PDA

View Full Version : Yep, we crossdressers are a determined bunch...

Leslie Langford
08-10-2010, 11:02 PM
I was shopping at a local Value Village store earlier this evening (in drab), and while heading towards the rack of women's shoes, I saw that an elderly gentleman there who had already beaten me to it.

He was carefully examining a number of the more fashionable shoes on display, and I noticed that he had already placed several others in his shopping cart, most of which appeared to have 2" heels or higher. Along with those were a number of other items of female clothing, and most had labels on them marked Size 13-14 or Size 15-16 - in other words, our typical demographic when it comes to women's sizes.

"Aha!" I thought - "clearly one of us". But what was remarkable about all of this was that he looked to be in his mid-70's, was slightly stooped over, and was walking with a cane.

Yep, we're a determined bunch alright, and many of us- like him - will also be hanging onto our one true passion with steely resolve, right up until they either put us on life support or plant us in the ground - whichever comes first :eek::heehee::doh::D!

Stephanie Miller
08-10-2010, 11:41 PM
I thought that was you! And to think... you almost saw threw my disguise :heehee:

Phyliss
08-11-2010, 03:21 AM
I was shopping at a local Value Village store earlier this evening (in drab), and while heading towards the rack of women's shoes, I saw that an elderly gentleman there who had already beaten me to it.
Yep, we're a determined bunch alright, and many of us- like him - will also be hanging onto our one true passion with steely resolve, right up until they either put us on life support or plant us in the ground - whichever comes first :eek::heehee::doh::D!

Interesting observation, I was wondering the other day, having noted a senior center bus, just how much fun it'll be, when I check into the local "geezer wharehouse" in about 30 years.

PretzelGirl
08-11-2010, 07:44 PM
If he was taking all of a certain size and heel height, are you sure he wasn't reselling?

t-girlxsophie
08-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Good on the Auld Fella.I hope to still be dressing in my old age with the same gusto,Indeed I intend to grow old (dis)gracefully,But strictly no elasticated waist's for me :heehee:

:hugs:Sophie xx

AKAMichelle
08-11-2010, 08:28 PM
I hope to be him with one difference. I intend on being dressed still shopping for clothes. Why would I ever want to stop?

sissystephanie
08-11-2010, 09:30 PM
I am 78, and have been a CD since age 6! What little hair I have left on the sides of my head is cut 1/8th inch long and is gray! But I don't walk bent over or use a cane. However, I do the same as other ladies and shop! A lot!! But I live in Georgia, so it wasn't me!!