PDA

View Full Version : Do you think you are feminine?

Kate Simmons
08-11-2010, 07:44 AM
This question is mostly for those M T F CDers that go out on a regular basis. Do you think or feel you are feminine when you go out all dressed up? What makes you feel that way? It it the presentation itself or the interaction with others? For myself, I always felt that the presentation was adequate but the interaction with others was where it was at. Not so much that I felt I was necessarily "passing" but more of being myself, feeling free, relating to others and having fun. The feminine touches were just icing on the cake. What about you?:)

Gerrijerry
08-11-2010, 07:54 AM
I found that after years of trying to pass as a woman. Now when I need to pass as a male most still call me miss. It is not the clothes that makes the woman but how the woman treats others. I never truly felt I passed as a woman. Then one day I walked into a salon. From there I learned that somethings scream female. Once done you will never go back.

CallMeMeg
08-11-2010, 08:02 AM
I wish. I have to pay attention to every move I make so I don't let my attitude clash with my appearance.

OTOH, it's nice to keep reminding myself that I'm all dressed up. :)

suchacutie
08-11-2010, 08:27 AM
The issue is "feeling" feminine. Exactly right! When I first put on women's clothes 5 years ago and my wife and I discussed our fledgeling beginnings, the issue was not to "feel like a woman", but to teach Tina what it was like to be feminine, and to let her natural femininity come to the surface.

I'm not there yet. There are voice and wording issues, psychological issues, and instincts that are still masculine (it's almost embarassing when these creep in some times...boo!), but I'm to the point where I can tell the difference!

So, you've hit the nail on the head: the goal is to feel and act, instinctively, feminine. I'm getting there, but as my byline says, I'm only yet "making good progress"!

:)

tina

Sara Jessica
08-11-2010, 08:49 AM
...I know I am. All of us approach this from a slightly different angle but speaking for myself, femininity comes from my heart, my inner being. The outer presentation is simply expression but regardless of how I look, the femininity, the feelings, the emotions, are all ever-present.

Emily Ann Brown
08-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Without interact with others..what not just stay home????

Em

Loni
08-11-2010, 09:40 AM
not really...but i do catch myself when in drab. and so far none have said anything to me. :eek:

Kimberly Long
08-11-2010, 09:47 AM
I have been dressing almost all my life. I study women for ever detail and practice it over and over. For years I did not go out, I was restricted to the house. Several years ago I found this web site and said what the heck. I have been in training for so many years it is time to go out. The first time was a nerve racking. But ever time I built up my confidence. Yes I feel and act as a woman, if I did not I would be made every time.
I think that my age has a lots to do with it. I am now 70 and I am enjoying everyday. I dress for my age and I have found that I pass very well.
:love:Love, Kimberly

bianca66
08-11-2010, 10:41 AM
I have notice a few things that come out more when fem as my hand/arm movements are slightly different/slower/relaxed...Of course my leg movements and body posture are different as Bianca and I don't tend to clunk around as much or slouch forward as i normally do in boy mode...

When I was at Pride I said to one of the girls that "I still dance like a boy". One of the older gals we were with mentioned that GG's tend to dance with there arms over their heads more (getting into the music) which she noticed I was doing but just not as much as the other gals.

So I guess that is the inner girl comming out...

kimdl93
08-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Like lots of the girls here, I feel I move and behave in a more feminine manner when I'm dressed, but I also try to let that feeling carry over to my life in general...and I know I have some innate mannerisms that have been characterized by others as "femmy".

docrobbysherry
08-11-2010, 11:06 AM
I've been asked to do videos of Sherry for some time. While looking at one last nite, I couldn't help but notice how the still frames I took from it looked VERY fem.:)

However, nearly all of my movements in it said, "Man in a dress"!:sad:

MargaretJ
08-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Without interact with others..what not just stay home????
Em

Because staying at home doesn't do it for some CDers, and we have to get out and get acustomed to being outside.

KarenEdwards
08-11-2010, 03:28 PM
I honestly don't know what it "feels like" to be feminine. I reached the point years ago of being comfortable with myself regardless of the clothes I'm wearing at the moment. I do enjoy going out as Karen, though, and I try to mimic the deportment of a woman (as I perceive it) when I do. But I still don't know what being truly feminine would feel like.

sissystephanie
08-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Not anymore! Since I go out as a man dressed enfemme, I may look somewhat feminine! But there is no doubt that I am a man. I don't do much of anything very feminine now. When my wife was alive to do my makeup and wig, I was Stephanie. Now I am jus a guy in a skirt!! But I am happy with that!!

Kathryn Martin
08-11-2010, 04:18 PM
I have always been more feminine than other men. Not only in my interests (fashion, cooking, sewing, housework, music, literature, poetry etc.) but in my speech patterns, that is sentence construction and word choice and diction. Often people around me find me to be somewhat submissive in my approach. That does not mean I am not assertive and very aggressive when the situation calls for it.

Being dressed feels very natural to me and does enhance my femininity in my behavior but strangely enough not around my spouse.

I will go out dressed on August 27th for the first time and am completely thrilled about that. I am going to a meet for the first time.

carhill2mn
08-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Yes, I feel "feminine", whatever that might mean. I interact as and am treated as a lady.

Kathi Lake
08-11-2010, 06:23 PM
...I know I am. All of us approach this from a slightly different angle but speaking for myself, femininity comes from my heart, my inner being. The outer presentation is simply expression but regardless of how I look, the femininity, the feelings, the emotions, are all ever-present.:iagree:

Kathi

charlie
08-11-2010, 07:06 PM
Hello Denise!
The presentation makes me fall into the feminine part that I keep bottled up when not CD. I can be as open and free as I want when presenting as a woman. I have no reason to not touch someone, wave my hands, cross my knees tightly or raise my arm above my head when dancing. Being feminine is a freedom for me....and I try to only let it free when fully dressed for the part.

t-girlxsophie
08-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Any time I'm dressed,whether at home our outside I Feel I show Feminine mannerisms and expressions I've practised enough.I make sure to walk correctly etc,but when in drab I don't think I show any trace of femininity but maybe I just dont notice,I should ask my wife or my friends that question

:hugs:Sophie xx

Suzi Q
08-11-2010, 10:43 PM
When I am fully dressed I feel and act more feminine because I'm comfortable with myself. People respond to me as a female (whether I look female or not), probably because I am projecting that confidence rather than trying to be something I'm not.

Suzi Q

victoriamwilliams1
08-11-2010, 10:45 PM
For me after about 3 hours and 70 photos I feel pretty much feminine and what also helps me is when the public accepts me. Lately I can now feel fem in pants, bare leg or dressed to the 9's. I think it is a state of mind that we bring ourselves into and for me it took a few years to get there and a few more to be able to easily change my perspectives.