PDA

View Full Version : End of a Disguise

AKAMichelle
08-08-2010, 12:07 AM
2 years ago when I first went out dressed, I ran into a woman in the TG community here in Denver. She works with a lot of cancer patient with their wigs. Hana told me that I could get a wig topper to cover my bald spot when I let my hair grow out. So 2 years ago my hair was very very short. That was the last time I had a hair cut as I grew my hair out. Now my hair had finally reached the point of being 8 inches past my shoulders. It had gotten very hard to stuff the ponytail up inside of the wig without it coming off.

So today on August 7, 2010 I went to see Hana and do away with my disguise. I was ready to no longer hide behind the wig disguise. I was ready to be myself when out. I had my doubts if this would ever work. I had been looking at what type of haircuts I could have which would be girly. Somehow I ended up with a very girly haircut. I couldn't be happier as you can see from the photo. The oddest thing is that I feel so much more girly with my own hair.

As a side note, I went out after getting my hair done to buy some golf clothes for Michelle. I found a skort to fit and a cap to keep the sun out of my eyes. I still have a top to buy, but after buying the clothes I went out to the car only to find it wouldn't start. There I was out dressed and couldn't find anyone to come to my rescue. So I began working on the issue of getting it to start. A young guy in his early 20's came to my rescue. When he tried to jump my car off, we noticed that one of the posts on the battery was loose causing the car to short out. After he fixed the problem for me, I was able to get the car started. That was the first time I broke down and needed help. I had never needed help but it felt pretty good to get a guy to fix your car for you when you are a damsel in distress.

All in all this will be a day that changes my life forever because now I have my own hair and color. Eventually I will probably do more about changing the color of my hair. But for now, I am happy being a middle aged woman.

SuzanneBender
08-08-2010, 12:25 AM
OK Michelle who is the GG in the picture???? You look great and the hair is tres fantastic!!!!!

Karinsamatha
08-08-2010, 12:41 AM
You look fantastic! :hugs:

Tracii G
08-08-2010, 12:47 AM
There they go again posting pics of GG's.LOL
You look great M. no kidding!!

Presh GG
08-08-2010, 01:26 AM
Perfect !!

Best,
Presh GG

Angiemead12
08-08-2010, 01:34 AM
great looking photo, its nice to have your real hair grow out and knowing it wont slip off if you flick it to hard!

RobynB
08-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Awesome photo!

RachelDenise
08-08-2010, 07:28 AM
I love how your hair turned out. It looks so very natural and femme!

LisaM
08-08-2010, 08:16 AM
You look wonderful, Michelle! You just lived another dream of mine.

PretzelGirl
08-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Yea hair! :thumbsup: I have to ask. Looking at your cut, I am wondering what you do with it in guy mode. Do you ponytail it and have bangs? I haven't experimented yet, so all sections of my hair are kept long. But for those of you who have it cut differently, I am not sure I have seen a lot of comments about how it looks guy-wise.

AKAMichelle
08-08-2010, 10:04 AM
I can't believe how much of a difference the hair makes. In the wig I was withdrawn a little. The hardest thing for me is smiling. In male mode I smirked but in female mode I am trying to learn how to smile. But in between the smile and new hair I feel so much better.

The hair has come at the perfect time because now I have the confidence and the ability to play golf en femme on Tuesday. I feel like I am checking off my bucket list a lot lately.

Form a support group in Denver
Long Road Trip Dressed (Denver to Dallas - Done)
Flying Girls Club Member (Monday I flew from Denver to Chicago)
Get my own hair girly styled
Play Golf Enfemme (Happening on Tuesday)

I need to find some other items to put on the list because I am almost out of items now. :devil:

Nicole Brown
08-08-2010, 10:27 AM
You look wonderful Michelle, very natural and feminine.

AKAMichelle
08-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Yea hair! :thumbsup: I have to ask. Looking at your cut, I am wondering what you do with it in guy mode. Do you ponytail it and have bangs? I haven't experimented yet, so all sections of my hair are kept long. But for those of you who have it cut differently, I am not sure I have seen a lot of comments about how it looks guy-wise.

I put my hair in a ponytail and let it go when I go out of the house. Around the house I leave it down in the female style without the topper piece.

LynnInDenver
08-08-2010, 10:40 AM
I actually haven't done more than the 'post donation' bob look in terms of getting a more permanent girl style with my hair, although I have had someone give me an 'updo' for one of the banquets. I just rely on the hairbands and leaving my hair loose for my usual 'guy hair to girl hair' transformation, with the occasional use of heat setting curlers to soften my look a little bit more. :battingeyelashes:

Lorileah
08-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Can't wait to hear about the golf game....where you playing?

MsJenna
08-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Great look Michelle, and I am envious. :)

I try to grow my hair out but mine never grows down just up and out. Maybe I need to invest in a straightener and try again.

AKAMichelle
08-08-2010, 12:49 PM
Can't wait to hear about the golf game....where you playing?

We are playing at Spring Valley in Elizabeth. So far there are 3 of us playing dressed. I am so looking forward to it. Maybe we can talk you into joining us in a week or so.

KellyG
08-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Michelle, your new natural look is great! Make sure you have front, back and side pics taken in case you need to get the same cut from a different person.

Jennifer in CO
08-09-2010, 07:10 AM
HEY!!! thats my neck of the woods...too bad I don't play golf...

Jenn

BLUE ORCHID
08-09-2010, 07:43 AM
Hi Michelle

You look great very natural let the fun begin.

Orchid

jenifer m.
08-09-2010, 08:01 AM
great photo.yor very convincing.congrats on taking the next step.

ReneeT
08-09-2010, 08:07 AM
You look great!

Emily Ann Brown
08-09-2010, 08:08 AM
Understand sister....I feel sooooo much my self with my own hair now. Is it great!!!! ?

Love the new picture to.

Em

Victoria Anne
08-09-2010, 09:23 AM
You look great Michelle and your hair looks good ,, you have made me think about my own hair and my bald spot, thanks

AKAMichelle
08-09-2010, 11:39 AM
You look great Michelle and your hair looks good ,, you have made me think about my own hair and my bald spot, thanks

My bald spot on top is about 3 inches wide. It has a lot of hair in it, but you can definitely see the bald spot. I also have a receding hair line which the wig topper was able to help with.

I am using a synthetic topper which was expensive enough. The next one that I get is going to be a real hairpiece or get hair plugs. I love the feeling and confidence that comes with using your own hair. I didn't think it would make much difference in the way I felt, but I was wrong. I worry less about going out dressed. Usually I avoid malls and stores on the weekend. I don't know why but I always have. After I started using my own hair, I went to a store on a Saturday afternoon. I would have ended up in the mall except my car broke down and all I could think of was getting home. I couldn't deal with transportation issues with my new do. :D

Cheryl James
08-09-2010, 01:25 PM
How liberating this must be for you. Congratulations.

kimdl93
08-10-2010, 01:06 AM
I am really impressed! You do look great, much more naturally feminine than you'd lead us to believe - I love the color on you too!