PDA

View Full Version : What do our SO's have to put up with?

Rachael Warren
08-29-2005, 03:54 AM
There have been a couple of "warts and all" threads recently.

I was wondering what we look like in daily home living, i.e. what our SO's have to live with. We all can get glammed up, but there must be a middle ground.

I am a self confessed slob, I rarely try to put on a good appearance. For me it's loose the drab and grab a skirt, maybe a nice touchy feely femanine top, or just a T shirt.

Freya is lucky if I even bother to shave, I realy must make more of an effort!:(

How about you girls?

Rachael.

Jonien
08-29-2005, 05:00 AM
before I got my femme wordrobe together yes I was a slob did't shave If I could get away with it socks could last me a few days bath once a week well maybe

but then Jonien emerged
Jonien is very fussy as to how she looks makeup as perfect as I can with the canvase every thing will be washed and pressed and hung back up including knickers yes evern knickers get to go on a hanger shoes are cleaned when removed before being put away what I wear must coardinate and cheak in a full length mirrors

my wife on the other hand may get up if im lucky by 3pm put on a night shirt and will slob out and there she will stay infront of the tv (woops that the box that shows moving picturs ) then if we are going out she will make the efert to sorta dress so now I have to sirjest y not try this or I think that would look good together as for her puting on any makeup enough sead
Don't get me wrong she has had a bad time with a mental disorder and her medication has made her this way
so nowing what it is like to live with a no I wont say it
but yes I do know now what she has had to put up with in the past

well you did ask

Rachael Warren
08-29-2005, 05:23 AM
before I got my femme wordrobe together yes I was a slob did't shave If I could get away with it socks could last me a few days bath once a week well maybe

but then Jonien emerged
Jonien is very fussy as to how she looks makeup as perfect as I can with the canvase every thing will be washed and pressed and hung back up including knickers yes evern knickers get to go on a hanger shoes are cleaned when removed before being put away what I wear must coardinate and cheak in a full length mirrors

my wife on the other hand may get up if im lucky by 3pm put on a night shirt and will slob out and there she will stay infront of the tv (woops that the box that shows moving picturs ) then if we are going out she will make the efert to sorta dress so now I have to sirjest y not try this or I think that would look good together as for her puting on any makeup enough sead
Don't get me wrong she has had a bad time with a mental disorder and her medication has made her this way
so nowing what it is like to live with a no I wont say it
but yes I do know now what she has had to put up with in the past

well you did ask

Ask, I sure did, and thanks for the reply.

I think it is healthy to take a look at ourselves from another perspective, maybe we can then improve a little.

I think that I will take a leaf out of your book and try to be a little less slobbish.

Love, Rachael. ;)

Toyah
08-29-2005, 06:06 AM
Whats wrong with being a slob, gave up trying years ago.:D

Rachael Warren
08-29-2005, 06:11 AM
Whats wrong with being a slob, gave up trying years ago.:D

Somehow, I just knew that you'd say that! :D

Have you finished with that dress yet?

LOL, Rachael.

Imogen_Mann
08-29-2005, 07:11 AM
Most of my life at the moment is spent out there in the drab world, I cant slob because I wear a uniform and have to follow dress codes. In the home.... I used to live and look like a total slob when my ex was still here, but then, so did she. We both admit, since we split, we have both made a 100% effort to look good. I even try to look good in drab, Right now I'm wearing pre stressed semi fade jeans, a red sessions chest logo skating teeshirt, a pair of the coolest and utterly eye catching white and red CCCP logo'd Acupuncture trainers and perfectly white trainer socks, Clean shaven and (i think) looking nice... The way I see it, when I go out today, why should everyone else have to put up with some total git in bad clothes wandering about, stinking the place up ?

The other thing my Ex had to contend with was my endless whining and moaning about how everything that was wrong in my life was someone elses fault.... I have since taken full responsibility for my life... and guess what ! It's a hell of a lot easier, and better now.

The last six months have been a bit of an upheaval for me. lots of hard work, soul searching, introspection, denial, acceptance, anger, despair, and finally realisation and understanding BIG TIME (I also realised that my name is Jayme with a Y in the middle, not an I near the end) ... But in the last six weeks things have really started to pay off at last.

My Ex put up with a lot.... but then so did I.

XX

Jayme

Rachael Warren
08-29-2005, 07:37 AM
Hi Jayme, I am really glad things are working out for you. I know that you have had a rough time lately.

Sounds like you have made a great job of getting yourself back up.

Thanks for the reply.

Hugs, Rachael.

Imogen_Mann
08-29-2005, 08:01 AM
Hi Jayme, I am really glad things are working out for you. I know that you have had a rough time lately.

Sounds like you have made a great job of getting yourself back up.

Thanks for the reply.

Hugs, Rachael.

Thanks babe !!!!

I'm trying my best, I can't do more than that.

XX

Jayme.

urban gypsy
08-29-2005, 08:11 AM
Somtimes i just slob in casual loose fit femme trousers blouse and flats. then the other half gets on my case and says if i'm going to be joanna do her proud and make the effort. As she feels she can't relate to either person if i am only half of each.

Georgette
08-29-2005, 09:16 AM
Given my 20+ years of military service I could never be a slob even if I tried it wouldn't last more than a day I was trained to be a neatnik and that's the way I still live today. A place for everything and every thing in place. :)

Rachael Warren
08-29-2005, 10:29 AM
OK, I'm trying to clean up my act!

Is this more like it?

http://storage.msn.com/x1pAdjo0uCo2H3ZhB3LZg9pnPJbvfEVVWZxt61lJSqHIFx9dBh CkkkInx4PCh3_nBRBwDFkwuXs6BWE6m9OKc5znpJU9xnIjMhaE Nwep_tYfhJW_sX98PLkutJL3lEYP88lV38U3xAf-cvmcjvPkCCH2A

Katie Ashe
08-29-2005, 10:37 AM
Well, if I can jump in here for a moment. Dawn puts up with me asking, hows my hair, does these shoes match better than thoses, hows the make-up, blouse, or sweater, color stockings... etc. I think she is a great SO that never gets upset with me, just yet at least. Slob, no way. I must look nice even to lounge around the house. :D

balletgirl3200
08-29-2005, 10:57 AM
I know it can be hard for gorls who are not familiar, or comfortable with cd's to open their hearts to a new experience> And I know cd boys can be a little too intense in their focus on dressing, and appearance. But most of the girly guys I've known have be much more gentle, understanding, graceful, and considerate than more macho guys!!

Rachael Warren
08-29-2005, 11:04 AM
I know it can be hard for gorls who are not familiar, or comfortable with cd's to open their hearts to a new experience> And I know cd boys can be a little too intense in their focus on dressing, and appearance. But most of the girly guys I've known have be much more gentle, understanding, graceful, and considerate than more macho guys!!

Thank you Balletgirl, this is so true.

I am certainly not macho, and would hate to me so.

Oh, and welcome to our world.

Love, Rachael. :love:

Rachael Warren
08-29-2005, 11:09 AM
Well, if I can jump in here for a moment. Dawn puts up with me asking, hows my hair, does these shoes match better than thoses, hows the make-up, blouse, or sweater, color stockings... etc. I think she is a great SO that never gets upset with me, just yet at least. Slob, no way. I must look nice even to lounge around the house. :D

Hi again Katie, I am affraid its the same here.

I am asking so many questions about makeup that Freya is beginning to get annoyed. I will concentrate my future questions to those here I think! ;)

Give Dawn a big hug from me, she deserves it!

Love Rachael. :)

Tristen Cox
08-30-2005, 03:58 AM
I'm not sure it's the body any SO I would have would find an issue with. First and foremost I'm a bitch. So if you can live with my attitude we're ok. Only one of those I've found yet, trouble is she's as much of a bitch as I am. Well nobody's perfect:D

carson
08-31-2005, 12:12 AM
I do tend to get caught up in this forum as a CD. I jump back and forth to it all the time while I'm working! At home, I'm actually the neat one. I'm Felix Unger and she is Oscar Madison. She's really a slob and we are definately "The Odd Couple." If I had more time to dress, could at least do it openly in my own home, or if I was really "out," then I would probably be described as a girlie girl. I like to be feminine, look pretty and have my face made up (otherwise, what's the point?) One of the few indications my wife has that Carson is "in the building" is when the shower has been on until all the hot water is gone. I like to shave (face and legs...twice) in a steamy shower and then take time to put on moisturizer when I get out. It drives her crazy that I'm in the bathroom that long! :rolleyes:

michellejean
08-31-2005, 01:05 AM
my SO and i have had a long talk about she and i (michellejean)i dont say any thing about her dressing up or not dressing up .in other words if she wants to slob around the house ok and if not thats ok unless we have somebody comeing over.(and our friends all know to call first)if i want to put on michellejean clothes ok,,,, no matter what it may be.jeans and heels and top or skirt and top and heels or makeup and bra and boy shorts and hose and heels.,,,,,anything i want and she want say a word. and we both have our parts of the house to keep clean.,,,,,she has the washing and drying of clothes and the cooking and i have all of the rest. she can cook better than i and she has a better way of doing the clothes than i do. and i do all of the rest of the things that need to be done around the house(inside) we have a yard man.and now we have no bed room life with each other.thats over.she can have her nude love life and i can have my dressed up sex life.and we stay married. just no sex or love life with each other.michellejean(mrs.highheels) ps.it looks like we are going to get alone just fine and thats one reason i am back here at this forum where i need to be.(with my friends) :) :thumbsup:

Aloha_Dana
08-31-2005, 02:52 AM
michellejean, you may not be looking for sympathy, if not, just skip this reply. I just come from the place where we aught and want to be w/our SO's. Given that, it really hurt to hear that your bedroom life is now not alive. Engaged in SO relationship or not, we do all have a sex drive. Best wishes your's will revive.

I'm kinda in a similar boat. I outed myself to my SO a while back and at first early signs were hopeful, at least as I interpreted them. Zip to-date and we've been having serious bedroom problems, the worst yet. In a nutshell, as I've 'grown' and wanted to 'experiment' w/other tactics of sexuality (yes, if you can think of it, I have too), she has gone recluse and staunchly refused any participation. Well, that may be a bit harsh, she has thrown the cuffs on my a few times, but, since i've come out, nothing to do w/CD'ing, or anything else that she had in the past. Granted, she did refuse to fold my panties at one point, but now she does. I've got bras and panties in my drawer, blouses, skirts (and plenty of them!!!), dresses and wigs in closets.

I can totally see her cinching back into her cave as I go off into the sunset.

Yesterday I told myself that I'd put everything away and not have it in her face. Then she threw away a beautiful lace bra w/hand sewn appliques that didn't fit her any more (a pregnancy thing). I couldn't let it go, so now I have it on and I'm back here.

Best of luck sister. We both need it.

Aloha,
Dana

girltoy
08-31-2005, 05:27 AM
I've noticed that since I started keeping my legs shaved that I'm more inclined to keep my face shaved as well, despite only dressing for my wife. I've also started keeping my hair cut on a regular basis (i used to get it cut only when it became completely unmanageable, and I started using styling gel to do something with it other than let it just fall into a tangled mess.

Rachael Warren
09-02-2005, 11:28 AM
I've noticed that since I started keeping my legs shaved that I'm more inclined to keep my face shaved as well, despite only dressing for my wife. I've also started keeping my hair cut on a regular basis (i used to get it cut only when it became completely unmanageable, and I started using styling gel to do something with it other than let it just fall into a tangled mess.

Hmm, were you describing you or me, could be either :D

I had my hair within an inch of making a bob a couple of months ago, had it cut short after a lot of gentle nagging though ;)

LOL, Rachael.

Kimberly
09-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Complete metrosexual........ if I wasn't a CD. Can I be both at the same time??

I could never really stop shaving, I hate my facial hair - (I'm having to live with leg hair atm too!!)

I need a good shopping trip. If I was in a home environment where I could dress openly, then I'd probably have a load of casual girly tops that I'd put on instead of male t-shirts. Maybe skirts... don't know. heh... ok, I digress! :topic: