PDA

View Full Version : I'm lost, How do i get started??

CDAllie
08-10-2010, 03:43 PM
I have been an off and on crossdresser for maybe 4 years now, i have unfortunatly never worn a make-up or wig. At the moment i have no clothes of my own to wear having thrown them all out in a "purge" or at least i think thats what you ladies call it.

I enjoy crossdressing very much but i think it's important i keep it a secret, i dont know if people would be so understanding, especially friends. The hardest to keep the secret from would have to be my family, i guess what i am trying to say is a love crossdressng but dont want my life how it is right now to change. Is this possible? I would love and very much appreciate any advice or tips on how to amke this all easier :P

Lexi X
08-10-2010, 03:46 PM
What is your living situation? Do you live alone? Married? Ebay is a good place to find inexpensive clothes and makeup. Maybe even a wig but I never looked in to it. Things don't have to change any faster or slower than you want. Get creative, you may be suprised at what you find.

tricia_uktv
08-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Hi Allie, you need to be determined and dedicated if you wish to go further. You also need the inner strenth of a lion(ess).

Charity shops for clothes but you need a decent wig so save up. It is the most important thing. Then I'd explore your feminine side away from your home town, family and friends. If there's a town an hour or so away where you can book into hotels and dress, maybe hit a gay bar, then that's what I would do,

Good luck. Its not easy but I promise its so rewarding,

Hugs,

sandra-leigh
08-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Allie, I note from your intro thread that you are 18. Would we be correct in suspecting that you are living at home and unmarried, and thus part of the question is how do you hide this while you live at home? Is there any serious SO in the picture whom you feel you would really like to come out to if you feel you would be accepted? Is there anyone in your family whom you really think would accept you, or is there anyone whom you think would be very upset, or are you just worried because you just don't know for sure and are afraid of rejection?

I did not happen to notice any information about where you live. Do you live within a reasonable distance of a mid-sized city that isn't in a "Bible Belt"? If so then possibly you could locate storage lockers and change facilities.

Lexine
08-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Wow, 4 years on and off and you've already gone through purges! And if Sandra's right and you're 18, I do have to ask how you've kept it from your family and friends.

Living at home, cross-dressing and not wanting to change a lot of things seem rather difficult especially since you're living under someone else's roof and you have to play by their rules, whatever they may be. Not to scare you, but consider the possibility that your parents decide to clean your room maybe because they want to repaint it or do something to it and they find your clothes, would you be ready to be confronted with this situation?

I guess what I'm trying to say is... consider why you purged and stopped to begin with, then revisit the question again. You have to figure out why you keep purging, stopping, then wanting to restart again. Maybe you'll realize that you do want to be recognized as a CDer after all and it's something that you're proud of that you want to share with your family and friends?

I know that last statement might be a long shot, but your CDing seems cyclical in nature and purging isn't cheap. You need to get to the root of the matter before making any additional moves in the future. Good luck, sweetie!

sandra-leigh
08-10-2010, 04:18 PM
Wow, 4 years on and off and you've already gone through purges!

By 18, I'd thrown away my scavanged pantyhose several times. "This is dirty" (i.e., naughty, erotic, taboo), or fear of having my hiding place discovered, or simply because the runs had become too big.

Purged several times before 18... I'd consider that pretty typical.

SANDRA MICHELLE
08-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Oh to be 18 again and have the support and understanding that comes with this web community. I do not know how your feelings are toward being a CD, mine back then were pretty strong and I secretly did it a whole lot. I lived a lie for many years and finally told my wife 6 years ago, after 19 years of marriage. We are still happily married and she works with my desire to crossdress but it would have been much better had I told her up front. Had I to do this life all over I would have to say that I would have come out to all and lived with the choice. It was harder back then, at least that's my excuse. Keep it a secret if that works for you, but if you get into a relationship that becomes serious I would say honesty is the only way to go.