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Glad you had such an enjoyable time. I agree about the massage. Only one word of warning - the experience is addictive :eek:

Nikki A.
08-06-2010, 06:27 PM
I've had three pedis in my life. The last one was the most interesting in that it was my daughter who suggested it after we gave blood. Wonder if she did it to see if I went for a colored polish (not sure if she knows, but may have an inkling or more). BTW I went with the clear polish, keep them guessing LOL

sissystephanie
08-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Rianna said it very well!! It is addictive!! I get a mani/pedi every two weeks and have been doing so for years! My late wife got me doing it, and I liked it so well I just kept on. My fingers are always a pale shade of pink and my toes are some bright color! Red or whatever I choose! Oh yes, in the hot weather like we have been having I do wear open toe sandals a lot! Hey, I am crossdresser, what can I say!

Amanda_Nicole
08-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Congrats Ellie!!

I am sure that your nails look beautiful so enjoy. I too have notice women very accepting of us when doing our nails. By the way, what color did she pick for you?

Transboy
08-07-2010, 11:24 AM
thats is brill i would love to have the courage to do that...

BobbiU
08-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Many times when I've been with my wife, and sorry to say, scratched her with my toe nails, she's said, I think more in jest, that she needs to take me for a pedicure. As I've been reading more and more on here, and seeing post like this, I think I'm ready to says "sure, as long as you pick a nice pretty color for my toe nails" :heehee:

rickibarr
08-07-2010, 05:00 PM
I enjoy manicures and pedicures. Either I do them myself or go to the salon depending upon the time, dollars, etc. My wife is the one who got me started on this stuff!

RoxyDoxy
08-07-2010, 06:27 PM
I haven't had to opportunity to try one just yet, but I'm sure it's pretty amazing. Ah...so many things to try. ;)

Alissa
08-07-2010, 08:22 PM
The last two times I have had one, I wasn't the only guy there. I go with my wife (doesn't know I cd), and just get clear polish.

Angiemead12
08-07-2010, 09:00 PM
I get a Mani and pedi weekly. Been using Matt nude polish for my hands already in boy mode and so far only the ladies seem to notice. Most guys won't see it. Of course my toes get all the pretty colors! :hugs:

Congratulations.

Aleria
08-07-2010, 09:11 PM
Mani/pedi is a wonderful indulgence. Definitely, enjoy the pampering!!!

Lexine
08-07-2010, 09:16 PM
I've only done manicures and, believe it or not, the first manicure I had wasn't at a nail place.

It was my nanny, when I was 8 years old! YEARS before I even started CDing!

I regularly have my nails manicured and painted black ever two weeks or so, and at one point my nails got so long that my co-worker thought I got french tips! Sadly, I had to have the nail place file them down because they started breaking :(

On a side note, I go to the nail place en drab... however, it should be noted that I've somehow mastered the art of being androgynous and, save for my voice (which I can change to be more feminine), people will often peg me as a flat-chested girl LOL

donnatracey
08-07-2010, 11:31 PM
The last two times I have had one, I wasn't the only guy there. I go with my wife (doesn't know I cd), and just get clear polish.

So far I been 4 times and have been the ONLY guy there but I have not felt uncomfortable at all. The staff has made me feel so relaxed that I look forward to going back as soon as I leave....:heehee:

SuzanneBender
08-07-2010, 11:44 PM
Ellie all I have to say is if heaven has a feeling it will be that of a Mani and Pedi. I have to share a little tidbit. I was in the PX at Ft. Hood. There is a nail salon in it and I was amazed to see nothing but Joes (Soldiers for you non Army types) in the chairs as I walked by a couple of weeks ago. The moral of the story is nail care and pampering isn't a female only thing anymore. Don't let gender or percieved social rules get in the way. If our nations finest can get a Pedi then by goodness why shouldn't all of us be able to have one.

I am glad you enjoyed it. Now get the their frequent flyer card and live it up!

EllieOPKS
08-09-2010, 10:38 AM
I apologize for not responding to anyone over the weekend. I only had my cell phone and it had a lot of problems when I tried to login to the site. Anyway, Thanks for your thoughts.

Amy, the color she picked was not quite clear, it had just a shade of pink in it. It was enough color that if you looked at my toes for more than just a moment, you could tell they were painted. I loved it because I left the salon and headed for the lake for a little R&R time by myself. I got to enjoy the color all weekend.

Suzanne - You've never been more right, this is definetly worth getting the frequent flyer card for. LOL!

Victoria Anne
08-09-2010, 12:54 PM
My wife got me started on mani/pedi's years ago and I love them , the pampering it feels so good.