PDA

View Full Version : First Time Shopper, First Time Winner!!!

Amber Night
08-10-2010, 03:29 PM
This is one of those times when I wish I had a mountain to scream from the top, but rather make a fool of myself in public I'll just do it online. I went shopping in person for the first time this afternoon and in a Victoria's Secret to boot. For the longest I have dreamed of going shopping but never have for fear of lighting striking me or whatever. But out of the blue I mustered the courage and just did it, and here I am still alive. Shivers racked my body the whole time and I don't think I have ever felt that scarred in my life, but it was also the most fun I have had in I dont know how long. Luckily the sales ladies were super nice and easy. She actually brought me a shopping bag which I quickly filled. They got quite a bit of money out of me, but it feels so worth it being able to actually see what I was buying. I got all kinds of knickers and pajamas. I wasn't brave enough to pick out any regular bras but I did get a few of the bralettes which are super nice and comfy. Im sure a bunch of you are rolling your eyes at me. Yea Im a rookie, but Im so happy right now I dont even care. Im literally still shaking from the experience. I want to go back right now. For those of you out there who havent made that step yet, all I can say is you need to try it. I now know why GG's like to shop so much. Tomorrow I think I might try Macy's. Too be continued...

Tasha McIntyre
08-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Good for you Amber, welcome to the wonderful world of shopping for yourself. It gets better every time, in that you will be able to concentrate on what you are doing, rather than being overcome with nervous excitement.

Wickedly addictive ain't it.

Im sure a bunch of you are rolling your eyes at me.

No :brolleyes: here. Only a big :thumbsup:.

Tash :)

StaceyJane
08-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Yea!!!!

Now is the time you can really explore and try new things and find out what you really like.

SANDRA MICHELLE
08-10-2010, 04:28 PM
I have a love/ hate relationship with shopping, I love to shop and I hate it when I'm done or can't go. I buy all my bras at Victoria Secrets, just love all the styles and help you get from the sales girls.

tricia_uktv
08-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Hi Amber,

I can remember that and it is exciting but now I go shopping dressed and wouldn't do it any other way. Next time I suggest you wait for a shop assistant to help you, tell her that you are transgendered and ask for her advice. You will then feel a little more relaxed and will be looked after by someone who knows.

But then the rest of the shoppers and shop assistants will likely know too.

Life is fun :)

Enjoy it!

Billijo49504
08-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Well isn't that wonderful:battingeyelashes: If I were you,I'd leave Macy's lingerie dept alone. The ones I 've been to weren't very friendly. Better to try Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug, Dress Barn or Avenue. I now have platinum cards at VS, LB and Ave. Yes, I've been hit by the pink fog a few times. But at Macy's, if you go to the Lancome counter, they will give you a foundation match and a 10 day sample. With out having a purchase. Some of the places that I've suggested will give you a discount on your first purchase, when you open a charge account. I think VS has a coupon book to get you back every month or so. Have fun and shop till you drop....BJ

CallMeMeg
08-10-2010, 07:03 PM
No eye rolling here. I've been shopping a few times and still haven't gone into a VS! One ladies' shop I went into (I forget which) a clerk said "what brings you in here today?" and I said "today I look like this!"

If you're in Macy's, get a makeover. It's free, but it's nice to buy something. Pick someone whom you'd like to look like. :)

And, even if you don't feel brave enough to try something on (sometimes I do, sometimes I don't), at least hold a top/dress/skirt up in front of you in front of a mirror to see how it'll fall/look. It's a wonderful feeling to add one more fem experience to your story.

KristinSkye
08-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Im sure a bunch of you are rolling your eyes at me. Yea Im a rookie, but Im so happy right now I dont even care. Im literally still shaking from the experience. I want to go back right now. For those of you out there who havent made that step yet, all I can say is you need to try it. I now know why GG's like to shop so much. Tomorrow I think I might try Macy's

Definitely no rolling my eyes here; on the contrary you've actually helped inspire me to "man up" and go out for the first time. I don't believe you mentioned, were you en femme or in drab? In either case it definitely takes some guts...I'm glad you made it out and had a good time :)

Amber Night
08-10-2010, 09:07 PM
were you en femme or in drab? In either case it definitely takes some guts

Oh was definatley in drab. As tall as I am I dont think I will ever pass; kind of hard to hide size 13 footsies. Im glad I could inspire some good though!

Amber Night
08-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Well isn't that wonderful:battingeyelashes: If I were you,I'd leave Macy's lingerie dept alone. The ones I 've been to weren't very friendly. Better to try Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug, Dress Barn or Avenue. I now have platinum cards at VS, LB and Ave. Yes, I've been hit by the pink fog a few times. But at Macy's, if you go to the Lancome counter, they will give you a foundation match and a 10 day sample. With out having a purchase. Some of the places that I've suggested will give you a discount on your first purchase, when you open a charge account. I think VS has a coupon book to get you back every month or so. Have fun and shop till you drop....BJ

Thank so much for the tips. I don't plan to buy any lingerie at Macy's, so much as I want to at least check out a couple of dresses that I have seen. And the charge account deal sounds like a wonderfull idea, thanks!

cdwithplay36b
08-10-2010, 09:16 PM
I know what you mean. I too was out and shopping today. I have been to small lingerie shops before and even a Dress Barn, but today was at VS and Frederick's!! Both places had SA's that were SO helpful and encouraging to try things on. In fact the VS SA just assumed I was going to try on the bras before i would purchase them. And at Frederick's, the SA wanted to lace up my corset to show me the proper way. I didn't purchase the corset, but only because she said i needed a smaller size, and that I should come back next week. It was amazing to see the effects of a sexy laced-up corset on my figure!!

Lexine
08-10-2010, 10:27 PM
I sometimes shop for myself, but other times I'm with my bestie/stylist. I'm fashion retarded, but I'm slowly getting braver in terms of my clothing choices and, if I do shop without her, I know that I can always MMS her a photo of the outfit I want to try on to get her opinion.

The only downside of this, is the amount of $$$ we have to buy new clothes :(

cdwithplay36b
08-10-2010, 10:32 PM
While I was shopping, I was literally broadcasting my intentions to the SA's with a woman's sport-style shirt and shorts. I also had on a pearl pendant necklace and some light make-up, so they knew it was all about me.

AKAMichelle
08-10-2010, 10:39 PM
I can only assume from the post that you were dressed going into VS. Shopping while dressed is very stressful at first. Then over time you get use to it and it becomes just another day in paradise. :D

Amber Night
08-11-2010, 12:23 AM
I can only assume from the post that you were dressed going into VS. Shopping while dressed is very stressful at first. Then over time you get use to it and it becomes just another day in paradise. :D

Nope. Went totally in guy mode. Im no where near being able to pass.

catriona36
08-12-2010, 08:07 AM
i have been shopping a few times, but for the "gf" (that i dont have) :sad: my ex gf and i are similar size and show them a pic on phone of us when we were together fr added affect and to see what they think of what i am after for "her" :heehee:
still the nerves make it sooooooooo hard to do..

i was shopping in cross roads and as usual. told the usual lie about shopping for the "gf".. the sales chick said oh its a shame you are taken, kinda cute (hey best i can hope for) and you shop for the woman. *smacks head against the wall* doh
i could have picked up some tail :doh:

anyway glad you having fun :)

kimdl93
08-12-2010, 08:19 AM
I started shopping for myself by visiting a lingerie store. I just bought some stay ups and panties. When an SA asked me if I was sure on the size of the stockings (queen), and I said yes, she just gave me a knowing, but warm smile and asked me to wait a minute. In a moment she came back with an opened package of the same size in black garter stockings. They'd been returned and she said I could have them for free since they couldn't resell opened items and they were in my size. I appreciated her consideration so much that I shopped there regularly from then on!

tricia_uktv
08-24-2010, 02:21 PM
Ha-ha, just been out to buy some girls trousers for work because my guy ones were ruined by the English rain. I was dressed as bloke (for now).

The guy behind the counter said "I bet they'll never fit you".

I said, "I bet they will".

And they do - and he shall see tomorrow.

Life is such fun :)

Tracy X Cruz
08-24-2010, 02:40 PM
Oh was definatley in drab. As tall as I am I dont think I will ever pass; kind of hard to hide size 13 footsies. Im glad I could inspire some good though!

I know how you feel, I am 5' 11" and I wear mens 12 womens 14-15 shoes depending on style. I definitely don't pass, but I still go out in my high heel boots even when the rest of my clothes are drab. It's a stepping stone for me and I get a lot of good comments. I have not gone lingerie shopping dressed yet though I think in that respect you are way braver and ahead in the game then me. I do a lot of shopping at goodwill with my heels, grocery shopping, that sort of thing. And I did manage to go grocery shopping the other day in a skirt, blouse, and heels... and even though I don't think I pass, I got no comments at all :)

Anyway... the point is... congrats! and I bet you it will only get easier and more fun!

Amber Night
08-24-2010, 06:15 PM
I know how you feel, I am 5' 11" and I wear mens 12 womens 14-15 shoes depending on style. I definitely don't pass, but I still go out...

Bless your soul for being so brave. I'm not sure I will ever go out in the day light, at least not for a while. Damned my OCD!!!

...I have not gone lingerie shopping dressed yet though I think in that respect you are way braver and ahead in the game then me...

Actually, I have a theory. VS is actually EASIER to shop in as a guy in guy mode than most other places. There is no question what you are in there for as there is only one gender to shop for so the only question remaining is who your shopping for. I'm positive I looked like I was buying for the SO/GF. I have tried to go shopping in a few other places (Macy's, AE, Khols, GAP, etc). In none of these places did I feel as comfortable as I did in Vickies. I'm sure I was overly paranoid, but I got a lot more weird/dirty/questioning looks in any other store, and about ten times better service in Vickies. My experience was so much more fun that I have actually been back to two different Vickies FOUR times now since starting this thread, and each time was a blasty. At least one trip Im certain the SA figured out I was buying for me and became even more helpfull, and not in that pushy sort of way but rather just showed me around and helped me pick things out. And I don't even by ANY of the fancy lingerie. I spend most of my time picking out the right kind of bottoms, and then I go pick out some of the PINK lounge wear...so anyway, I highly recommend going to Vickies and NOT shopping for the skimpy lingerie, but rather some of the basics that you can wear everyday. Im not saying that you will have as much luck as I have, but you gotta try it!!!

Jodygurl
08-24-2010, 07:23 PM
Thank you, Amber. And thank all of you for your encouragement.

I've shopped for shoes and have had similar positive experiences.

I've also shopped at Vickies, but on line. I bought a satin short robe as a "gift" there a few years ago and had the distinct impression the SA had my number (could me be because I kept holding it up in the mirror to see how it looked). I'm not wild about their "sexy" underwear but love their Body By things. I'm hoping to go in in person soon.

In the meantime I'm planning a "shoping trip" for casual dress and tops so that at some point I can actually go out dressed. Everyone in the group has been so positive about it that it seems like it's gonna be one of those life changing experiences.

Thanks again to all of you.

Kayleigh-Marie
08-24-2010, 07:42 PM
I am sure all of us at some point were "nervous" about shopping for female clothing. I know I was.

I picked up the courage to shop in the city 7mile from me, as I knew I wouldn't see anyone I know. Then eventually I have shopped in the stores in my town. Although I have to admit I still get the jitters from time to time.

eBay is mostly definately my friend. The waiting game for the postman to arrive with your new items is also part of the fun.

But I have shopped in many stores now and starting to get used to it more and more. :)

NY Julie
09-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Tasha love the skirt where do you shop!!

Persephone
09-07-2010, 06:59 PM
Delightful! Way to go, Amber! I remember those feelings and you brought them back!

Congratulations, girl! Welcome to the pink fog! Just remember, once you come through that door the opportunities to spend only go UP, not down!!!

Hugs,
Persephone.