PDA

View Full Version : what questions?

Steph.TS
08-08-2010, 07:23 PM
I've always identified myself as a man or a crossdresser, but I've been thinking lately about wanting breasts, and I was wondering what questions should I ask myself b4 thinking about if I am a transsexual or not, if I ask myself if I'm a TS and I'll say no, but I think that's because of how I see myself and fear, so what other questions should be asked to get to the root of am I a MTF TS?

Angiemead12
08-08-2010, 08:13 PM
I'm not an expert but I think most of us who get caught by the pink fog usually fantasize about going a few steps deeper into our self.

First off do you want to live more as female?

Have you lived as a female for a long time?

Do you feel that you inner sex is really female more than male?

What will happen to your family, friends, work?

How will breasts play out in your normal life?

Hope this helps.

As eddie Izard said in his documentary, not a day passes that I don't think of getting a breast implant and srs.

Steph.TS
08-08-2010, 09:44 PM
1 & 2 I only live as a man (undressing though with thoughts of doing some full crossdressing)

3 I honestly don't know, for my whole life I've lived as a man, but I enjoy chick flicks, and the more I dress, I'm eager to learn and try more

4. I'm pretty sure my family will be really upset, friends/work I don't know what will happen

5. I was thinking of hiding them by wearing loose shirt and a minimizing bra or something while dress as a man. While dressed as a woman, it would help me pass alot easier. If we're talking full TS, then I think I'd try to be a woman full time, and it'd be just like a regular woman, but I honestly would like to be a man with breasts, so that I can continue my life as I've known it while expressing my feminine side. it's the half TS thing that confuses me.

I honestly don't know what it would mean to be a woman 24/7 so I can't say that's what I want... I don't know if I'm a woman inside or I'm just envious of their clothing, and would like to have fun with it... maybe I'm just confused as I'm starting to crossdress again, and I'm just caught up by it...

Traci Elizabeth
08-09-2010, 10:37 AM
Sounds like you need to do a lot more soul searching.

If you have to ask us, you ought to question your motive and analyze whether this is just a temporary "phase" you are going through or something deeper.

Look into your childhood, your adolescence, your sexual experiences, your relationships with women and/or men for some indication as to why you think you are feeling this way.

If you can't come to terms with the direction you want to pursue perhaps an appointment with a mental health professional might be in order. :2c:

Billijo49504
08-09-2010, 10:38 AM
The best advice I can give you is, get some frorms!!! Now let me qualify that. I'm a 42C, due to thyroid cancer.
Do you like to run around with out a shirt, I can't.
Do you like to go swimming in public places, I can't go topless. And a lot of pools don't let you wear a t shirt.
Do you like to wear a bra, every day, all day, or else the girls hurt. I can't wait to get the damn thing off, in the evening.
Do you ever go places where you have to undress in the area where others can see your chest??? Like in a locker room!!!
Then what are you going to tell your family???
You need to get a set of forms,sized for your body type. Put them in a bra and wear them for a whole day. Just to see how you like the extra weight
You need to think about all the times you want to be in guy mode, with forms, you can just put them in the drawer, till next time. When they are on your chest, they don't go away. Also if you do get them, and change your mind, it some where around $3 to 5 thousand dollars.
I've learned to live with my gurls, and my wife knows that it is from a medical problem. And I'm now in counciling to determine if I'm transgendered. That's the best advice I can give you...:2c:...Billijo

BreenaDion
08-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Ever thought you might be a Transvestite ? Find a Phychotherapist an explore what you really are. I did, and I thought I was a CD evoluing into a Transvestite. Nope to my surpise I was born a true Transsexual, just my journey is filled with pain an abuse . I just got here on a different bus than the rest of the girls. So now I "suffer" from transsexualism. Not a good thing to have but its way better than testosterone by far.

Good luck an happy soul searching.

Bree

Stephenie S
08-09-2010, 01:51 PM
It has been my experience that those of us who ARE transgender KNOW that we are. If you have to wonder, you may not be.

This is, of course, oversimplified. There are many shades of gray. But most transgendered people I have met have been absolutely certain of their true gender from a very young age.

Therapy is a good place to start if you are unable to decide. If you are wondering, go slow.

Stephie

Rianna Humble
08-09-2010, 02:12 PM
I've always identified myself as a man or a crossdresser, but I've been thinking lately about wanting breasts, and I was wondering what questions should I ask myself b4 thinking about if I am a transsexual or not

I honestly would like to be a man with breasts, so that I can continue my life as I've known it while expressing my feminine side.

I think that you have answered your own question. If you would honestly like to be a man (with or without breasts), then you are almost definitely not an MtF transsexual.

Although some people take a long time before they can admit to themselves that they are in the wrong body, sooner or later someone who is MtF TS has to face the fact that they are not a man and cannot live any longer with pretending to be one.

I expect that the same applies to an FtM TS not being able to live with pretending to be a woman, but I do not have any experience of that so am open to correction.

I have absolutely no criticism of your desire to remain a man, but I think you can put your mind at rest that you are probably not TS. As to whether wanting breasts is down to the Pink Fog or something else, I would have to echo the advice to see a counsellor who can help you to see for yourself whether this is right for you.

Sandra Dunn
08-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Angiemead offers some really good questions for you to really think about. One thing you can do and you'll need to do it, either way, is to set up an appointment with a therapist with transgender issue knowledge. Once you start, the breast may grow large or may grow small and then there is the roller coaster ride of the hormones.

Until you are ready to show up to work as a woman for the rest of your life you probably are not ready. I have one more meeting with my therapist and I start the hormones, name change and a minor surgery or two.

HUGS Sandra

Steph.TS
08-09-2010, 09:09 PM
in all honesty, this topic is exciting but also scary, I think I'll wait a long time if I ever goto a therapist, you guys made an excellent point about it being permanent, and I honestly don't know how to deal with many of those situations. A serious topic, as much as I'd like to be a girl or girly I think the level of seriousness scares me too much to look into it.

Danni Bear
08-09-2010, 11:51 PM
What questions indeed. You answered most of them yourself in your post. A good therapist is essential to understanding. S/he will help you down paths you don't know exist in your brain. Ones that help you discover who you are. They can be slippery and winding,doubling back upon themselves. The journey you are undertaking is treacherous and daunting. The goal of which must be in finding you whoever that is. DON'T worry about what you are, you are you . Like all the rest of us, somewhere on the road of discovery. Some farther ,some closer, but most still trying to find our identity.

Good Luck in all your travels
may good fortune shine upon you

:hugs::hugs:
Danni Beard

ReineD
08-10-2010, 12:04 AM
I agree with AngieMead. If you do still enjoy parts of your guy life, how will you feel about your breasts when you are in male mode? There was a thread in the forum recently about a TG who did get breast implants, only to become closed in and embarrassed about going out to work. He could not go out without always wearing a big shirt to hide them.

It's hard enough for people who do want to transition, but even harder I think for those who present a blended gender. Society has a bit further to go before being able to fully embrace this, I'm afraid.

luvSophia
08-10-2010, 04:43 AM
Unless you feel compelled to show off a lot of skin and cleavage having natural breasts is not going to help you "pass" better any more than a set of breast forms will. As the others have pointed out being TS is much more than about external appearances or feeling girly. It's about the realization that your physical sex does not match your sexual identity.

Nicki S
08-10-2010, 09:21 AM
It's hard enough for people who do want to transition, but even harder I think for those who present a blended gender. Society has a bit further to go before being able to fully embrace this, I'm afraid.
I am doing my part and getting out there wearing my forms in guy mode. I get a strange look once in a while, but nothing bad. Hopefully society will make the transition.

Melissa A.
08-10-2010, 11:01 AM
It has been my experience that those of us who ARE transgender KNOW that we are. If you have to wonder, you may not be.

Tis true. Many of us also spend a very long time fighting that knowledge. There is a big difference between those two experiences and the onset of some kind of trans-euphoria. Be careful. I wouldn't give up where I am now for the world, but that's because there isn't another option for me, and I know it. Much of it ain't easy, fun, inexpensive, or quick. As my therapist used to tell me, On the one hand, this really shouldn't be a big deal, especially to others. But ya know what? This is HUGE.

Hugs,

Melissa:)

Billijo49504
08-10-2010, 07:18 PM
I am doing my part and getting out there wearing my forms in guy mode. I get a strange look once in a while, but nothing bad. Hopefully society will make the transition.

I'm just out there with what god gave me, in guy mode. And I own a lot of those big shirts...BJ

Steph.TS
08-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Unless you feel compelled to show off a lot of skin and cleavage having natural breasts is not going to help you "pass" better any more than a set of breast forms will. As the others have pointed out being TS is much more than about external appearances or feeling girly. It's about the realization that your physical sex does not match your sexual identity.

I want to wear tight and revealing clothing, and yes cleavage. look, this is a great topic, part of me wants to explore this part of me, but I can't realistically do that, I worry too much and I honestly don't know how my family will deal with it or how I'd let them know, and what about my friends/coworkers, there are too much questions and unknowns that could really impact me. I'm going to slow down, and just get more comfortable with crossdressing and maybe later look at this topic. but it is indeed very scary to think about.