PDA

View Full Version : Interesting shopping fact

Emma England
08-11-2010, 08:09 AM
I heard on my local radio station in Devon, that on average, a woman tries on 21,000 items of clothing and buys half of them.

CallMeMeg
08-11-2010, 08:28 AM
If it's per day, or per shopping trip, that sounds like me. :)

I think I'm typical of the audience here ~ I buy a lot more stuff than I try on.

julie w
08-11-2010, 09:34 AM
a women can shop all day and not buy anything ,some treat shopping as
a hobby ,

Evangeline
08-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Thats one thing we have to learn, spend all day trying on things then end up buying the first thing we saw at the first shop which is now half a mile up the road and ten minutes to closing.

kimdl93
08-11-2010, 06:15 PM
I don't know who actually calculates this particular number. I would say that the ratio of trying on to actually purchasing is more like 10:1.

sissystephanie
08-11-2010, 09:57 PM
I don't try on very many things, but I sure do buy a lot. If those figures are based on a lifetime, I just might make it! I certainly have a lot of feminine clothes now!!

sandra-leigh
08-11-2010, 10:06 PM
I don't know who actually calculates this particular number. I would say that the ratio of trying on to actually purchasing is more like 10:1.

That's closer to the figures I've heard from managers and owners. Another thing I've heard from managers and owners is that cross-dressers have a significantly higher buying rate: browsing and trying things on can be just a form of entertainment for a lot of women, and they apparently tend to look for reasons not to buy, but cross-dressers apparently tend instead to look for reasons why they should buy. Or so it has been related to me.

jessica renee
08-11-2010, 10:11 PM
I guess I've got a lot of catching up to do as I have never had the courage yet to try anything feminine on in public.:sad:

carrie-ann
08-11-2010, 10:20 PM
I don't do alot of just browsing just to browse. When i go shopping I buy. Like today I bought 5 skirts and got my nails done. I guess if I just browse more I wouldn't spend as much money. Good luck on that. I always find some thing to buy lol.