PDA

View Full Version : Feeling very proud!!!

PrettyFlowingGown
08-08-2010, 09:46 PM
I have had a terrific neighbour from taiwan for the last 8 months, and we are very very close freinds. so close that I came out to her a few weeks ago, cause she noticed my red finger nails after a night out. Until last night, she had seen my full wardrobe and my photos, but she had never seen me in person as Angela, my female name. Her hubby is over from taiwan for 3 weeks and i invited them in last night for some drinks and they accepted greatly, but i said I'd be Angela. They said "Great, we cant wait!!!", so i greeted them at door in my wig, full make-up, beautiful flowing chiffon skirt and red top. we watched "Iron man" and had great time. I'm really proud of what i've done this year (although dont like boasting). I've gone out mainstream, tried on wedding gowns in a bridal boutique and now i'm entertaining guests. Its really lovely to be myself in front of other people.

Samantha B L
08-08-2010, 10:01 PM
I'm so glad for you Angela. That's a great post!

:hugs: :love: :thumbsup:

BobbiU
08-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Congratulations on a great accomplishment ! You definitely have a lot to be proud of. :)

KellyG
08-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Your blue gown is gorgeous! And the picture of you so happy in your gown is adorable. Also, congratulations for meeting your neighbors as Angela, and all the other things you're doing. It inspires the rest of us. Being our true selves in the world changes the world one encounter at a time.

FireFoxAngel
08-08-2010, 10:38 PM
There's something about being dressed and watching "Ironman" that made me smile :)

Rachel Morley
08-08-2010, 11:34 PM
I'm really proud of what I've done this year (although don't like boasting). I've gone out mainstream, tried on wedding gowns in a bridal boutique and now i'm entertaining guests. Its really lovely to be myself in front of other people.That is totally awesome! I am so happy for you! :) The validation you must be feeling inside of the real you must be fantastic. Yep, not everyone in the world hates us .... although I tend to think your neighbors acceptance is more to do with you as a nice person rather than their acceptance of CDers. :)

PrettyFlowingGown
08-09-2010, 06:07 AM
I'm planning another night next week too, with some other close freinds. I asked today and they said they are very interested. I'm going leaps and bounds.

5150 Girl
08-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Outstanding. I think stories like this (baout "outings" beeing met with acceptance) are what this board needs.
The more comonplace we make ourselvs, the less of a minority we become

Lexine
08-09-2010, 01:39 PM
It's always nice when you get the courage to not only step out into the outside world en femme, but also to find people who are genuinely interested in your girl side who won't judge you because of the act itself. Keep it going! :)

sissystephanie
08-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Angela, you are one awesome "lady!" I haven't worn a gown like that since my wife passed away, as she was the one who fixed my wig and did my makeup. I do miss that!

AKAMichelle
08-09-2010, 08:28 PM
You are becoming you all of the time and not just sometimes. That is wonderful that your neighbor accepts you so much.

flatlander_48
08-09-2010, 08:43 PM
I've been back in the US for about 18 months after having lived in Taiwan for 4 years. There seems to be a lot of "Live and let Live" in their thinking. As a result, some things just don't bother them too much. There also seems to be a strong sense of spiritualism. I believe this allows people to deal with situations where all is not as it appears.

Anyway, Good Luck to you!