PDA

View Full Version : The lengths we'll go to look believeable

Danielle Gee
08-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Hi Ladies:

As I read thru the various posts on this board, I stuck by the lengths some of us will go to perfect our image.

Breast forms seem to be the most common article used by most of us. Butt and hip pad seems to be fairly common also. Corsets, girdles, and waist cinchers seem to be widely used also.

Other than the breast forms, I don’t use any of that stuff, even though I have at least one of each of the aforementioned items in my lingerie drawer. Every time I’ve attempted to mold my body into a shape other than my own, I've been so uncomfortable it took a lot of the enjoyment out of dressing.

Now if I “pass” or not is a question the rest of you girls to decide, My photos are there for all to see on my profile page. But I’m quite sure that if being uncomfortable was a key factor in CDing, I think twice about indulging in it.

So I’d like to begin discussion of this, What is your reason for wearing this kind of lingerie, and is your comfort a factor in your decision or is your outward appearance the deciding factor?

I love to hear your comments on this subject

Danielle:eek:

Tasha McIntyre
08-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Hi Danielle

Breast forms seem to be the most common article used by most of us. Butt and hip pad seems to be fairly common also. Corsets, girdles, and waist cinchers seem to be widely used also.

What is your reason for wearing this kind of lingerie, and is your comfort a factor in your decision or is your outward appearance the deciding factor?

I use breast forms, a waist cincher and butt / hip pads. The reason is to present myself the best I can, that's also why I use make up and wear a wig.

Another reason is that I have a fairly slim athletic body, dresses and skirts just hang limply off me without the"assistance" the body devices give.

Comfort is compromised a bit with a waist cincher, but if it's not applied too tightly it's not too much of a problem.

Hope this answers your question.

Tash :)

t-girlxsophie
08-08-2010, 06:37 PM
The two main reasons i dont go for the extras like hip and bum shapers,corsets and girdles is lack of Finance,and I think some of them would feel uncomfortable.

I would rather spend my cash on nice outfits,lingerie etc,I do of course wear forms and wig but that is as far as I would go.I do feel natural this way without all the extra padding,maybe that's just me

Rachel Morley
08-08-2010, 06:43 PM
What is your reason for wearing this kind of lingerie, and is your comfort a factor in your decision or is your outward appearance the deciding factor
A little of both. I use breast forms and hip and bottom padding. I used to use a corset but I stopped because in high heels it hurt my lower back if I stood up for too long, although my waist and overall shape looked awesome .... even if I do say so myself (and shouldn't!) :D

Maryesther M.
08-08-2010, 06:47 PM
I totally agree with the comfort thing. It's no use torturing yourself. If you look around at GGs, even young ones, most haven't got figures to die for, and fortunately nowadays most femm sizes reflect this.
Breast forms are a 'sine qua non' of course, and a limited amount of waist clinching works well too. I can also understand the use of butt & hip pads, but to date I haven't tried them

Mind you, I'd be all in favour of gadgets to reduce height by about four inches, shoulder width by about the same, and foot size by a number four as well!

Debb
08-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Unlike Tash above, I do not have a slim, athletic body :-) -- my build is more the body-builder type, without all that troublesome muscle.

I use forms, hip/butt pads, and a torsette, in an effort to have a curvy body, which is how I like to imagine myself, although much less wide-shouldered. I don't fool myself that I could surpass any kind of scrutiny, and it's not for that ... it's for my own self-image.

AllieSF
08-08-2010, 07:31 PM
I use all of the above to obtain the look that I want for my body shape. Not much discomfort and well worth it all for the end results. I dress to go out, so presenting well to the point of being attractive to others is my goal. In male mode I look, act and have the mental attitude of someone much younger than myself and want to present myself en femme similarly. I try to look and act the part, except for my voice, which one day I may be able to master.

connie23
08-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Hi!
I like to wear a cincher, breast forms, hip pads, false eyelashes, whatever. I think it is part of the thrill of being a complete female. I like the tightness and the challenge of walking in a corset and high heels. My wife complains about high heels but, I feel special when my hips are forward and my calves are flexed. It is worth the effort to look and feel oh so feminine.
Hugs,
Connie

Inna
08-08-2010, 08:41 PM
I love corsets always did, there is something sensual in the garment accentuating female form to an extreme. Love the look and the feel. Said that if I had a body of Eva Mendes, Oh la la, I would probably go half the time without the corset. But that will be, wait let me calculate, Never! So second best is having it on all the time. I am too a naturalist at heart and don't use anything else, whats more because my breasts are still fairly modest I don't use a bra but await that wonderful day when girls will fill the cups. I am so to speak like a early teen getting to know my inner woman.

Tasha McIntyre
08-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Sorry for getting sidetracked ... but

Mind you, I'd be all in favour of gadgets to reduce height by about four inches, shoulder width by about the same, and foot size by a number four as well!

I would so go for one (or more) of these gadgets :daydreaming:

Loni
08-08-2010, 11:22 PM
i think i would like to get a smaller waist/belly....but at this time only spandex gets the prize. :daydreaming:

hips and bumm. well lets just sit on that one. :doh: :devil:

Chickhe
08-08-2010, 11:42 PM
It depends on what you wear. Dressed in a spandex body suit, the butt padding and forms are required to create the correct proportions. Jeans also, but a skit or dress you don't really need the butt padding. Comfort is secondary is it not?

Persephone
08-09-2010, 12:01 AM
Comfort is overrated. Most of us, including most GG's, are likely to trade some comfort for style.

I find that breast forms and hip/butt pads work well for me. I don't find them uncomfortable and don't even notice them when they're on.

What you may be experiencing is different rather than actually uncomfortable. Wear 'em all day every day and you'll probably start to forget about them.

DawnRodgers
08-09-2010, 12:45 AM
The only "help" I use are breast forms to make the upper part of my body look attractively feminine and a shoulder length wig.. Don't want to be flat chested. Otherwise just sexy feminine clothes. Certainly also use a few makrup items, garter belt and nylons, sheer panties (usually thongs). Just want to be as feminine as possible.
Dawn

Gillian
08-09-2010, 01:31 AM
I find that on longer dressing days, I will cinch in my waist and create a more feminine shape that does bring just a touch of discomfort (well you know:battingeyelashes:) I enjoy that discomfort personally. I also wear a pair of black patent stiletto's that after a few hours do cause discomfort but again I accept this for the reason I have it. Only my form's (and I still use home made ones) give NO discomfort but do give huge, immense inexplicable PLEASURE! in a bra, the weight and feel cannot be described in truth.

I adore the look of them all together and like today for example, I have them in waiting along with control top hose, full make up and my wig of choice, a satin vest top and lilac pencil skirt,,,,,,,,,

I find it more than worth it!it's 7.30am and the transformation begins at 08.10 :daydreaming:

prene
08-09-2010, 02:49 AM
I always wear large attachable breast forms and tightlace my corset.

The corset can be very uncomfortable but it gives me a butt, hips and a waist. I wear a high waist control top pantie to help hide my other side and round out the change between me and my corset.

Comfort is secondary?

eluuzion
08-09-2010, 04:12 AM
I guess my approach is that if it is possible to do (modify) physically, via exercise/diet etc., that is what I do. Like if I was overweight, out of shape, etc (I am neither).

I have a high metabolism, athletic slender body (bone and muscle, no "fat"). So I do breast forms and wig (can't do that naturally) and the rest is just tweezers, razors, crayons and make-up...lol

corsets and padding are just things I have never thought about, I guess.

:love:

Nikki A.
08-09-2010, 08:09 AM
I wear what is needed to make what I'm wearing fit right. I could go a little larger in breast size and a cincher is needed for the waist.
Other than that I'm happy if I can blend as a middle aged, heavy set woman who dresses nicely.

sometimes_miss
08-09-2010, 09:03 AM
I think more than anything else, we do it to convince ourselves. We want so much to believe we can be beautiful, feminine women, that we will go to any length to enhance the illusion. For while some can pass, the number who can count themselves as representitive of female beauty are few indeed.

Victoria Anne
08-09-2010, 09:17 AM
I used to use all the goodies but have settled on just the breast forms and that is only because my breasts are only an "A" right now so I do need that for the sake of presentation. It has been noted that the women of today have less than the "figure to die for " so comfort and just being who I am is what is most important.

kaleyg
08-09-2010, 03:55 PM
i havent purchased breast forms yet, and i feel like im getting along fine with a molded/padded bra. i have been somewhat satisfied with a c cup. do forms really make that big a difference in look, or is it feel?

kayegirl
08-09-2010, 04:11 PM
I use all, breast forms, hip and bum shaping, and usually, but not always a waist cincher, and I do not find them at all uncomfortable. The key is to get the right size.it really does make all the difference.

sissystephanie
08-09-2010, 04:44 PM
I am a natural 40 B, so don't use any breast forms! There is a padded panty in a dresser drawer, but I can't tell when I last wore it. I do not own any of the other mentioned items.

I am a man, with no desire to become a woman. Since my wife is no longer here to do my makeup and fix my wig, I go out in public totally dressed enfemme but looking like the man that I am. Those that don't like the way I look don't have to look at me!

Alice Torn
08-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Kaley, I use water balloons, or gel balls. I can't afford breast forms, and actuall y like the balloon, as long as they are stronger, higher quality balloons. I am built like a defensive end, so, the only pads left, that i need, are football shoulder pads!! No, really, i just got a cheap panygirdle with hip pads. I stuck some added foam rubber, for butt pads. I think it made me look a little better, but not that good/ I think i will stuff the padding in my regular girdle, and see how it works.

Kate Simmons
08-09-2010, 06:40 PM
Well I've used all of the enhancements but the truth is no matter how "cutesy" we look the thing that really sells the image is how we come across. You can spend all you want on the 5% appearance but the 95% attitude is what really clinches the deal.:)

Sarah Doepner
08-09-2010, 07:43 PM
First, the pads and forms and cinchers actually help the clothes I wear to fit better, and that builds some confidence in my presentation. Then I do all I can to shape my body in hopes passers-by will look there and not at my face. Not much I can do there beyond makeup and a little tape, so diverting attention is my best hope.

AKAMichelle
08-09-2010, 08:22 PM
I think we do take a lot of steps to look believable. I for have gone through laser treatments for my chest and back for 3 years. I have grown out my hair and now using my own hair with a topper wig to cover the bald spot. I plan on doing several other things over the next year or so.

I too don't like the corset. That ends up hurting too much for a little bit of a shape.

PretzelGirl
08-09-2010, 09:40 PM
I have bought a few of the extra items, but rarely try to wear them. I want to be comfortable. I think GGs feel the same. That is why these extras are not as easy to find as let's say....a bra. And most people don't have perfectly sculpted bodies, so I don't feel I should have to reach such a lofty goal.

Presh GG
08-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Heavens !

I am a GG, very thin as is my husband. Being thin, neither of us have an "hourglass figure", but I beleive he/she looks way more believeable with just the well padded bra, all else natural.

IMHO, the more un-natural, the more tells. [ Sorry, but especially high- high heals. ]

I so agree with Denise Rhodes.:hugs:

Presh GG

Eva_nine
08-09-2010, 11:06 PM
honestly i would do whatever it takes to make ME feel femme. i have made all my own breast forms and hip/rear pads with foam. the breasts are a must and the hips just make jeans and most skirts fit soooo much better.

Christy_M
08-09-2010, 11:17 PM
I have the forms, waist cincher, hip and butt pads. The main reason is to complete the image I have of the woman I would like to be. Certaly Eva Mendez' body would be a top choice but since the brain transplant list is already too full, I will have to settle on artificial curves. Like many mentioned, I am not built like a gg but I too like the slight discomfort if the overall appearance is satisfying. I just wish I had the courage to wonder aimlessly en femme without worrying about what others would think...

kimdl93
08-10-2010, 12:52 AM
I use breast forms and a waist cincher - partly for outward appearance and partly because I just feel more complete with proportionately sized breasts.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
08-10-2010, 01:43 AM
But I’m quite sure that if being uncomfortable was a key factor in CDing, I think twice about indulging in it.

This was actually the biggest factor in my decision to start dressing the way I do. I wear the clothes I like because they feel good and comfortable on me, and I found a lot of the things one has to do to "pass" unless one is naturally blessed to be uncomfortable. I still wear lingerie and stuff for the short term because it does feel good and make me feel sexy, but I can't imagine wearing it all day. And just like women, I actually love the breathing skin feeling of stripping off my tights or hose after wearing them for hours.