PDA

View Full Version : Applied to Victoria's Secret

JainaCarpaccio
08-08-2010, 03:47 PM
More on a whim then being serious. I dropped off my app and resume in drab mode. (slacks, long sleeved shirt, and cowboy boots). I listed SA for the position I was applying for, and the lady behind the counter was more than happy to take my app and even after looking at the first page asked if i had my resume with it. I took that as a good sign, though I'm wondering now. If I get an interview would it be a good idea to tell them I'm a crossdresser or no?

AKAMichelle
08-08-2010, 04:00 PM
Wouldn't hurt

KathyC
08-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Don't really have to tell them you are a CDer, otherwise they will think the reason you like to be there is their products or employee discount.
Many women clothing store do have male employees in these days, basically because a man do understand more how they want a woman to be look like, how they want them to be dress..etc.
Good luck!

BobbiU
08-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Sounds like an excellent opportunity, surrounded by beautiful lingerie all day. GOOD LUCK ! :)

Tanya83
08-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Curious, what does that type of position pay?

lacie
08-08-2010, 06:03 PM
I'd tell them if I were you. They might think that it is a unique plus to have you on their staff. Good luck!

JainaCarpaccio
08-08-2010, 06:09 PM
Curious, what does that type of position pay?

depends on the company. I'd honestly be happy just to have the work. pay's not my major concern right now as long as i make enough to pay the bills.

Maryesther M.
08-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Hope you get the job. Best of luck. It will be interesting if you DO get it to see how it pans out. Perhaps later on when you are more secure in your position you could divulge your hobby to your employers & turn up for work dressed en femme. It just might be beneficial to both parties, & great fun for you !

Tanya83
08-08-2010, 08:33 PM
depends on the company. I'd honestly be happy just to have the work. pay's not my major concern right now as long as i make enough to pay the bills.

I hear that. And I really can't think of a better place to do that too ;-)

jenifer m.
08-08-2010, 08:46 PM
i say hell yeah tell them. by saying that you are inadvertantly letting them know that you are familier with the product they sell,and that your not a threat to the ladies who shop there. however im pretty sure they wont let you dress there.at least not fully,but you could problably get away with androgenous or gender queer dressing.you know a little masculin,and a little feminine mixed together.if you get an interview ask what their dress policy is for men then tell them you cd,and see what they say.who knows?

kellycan27
08-08-2010, 08:53 PM
I hope you get the job, but I am wondering if VS might think that a man selling women's lingerie might make the customers a bit uneasy. Not all girls are as liberal as we are :heehee:

Aeify
08-08-2010, 09:10 PM
I really hope you get it! I would think that VS would want a man, in their store to give opinions, and to help others who are shopping there, think of how many men shop their and not just for themselves, for their wives or girlfriend's too, it would probably be even better if you dressed really androg because that would make you popular with the ladies as well. (imho) :)

JainaCarpaccio
08-08-2010, 10:22 PM
I hope you get the job, but I am wondering if VS might think that a man selling women's lingerie might make the customers a bit uneasy. Not all girls are as liberal as we are :heehee:

I've seen a couple guys working out front so I know it does happens. I'm honestly more curious abou whether they would let me come to work en femme. I'd have to start work in drab, but if they'd let me once I had the money to go fully en femme that would be :daydreaming:

Paula Siemen
08-10-2010, 08:48 AM
I recall the Victorias Secrete Store at Valley View Mall in Dallas, Tx had a gut that worked there some years ago. I think he was there for a couple of years as I was in the store on occasions to check out the lingerie. I always thought what a great job that would be and I wonder how the other customers related with him. I don't think he was an obvious CD'er, but did seem a bit Gay. Other than that it deemed to work for him pretty well.

Paula

Gerrijerry
08-10-2010, 09:14 AM
I would think that being male in VS would limit what you will be doing. I also think that most woman would not be comfortable with a male helping them in an lingerie store unless they thought he was gay or TS/CD. Hate to put it this way but a regular male would be looking at the woman and not at the clothes. Some woman may not like that when shopping. I would think the store will take that as a factor so telling them the truth up front may get you the job. The more feminine you dressed the better many woman would feel confortable with you. Just my two cents

JiveTurkeyOnRye
08-10-2010, 09:45 AM
I've seen men working in VS too, and I even know of at least one guy who had managed one of their stores. I think usually though when I see guys in the store, they do tend to either be working more in the back room, or in the lotion/makeup area, probably for the comfort of the other customers.

I say play it by ear with the crossdressing information because I could see it going either way for them, it might be better to wait to see what the store chemistry is like, and to build up a camaraderie with your coworkers so they see you as a full person and not just as the crossdresser applying for a job. Who knows, if it's presented as a fun thing to know about you once they already like you, they may even be the ones who encourage you to come to work dressed up.

eluuzion
08-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Tell them or not?

If you want any chance at getting hired, no. That is the real world, not the Disneyland reality of the Internet.

Their mission is to sell high end lingerie, with the end user being primarily female...not to end up in the national news with a publicity nightmare that could have a devastating effect on their image and bottom line.

Just my opinion...:love: