PDA

View Full Version : Any Advice?

kymmy008
08-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Recently i welcomed a new son into this world my wife is very receiving of me and my dressing shes even put a pair of knee high boots and breast forms on laybuy for my bday and xmas seeing as there only a month apart.

But its becoming harder to find time to dress with a 3 year old son and a newborn any one got some words of wisdom that they themselves have done and such

KandisTX
08-08-2010, 08:47 PM
First and foremost CONGRATULATIONS on the new baby. ;) Secondly, you have an understanding and accepting wife, BONUS!
Thirdly, as a parent myself, I can assure you that time for dressing will be limited, however sitting down with your wife and discussing this with her is my main advice. You and she may be able to come to some form of compromise where she can allow you time to let kymmy come out and play. When my wife and I first got married, she would take the children on Sunday and go over to a friends house and spend the day with that friend (her maid of honor from our wedding who happened to be married to my best man), this allowed me to have Kandis time and was every Sunday. She would call me and let me know she was coming home with the children so I had time to transition back from being Kandis. It was a wonderful arrangement that worked out quite well for us in that I was still able to dress as I wanted for the entire day on Sunday each week, and of course I could always just hide out in our bedroom and dress or underdress on a daily basis if I desired. ;)

Kandis:love::rose2:

kymmy008
08-08-2010, 08:54 PM
yeah i usually dress when my 3year old is at daycare or late at night when there asleep and usually underdress atleast 80% of the time(cant really at work as i lift and bend alot thus revealing my boxers and proly wouldnt go down to my favor heh) but yeah currently at home with my 3year old son as wife has had to go 9hours away to say goodbye to her pop who passed away a day after my new son was born so even harder right at this moment lol

Aleria
08-08-2010, 09:13 PM
You have an understanding SO... that's gold.

Now, the #1 thing in her life are the kids, and if she senses that anything (say... CD'ing) is your priority instead, there's a problem.

She's making plenty of sacrifices with the newborn (midnight feedings, etc) and saying that you're not getting enough girl time may not be the thing to mention right now.

Take what you can get, when you can...

Till then, remember...

1) the kids
2) Attention to your lady... she needs to feel it
3) Double the time for 1 & 2
4) CD'ing

KandisTX
08-08-2010, 09:55 PM
Oh, let me clarify my other post, in now way did I mean that your wife and children should take a back seat to your dressing, just that it is possible to find a way to compromise and allow for all to co-exist nicely together. :)

Kandis:love::rose2:

Danni Bear
08-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Kymmie,

Congradulations on the new one.

Advice, that's a hard one to answer. It's different for everyone. A S.O. that understands and supports is a bonus. I know it's hard to but let her take the lead. She will guide you in this, give her a chance. More than anything else always remember your kids come first.

Good luck and congrdulations again
:hugs:
Danni Beard

P.S. both of you get all the rest you can get you'le need it :devil:

Kate Simmons
08-09-2010, 05:19 AM
Only this my friend. Enjoy being a Dad. Once the kids grow up you'll never get the chance again.:)

kimdl93
08-10-2010, 01:18 AM
I can only speak for my own situation. I kept my CDing from my kids. Now that they are (mostly) out of the house, I dress quite regularly.

BTW, you have a great wife!

Tara1967
08-10-2010, 01:37 AM
I can see that the situations can be very difficult to acomplish everything and keep all happy. Like one of the girls here that said his wife would leave on Sundays. If that cannot be arranged regularly, then maybe just before the children are put to bed, lock yourself in the masterbedroom and M/bath and endulge, even if it's for a few short hours. I never could do that when mine were coming up, and also my wife at that time didn't know about it. I had to leave it alone for years till they were grown and gone. Now my current wife says I can dress as far as I want to for as long as I want to and that is really great. I lived alone just 4 years ago for about 2 years and I didn't CD at all. It seems like it's better when you can share it with someone you love. But get what you can when you can.

Sarah_GG
08-10-2010, 04:10 AM
You have an understanding SO... that's gold.

Now, the #1 thing in her life are the kids, and if she senses that anything (say... CD'ing) is your priority instead, there's a problem.

She's making plenty of sacrifices with the newborn (midnight feedings, etc) and saying that you're not getting enough girl time may not be the thing to mention right now.

Take what you can get, when you can...

Till then, remember...

1) the kids
2) Attention to your lady... she needs to feel it
3) Double the time for 1 & 2
4) CD'ing

I couldn't have said it better myself! Wise words Aleria :)

eluuzion
08-10-2010, 04:22 AM
Advice?
"Always make sure you are worth more alive than dead".

Buy a couple of those Hazmat waste cans they use in hospitals for the dirty diapers. (they seal in the smell, lol). Pick the largest room in your house that is on ground level, remove all the furniture, child-proof it, install a video cam observation system and TV/video set-up, install a big white board on the wall, fill it with toys and soft furniture, and use it as your daycare center. (Get used to watching the same cartoons and Schrek movies hundreds of times.)

For the next 16 years, your only personal entertainment will consist of planning events you can cancel at the last minute, (which will be the norm…)

CD time? You will be lucky to have time to take an uninterrupted shower…:heehee:

I finally divorced my ex and her numerous boy “friends” when my kid was 2 years old. Shared custody and I had my child every Fri-Monday, most holidays and every time my ex had a date (2-3 nights a week). I moved to a house 2 miles from the ex and became the only “responsible” parent. Since I lived alone, the 2-3 days/week I did not have my daughter here, I could do whatever, whenever I wanted. Ideal set-up actually. (except for the part where I lost a six-figure corporate exec job, cars, house, $100K and all my assets & savings…lol).:daydreaming:

If you place your kids first in every decision you make, you will not have much time for anything else. But it is worth every minute. In sixteen years when you buy them a new car…you will be lucky if you see them 2 days a month…but of course, you will still pay for everything, lol. (In my case, pay for each issue 3 times…hehehe).

My 16 years of "solo" parenting is officially over in 4 months. I am typing this from the office in my house, at 2am, listening to classic Tina Turner/Phil Collins at ¾ full volume. I am fully dressed in little black dress & 5” pumps, as usual. I am debt free, financially secure, “self employed”, and for the most part…mentally stable. After buying her a new car on her 16th birthday…she basically “disappeared”, aside from stopping by to pick up her allowance, lol.

Parenting now consists of paying allowance, paying for prom dresses, lost cell phones, red-light cam tickets, health clubs and trips. Oh, I still get to see her…but it is just a dot moving in real time across a city map on my computer monitor, relayed to me via the Satellite GPS tracker in the trunk of her car. Hehehehe.

Was it worth it? You bet. Am I happy? Always. Do I know what my future holds? Never. Do I worry? No. Life is all about perception…

Think about it…What could possible be more important in life than your kids?
Enjoy them, it is an opportunity to never grow up…
They will still be selling wigs and 5” pumps years from now…

Congrats on the new life added…:love:

E

erickka
08-10-2010, 06:45 AM
Like many have said...Family first! You can't go wrong that way. There will be the rest of your life for Kymmy time. Congrats on your new arrival.

EllieOPKS
08-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Congrats on the new baby! A suggestion for you and your wife, cause everyone knows that children take top priority. I know from raising children of my own (this pre-dates crossdressing) that to maintain a healthy family relationship both of you need time of our own. Your own private time where the other spouse takes the kids for the day or afternoon or weekend by themselves and the other spouse has time for whatever they like. Back in the day, I played a lot of golf, my wife loved to shop go out with her girlfriends, etc. It worked out really well for both of us to have some private "down time" to do whatever makes you relaxed and comfortable. If you enjoy CDing, this might be a way to do it without concern. It worked really well for us, just food for thought.

tricia_uktv
08-10-2010, 04:32 PM
Yay, congratulations and love all for family to death because for now they come first. It. is early enough in your children's lives for you to come out if you and your wife are happy with that. If not I would suggest that you dress away from your home town with your wife's permission.

There are only two things that really matter in life.

One is you, the other is your family,

Good luck on whatever you decide to do,

Hugs