PDA

View Full Version : Name help

iloveps
08-10-2010, 08:24 PM
so i am in need of my first femme name:o I want something fairly normal, not too out there or overtly sexy. Please I NEED GOOD SUGGESTIONS.

here are some of my ideas

Melissa
Samantha (or sam for short)
Andrea (andi for short)
Chloe
Alyssa
Julie

i have also strangely enough, being the rebel that i am, considered sticking with my male name (Kyle), it technically is a scottish gaelic last name and has been used for women's first name. But please no one suggest Kylie or Kyla because i have never liked either of these names.

StaceyJane
08-10-2010, 08:31 PM
It's your name so you have to go with your heart.
Kyle can work as a female name but if you are planning on crossdressing regularly but not go fulltime it might help to have different male and female names just to help keep things straight.

Mikaela
08-10-2010, 08:37 PM
I won't give you a name list, but here are some thoughts.

OK, I think some people just pick random names, which is fine. I guess if you are reinventing yourself as a girl, you can pick your own name. Plenty of baby lists online. You can also try to pick a name that has a specific meaning.

Seems like you considered the female derivations of your male name, either that or you were called Kylie by people giving you crap. There could also be others like Kayla or you can look up the actual gaelic correspondences, if your name was chosen for that reason. Maybe a female equivalent to your middle name.

You might have heard the names your parents were considering. They never told me mine, but I know what my little sister's boy name would have been.

Were you named for someone in your family, like a grandfather? If so, maybe you would have names reflective of your grandmother(s).

You can also look at records online of baby name popularity for the year you were born.

Hope that gives you food for thought.

BLUE ORCHID
08-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Hi Kyle

I went the othe way.

I tried to come up with a name that didn't
have any referece to anybody and then it happened

My favorite color is ---------Blue
My favorite flower is an ----Orchid

and thats how (BLUE ORCHID) was born.

Orchid

CATgirldo
08-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Hi Iloveps,
Two common names you left out:
Mary
Anne

I think you should keep these in mind.

For myself, I loved the name Sherri....
I had an insurance agent named Belmar
( I felt she owed me something...)
On a whim I chose a middle name.... Olivia.

So after a lot of thought I became
Sherri Olivia Belmar....
I initial all my notes S.O.B.

....Fits my personality...

CAT

BobbiU
08-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Hi Kyle:
I don't think anyone can really help you choose a name. It would be best if you choose a name you like, or of a friend you admire for example, or come up with something totally original. It has to be a name that means something to you, or is comfortable to us. We don't have to like it, for it to be the right name for you. Personally, I always love when I meet people that have unique name, or, unique spellings of common names. I remember recently, I notice a name of a sales associate, I think it was like "Sharon", but spelled differently, and I told her how I loved it, it was so different. She then went on to tell me how much she LOVED her name because she's only saw 1 other person with the same spelling.

Good Luck

Marcia Blue
08-10-2010, 09:42 PM
I took a quick look at your profile. I noticed that under your profile you liked to play music, film, and to sleep................ Stay with me here.

Film............Sleeper...........Starring Diane Keaton..............Female vocalist..................Diana Ross

Diana or Diane with Di for short.

Just my :2c:

BiancaEstrella
08-10-2010, 09:45 PM
That's actually very creative, Marcia. I second your idea, should it come to that :)

Cherie
08-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Hi iloveps i got my name originally from a girl i new years ago that really suited her name another choice was chantelle or chloe your name should be who you feel like :battingeyelashes:

iloveps
08-10-2010, 10:03 PM
HAHA! :laughing:

@marcia

you have no idea how much i love woody allen so the sleeper reference definitely is appropriate. I will definitely take diane (Di) into major consideration!

Lexine
08-10-2010, 10:12 PM
How about Marie? Or Kylee? I dunno where Marie came from, but Kylee is 1 letter away from Kyle? :)

Gaby2
08-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Diane is looking a winner and a very fine one too, iloveps.
Beth has always sounded nice to my ear, maybe also because my first SO's name was Elizabeth... and yours?
Melissa is my favourite herbal tea so that stands out for me in your list.
I myself chose my name a long time ago. It sort of just happened. I had gotten to know lots of German students back at home... the name was popular and just sounded exotic to my ear (gaah-bee).
Good luck!
gaby:^5:

iloveps
08-11-2010, 02:05 AM
Unfortunately i dont have an SO right now :sad:

but if anyone out there knows anyone...... lolz :battingeyelashes:

Out of my original list Melissa is my favorite. I do like Elizabeth though, reminds me of one of my favorite songs.

jazmine
08-11-2010, 02:18 AM
Normal: Lisa or Dina

Slightly uncommon: Sloan, Mika or Nova

i was probably no help. I just really dig those names.

Chloe Renee
08-11-2010, 08:28 AM
When my wife chose my name she spent a solid week studying mythologies. At the end she had a list of finalists. I almost was named Phobbe, which had a nice meaning but all I could think of was " smelly cat" from friends.

But back to your list, I'm partial to Chloe. But I am a little biased.

juno
08-11-2010, 08:59 AM
Don't spend too much time worrying about the perfect name. You can always change it if you need more time to find a name that you really like.

Before I joined this group, I never even thought of having a female name, because I am just dressing feminine and not actually trying to be a woman. So, I spent about 2 minutes picking a female name for this group.

My real first name is Joseph, so I tried Josephine, which I had used for fun sometimes. It was already taken, and sounds a bit too formal.

Next, I considered just using "Jo", but I wanted it to sound female, not androgynous.

So, I looked did a web search for "girl names", checked names starting with J to match my real name, and saw Juno. That seemed like an obvious choice because I was born in Juneau, Alaska.

Later, I found that Juno is the goddess of heaven. Also, the term "Junoesque" is supposed to mean a tall, larger sized woman, which is definitely me when dressed as a woman.

Juno was just a quick pick, but now I really like it.

Juno

Samantha Girl
08-11-2010, 09:23 AM
As others have said no one can really pick your name for you. None of us got to pick our male name (I assume) so have fun picking a female name for yourself you know? :) I would only suggest finding a name that has some personal meaning for you.

Friends that know I'm a CD always suggest Stephanie because my name is Steven. A. I dislike that name. B. that's just too easy, no offense to any Paul/Paula's and the like out there :) Keeping the S, absolutely :D

From the beginning of full on CDing I always took pictures. Then one day I set up my digital camera with my TV & VCR for some home movies fun. This was still somewhat in my early stages of CDing, I had no name for my feminine persona. Then I had to label this videotape I made and I sat there for a moment like "what the hell do I call this?" :p I don't know why but the name Samantha jumped to mind after a moment. Never considered any other name ;)

BTW recently I was watching Sixteen Candles, one of my favorite movies, child of the 80's, and it hit me! Molly Ringwald's character's named Samantha. I honestly think that's where my name came from :D

AmiFL
08-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Sorry about that, I didn't read it all the way through..... Your name will come to you like an epifany..... mine did

Teri Jean
08-11-2010, 12:29 PM
My given name is Terry Gene and my chosen name is Teri Jean. I gave a lot of other ideas a try such as my given first name in Hawiian is Kelli and that was one I used for a couple years. It was to close to my daughter's so I dropped it.

Picking out a name can be a daunting task or one of fun and adventure. How ever you decide make is fun for you and don't worry about the rest. Hugs Teri

NicoleScott
08-11-2010, 12:43 PM
When I bought my house I had already looked at many others, and none of them were right for me. As soon as I walked into this one, I knew it was the one.
I think the same thing will happen with finding your name. You'll walk into my house......no no just kidding.......you'll see and hear many names that won't fit, and when you see or hear the right one, you'll know it.

MargaretJ
08-11-2010, 03:05 PM
If you want to go for the Scottish angle, how about Heather?

Tomara
08-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Hi Kyle
Maybe looking through here will help you.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85623

Good Luck
Tomara

catriona36
08-11-2010, 04:55 PM
just go with things and or heritage ..

I think i put this in a name thread a while back.
But, for me...
We have Scottish roots and the name Catriona was also in a book i liked so that’s where Catriona came from.

Anastasia is from the Russian blood that we have..
And my last name is now Stabi.
Stabi is... well it the name of a boat manufacturer Stabi craft
And I realllllllllllllllllly want one *blushes*

so you can mix things up a bit. use you background and things you like. My first name was christine as my first name is chris, however it didnt sit well with me cos my ex gf's mum is a christine and a lovely woman and it just didnt feel right
:2c::love::drink:

tricia_uktv
08-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Hi hon,

Who gives you our name?

Your parents of course.

So think around that.

I am Tricia because my fatherwas called Patrick so I've messed around with it a bit.

And Dale because my Mother was a singer with a stage name of Margaret Dale.

So have a play and have fun. When you get it right you won't ever want to change it.

Promise,

Hugs