PDA

View Full Version : Age

pattyv
08-09-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm in my 50's. My wife is 5 years younger than me, yet she feels I'm a teenager when it comes to girly things. She observes immaturities in me as a girl, yet she looks up to me as a wiser older male. I consider myself well versed in wordly affairs. I came out to my wife about my crossdressing a few years after we were married, and she lovingly accepted me for who I am. Just thinking out loud. I love this forum, and I want to thank all my sisters here for all your sage advice over this past year. Love to you all.

Patty.

denisecdfl
08-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Me too. Ain't it fun to be a bit silly !! Maybe that's why we do it.
It keeps us young !!

sissystephanie
08-09-2010, 09:19 PM
I am in my late 70's and have 2 children older than your wife. BTW, she is to blessed for accepting you "as is!" But my late wife, who actually was 2 years younger than I, always insisted that I was younger, at least as Stephanie!! She did love Stephanie!!

sterling12
08-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Remind her that many of us had "arrested development," at least that's true for our femme side. Since we didn't get to go to The Prom, didn't get to try out all "those looks" that teen girls go through, never got to experience being a young woman; it's not surprising that we might be a bit "youthful" with our fashion statements.

I notice within my Support Group Circles that often with a lot of "going out" and other social activities, there's a tendency to "mature" in our dressing styles. We're probably never going to do "Poly-Pants, Uni-Sex Slob." But, we do start to adjust and figure out how to Dress when we are shopping in WalMart.

Just about 100% of The Time, as we grow, and spend more time en-femme', That Teeny-Bopper/****ty Look seems to vanish. Hey isn't that what happens with Grown-Up Women? ....gosh, I hope so!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Inna
08-09-2010, 09:59 PM
I can not compete with you girls I am in true sense of the word just a teenager (43):eek:.
When you take under consideration all the days we have been presenting in fem:doll: and experiencing he world through girls eyes:daydreaming:, I think it is fair to say I have about one full year of experience as Alexia. And if you consider an experience being outside interacting :slap:with the world that clock turns back for me to about 4.5 hours. So there, immature:silly:, heck yea, but you know what?, I don't want to be experienced or wise, I got my share of that while being male and it sucks!!!!!!!!!! I want to be naive, inexperienced:jumping:, sensual:kiss:, vulnerable, heavenly being looking onto the world with no reservation. Uninterrupted, just like a baby is born with no preconceived notion of how this world should be, and aren't they just perfect! Wisdom lies in unknowingly being unwise, so call me immature, I just love it baby, except the wrinkles, can someone do something with my wrinkles, heeellloooo.............

kimdl93
08-10-2010, 12:58 AM
I try to dress my age to some extent...I wish I could dress like my eldest step daughter - she's so petite and gorgeous.

Tina L.
08-10-2010, 07:05 AM
I'm in my late fifties, i am wearing a short denim skirt tank top and cow boots. so i don't think i dress my age.

AKAMichelle
08-10-2010, 08:12 AM
Yes we are like teenage girls because we missed all of those feelings when we were young. So now we are playing catch up.

vikki2020
08-10-2010, 08:16 AM
Making up for lost time maybe? Or, being dressed just gives us that shot of energy, that makes us feel younger! Besides, all the cute styles are in the Jr. department, no fair!

boardpuppy
08-10-2010, 08:27 AM
Playing catchup is OK but when the SO says that outfit is to young for you or that purse is a "Grandma purse" and refuses to let you even take it out of the closet, well you have to strart growing up a little or younger as the case my be. However I do have those tights and skinny jeans for whenever.... Even us older ladies have a desire to go off the deep once in awhile.

Hugs,
Alice

Chari
08-10-2010, 09:05 AM
Being over the half century mark, once in awhile I will dress in somewhat younger styled clothes, hair styles, and makeup. Depending on the event and weather, I prefer to wear outfits that are comfortable and give me confidence to be the best looking woman I can be!

leotard fan
08-10-2010, 09:12 AM
...i agree with AKAMichelle "Yes we are like teenage girls because we missed all of those feelings when we were young. So now we are playing catch up." and with vikki2020: "Making up for lost time maybe? Or, being dressed just gives us that shot of energy, that makes us feel younger! Besides, all the cute styles are in the Jr. department, no fair!"

suchacutie
08-10-2010, 09:48 AM
When Tina first arrived 5 years ago, it took us a while to figure out how to handle this, but one thing was clear: Tina knew very little about being a girl! The very first time she bought mascara for Tina and explained how to use it was a revelation to all of us: Tina was very much like a very young girl having her first experimentation with makeup and dressing.

Ok, I was 55 not 5, so it was a crash course. At this point my wife considers Tina to be in middle adolescence with most things but learning fast (which is where my byline came from!).

Genetic girls are given 15 years of 24/7 time to experiment with being a girl. We do it part-time (most of us), some of us have to hide what we're doing with no direct help, but the fact that most of us are adults gives us a chance to move at an accelerated pace, even if we must learn things that GGs don't such as dealing with our voices and those male "clues" our bodies give off all the time!

It's a tough job. Being transgendered certainly isn't for wimps!!!

:)

Tina

Alice Torn
08-10-2010, 10:08 AM
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Great avatar. No wonder your wife thinks you are a younger gurl!/COLOR]

sometimes_miss
08-10-2010, 11:14 AM
Add me to the arrested development crowd. As a girl, I'm stuck forever at 14.

carhill2mn
08-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Hi Patty, you do not state what things cause your wife to say that you are a "teenager" (in a way she is probably correct for the reasons others have stated). Is it your choices of what you wear; is it your makeup; is it your behavior? Since your wife is accepting you why not ask her for advice as to how what you should do to be older than a "teenager"?

tricia_uktv
08-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Ha ha ha. I agree with everything said but I have a problem. In two months time I am planning on going to work dressed as Trish. I need to acquire a professional woman's wardrobe.

And that isn't easy when you are just 17.

I think I'll manage though :)

Lexine
08-10-2010, 05:22 PM
I think it makes sense given the allusions of our CDing to a "second puberty" by some of the girls here. When I'm Lexi it feels as if she's aloof all the time and hardly ever logical. I think that's one of the charms of being en femme, and why we indulge in it so much.