PDA

View Full Version : When was your first time with makeup

MarinaTwelve200
08-29-2005, 10:34 AM
I was wondering when was the first time you ever remember putting on ---or had any kind of makeup PUT on you?

I was 12 but had developed a kind of "fear"/facisination with LIPSTICK by the time I was 8 years old--- I finally (age twelve) got tired of being freaked out about it, and one day when home alone, in an act of bravery, I actually took my mother's dark red lipstick and put it on myself.

First a light "brushing" of it against my lips---it left some color--and I was still ALIVE, so I got braver and slathered it on.---It excited me quite a bit----For a while, An ocasional lipsticking was all the CD I ever did---I never even thought about or considered clothing, etc.---Drat! my mother's high heels would have fit me THEN too.---The lipsticking evolved into clothing and other makeup (actual CD), by the time I was 14----I was hooked since then.

Imogen_Mann
08-29-2005, 11:08 AM
Lippy when I was Nine, maybe ten ? I dont remember exactly, but it was about then that my sister got into senior school, and makeup... So it's gonna be about then that I would have started it too. My mum never wears / wore makeup so That would have been my first oppertunity.
I know I was dressing regularly at the time in her school uniform, so I have little doubt thats when it would have been.

XX

Jayme.

Rachael Warren
08-29-2005, 11:30 AM
I seem to recall having stage makup on for school plays etc. before I was 11 years old.

Stage makup again throughout high school acting career.

Infrequently I had it put on me for fancy dress partys etc. That included lipstick.

Now I am trying to learn how to use the stuff for myself, never really bothered over the years, I had a slightly feminine face anyway. Age is creeping up on me now though (38)!

Hugs, Rachael. :)

Billijo49504
08-29-2005, 11:38 AM
This morning, a little while ago. Oh, a long time ago, probably in the 60's. This morning, in guy mode, mascara and a neutral lipstick. :)

Mary M
08-29-2005, 11:42 AM
i know i tried lipstick when i was a little kid, don't remember exactly when. never did the whole rigamarole till about ten years ago. it felt great to put it all on.

ooxx

ChristineRenee
08-29-2005, 11:56 AM
Actually Marina it's hard for me to say really. I believe it was probably sometime in my early 30's though...a good 20 + years and some ago. I just remember that when I did it, it was full makeup, wig, dress, the whole shebang! (uh...pun somewhat intended there!):D

It was when I really became aware of who I truly was inside...and maybe just who I should have been all along. I remember that I just stared at myself in the mirror for what seemed like ages at the time. It just looked right...and it felt right! Probably the night that Christine Renee...(and Renee does mean to be "reborn" after all)...and now Chrissie...was truly born!:love:

Sigrid
08-29-2005, 12:43 PM
I was probably 4 years old when I first put on lipstick. It's my first "CD" memory. I was in my mothers bedroom putting it on and she walked in. She thought it was cute and wanted me to go show my father. The thought of that nearly brought me to tears

heathr1
08-29-2005, 12:43 PM
Mother's lipstick at age 13.

It was cheap, had a horrid smell, didn't taste nice and stained my lips.

Served me right for using it, but a few days later wore her expensive lipstick!

Laurie Ann
08-29-2005, 07:01 PM
In high school I would use my mothers and sisters makeup when no one was home.

Kimberly
08-29-2005, 07:20 PM
Hehe..... I actually got make-up on me, the first time, not out of my own choice!

It was only a year ago, so I was 17, and a few friends and I were on holiday up in York... on our own. Well, we were in my auntie's annex, but I digress. The girls (the both of them) were daring me and my other friend, male, to get a makeover done - all in the privacy of this annex. My friend actually wanted to do it, and agreed before I did. To him, it was just harmless fun - to me, however, I knew it would mean something completely different. I'd love it, and I know I would, but I'd have to show them I didn't enjoy it... in other words, lie.

So I had another drink, and said yes... and so it began. They drowned us in thick make-up - drag queen style. All a bit of a joke really, and so that's how I set it in my mind: a joke. I laughed along, commented on how big my lips felt with the gloss on (such good stuff!!), and all was well. Then we actually dressed up in each others' clothes. Funny - because neither of the girls had anything I liked, so I just had a serong and one of my white t shirts. A bit sh*t of me, really, seeing as I had dressed up before... but never fully.

The only other time I've had true make-up on, and wanted to do it, was a couple of months ago, around a friend's house. I'd recently come out to her about my CDing, and she made me up. It was fantastic, and she kept telling me how much it actually suited me. That was until the lipstick came on. I never really got lipstick - it's a bit too much for me. Lip gloss, yeh... but not lipstick. But that's just personal preference. :)

hugs xx

Joanie
08-29-2005, 07:32 PM
Lipstick eearing in younger years seems to have been fairly common among us...that was my first CD experience, those pretty gold tubes in a lipstick holder by the sink in the bathroom, my mother's since I never had any sisters. Would wear it when she went out. I suppose I was about age 10. I wonder if she ever guessed I was using, kids are so sloppy seems like I would have left telltales signs somewhere. Will never know now though as she has, sadly, passed on.

roberta55
08-30-2005, 08:42 AM
well, i remember a long time ago i was with some girls and guys and the girls decided to dress and make up a few of the boys, i refused, the other guy let them make him up, i thought he looked beautiful. i felt so bad that i refused and i still do who knows maybe that would :confused: have changed my whole life. i do know that now i love to dress and put on makeup and be a girl

Tristen Cox
08-30-2005, 10:42 AM
Last year. It was like falling in love all over again :o

Joanne08
08-30-2005, 01:54 PM
When I was 12 I shared a bathroom with my parents. It was a long double sink counter with my mother's make-up displayed in the center. I used to go in to take a shower and spend gobs of time trying on all her make-up. It started with lipstick at first the I gradually added foundation and eye make up. I used to love to use the eyelash curler, still do. I'd then get in the shower and wash it all off. No one ever caught me.

Love, Jo

HaleyPink2000
08-31-2005, 02:04 AM
Well I was like 5 or 6 and found my Mothers Lipstick.

Haley:)

Deborah
08-31-2005, 02:08 AM
My ex-wife bought make up once and i experimented with it. Once she found out she threw it away. She never liked or does wear it anyway and still doesn't.

I have yet to buy some for myself. I may try one of the make up kits from a TG site that matches my complextion and everything. I have no idea what type to buy other then that.

HaleyPink2000
08-31-2005, 11:11 PM
I buy for myself and it is on myside of the sink and In my purse. I don't use her makeup and I don't want her using mine, unless She does ask.

Oh! and By the way Amy check this link out Hun!

Neet purse thingy I have on order for my make up thingys.

https://www.asseenontvnetwork.com/vcc/ideavillage/pursebriteorganizer/134597/

Joanne_'jojo'
09-01-2005, 12:26 AM
I think I was probably 11 when I first tried lipstick, it was a real red red, reminded me of the 1940's, felt very glamourous.
After that I got the hang of eyeliner pretty quickly although took some time to master mascara, now I could probably do it with my eyes closed :)

Lana
09-01-2005, 01:02 AM
Methinks the first time I wore any makeup was in my mid 30's and as you can see by my avitar I just ain't got it right, like ever!!!! :(

Brenda Carea'
01-06-2011, 02:59 PM
I first tried lipstick at a very young age like 10 or 11. I didn't get into everything else until I was a teen.

renee k
01-06-2011, 03:21 PM
The first time for me was when I was 5 or 6. When my mother dressed me as a girl for halloween. I remember the bright red lipstick, something I would never wear now. LOL!!!!

Renee

Suzette Muguet de Mai
01-06-2011, 03:31 PM
I was fascinated with make-up at about 8yrs. I would sit and watch my mother or grandmother put their make-up on and ask lots of questions. I remember a little brush they would moisten with their mouth and rub it along a small tray of dark brown or black waxy material and then apply it to their brows and eyelashes. I also remember the powder puffs and I hated that because I could never breathe properly when they applied the face powder. When the room was vacant, I would sneak in and practice applying the make-up. Once I dressed up with make-up on and walked out the back door proud of my effort only to be laughed at by my grandmother and neighbour. I must have only been 8 or 9 yrs old. Gosh brings back memories now.

Tammynnj
01-06-2011, 03:32 PM
This summer. A really really late start. Going to have a makeover next week. Can't wait!

Jonelle
01-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Halloween, 5th grade, my mother and sister had a blast making me over, little did they know how much fun i was having!!

Juliemckay
01-06-2011, 04:15 PM
80's hair metal band

Jamiegirl1
01-06-2011, 04:40 PM
I only wear lipstick/lipgloss.was supposed to have a cd acquaintance show me what to use and how to apply it.she flaked on me. still dying to do the makeup thing,maybe one of these days I will go and get a makeover.......Jamie

DebsUK
01-06-2011, 04:44 PM
I must have been 12 or 13, and my Mam had been an agent for Avon so had a few tiny little makeup samples. I acquired a lippy and tried it on. I loved the look and the taste of it. I tried eyeshadow a little while later, and even tried messing about with some coloured pencils that were water soluble (that was fun)

StaceyJane
01-06-2011, 04:44 PM
I tried my mom's lipstick and nail polish when i was a teenager.

JohnH
01-06-2011, 05:06 PM
I started recently to wear lipstick with men's formal clothing when I don't wear a tie. It is a color not much different from my lips.

I also bought one of those cheap makeup sampler gift kits from Walmart and have tried the mascara, eye shadow, and eyebrow pencil when I wear a dress with hose and heels. My wife is now bumming off of that kit as well as bumming off of my nail polish. Mind you my wife NEVER wears a dress, let alone a dress with hose and heels.

I don't have distinct "en homme" or "en femme" modes - for me it is a continuum.

Johanna

NicoleScott
01-06-2011, 06:10 PM
I started putting on lipstick in the privacy of the bathroom at around 8, maybe 10. Since the beginning to this day, I have always loved deep dark red lipstick applied heavily. It was always especially pleasurable to apply lipstick while wearing high heels, and I was fortunate to be the same size as my older sister through several teen years, and also fortunate that she wore really high heels. Other makeup items didn't draw much interest until my late teen-early twenties years. Now, one of the best things about about cd-ing is watching the transformation in the mirror as the makeup goes on. I love heavy makeup, especially monster eyelashes with black liquid eyeliner and lots of eye shadow. Makeup mesmerizes me, on me or on others.

Janine cd
01-06-2011, 06:16 PM
I was 11 when I first tried lipstick, blush and face powder. They were my mother's. I also tried on her bra, panties, slip and hose at the same time. I was hooked after that first time and have been dressing for 60 years.

MichelleP
01-06-2011, 06:29 PM
I would have been about 7 maybe 8. The first time I really recall was staring, facinated as my sister put on her makeup at a lighted vanity mirror. When she got done with a particular part like eye shadow, or lipstick, she would do me. NICE.

katrinakat
01-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Great question Marina! I've played with make-up since around 9ish, but it was pretty simple, lipstick, maybe a touch of eye-shadow. Being young I required very little.....I wish it was that simple now. lol From 16 to 18 was a new chapter in make-up. I had gone through puberty so my need to step up my make-up technique was necessity. Unfortunately, I was very closeted, so I had to learn, through trial and error. Brushes, tones, concealer, bronzer, lip liner, liquid eye-liner, etc
It can be TOTALLY daunting at first

As of gotten older and more accepting of myself, I've gone to the mall and had the MAC girls show me some tricks. Plus my girlfriends share their beauty secrets as well.

The main problem I've encountered when some over zealous girl tries and do my make-up, when she has no understanding about Drag techniques. The way your average GG puts on make-up; is approached completely different from TG. Because of this, I always did my own make-up. Needless to say I'm still learning, but the trick is PRACTICE. Like anything in life. Unless you have a stylist, of course.

XO KatT

sue1965
01-06-2011, 08:47 PM
I have'd tried some make-up since my divorce(within the last year). I just made arrangements with the young lady that sells Avon to the other woman in my apartment complex. She is coming over next Wednesday to help me out and purchase some products. She has said once they come in she will show me how to apply the products. Her only request was that I had to be dressed as a woman while she is here. I AM SO EXCITED....

Sally24
01-06-2011, 10:57 PM
I used it for a skit in college where I wore a mini-dress. Did't really try it again until 20 years later. Only really got good with it 15 years later!

Marcia Blue
01-06-2011, 11:05 PM
My Mom had a large assortment of Avon lipstick samples to play with. The samples were just the right size for me. I remember using the lipstick samples for the first time when I was in first grade. I loved all the different colors. I started using mascara in second grade. Things progressed as time went along. I had way more time using makeup, before I started dressing.

Julogden
01-06-2011, 11:26 PM
I got into my mom's makeup a few times when I was really little, probably 3 or so, made a mess of trying to put on lipstick and have a vague memory of hiding a tube of lipstick in my bed, got it all over the sheets.

Carol

Samantha B L
01-06-2011, 11:37 PM
I made attempts to do my own makeup when I was 12 or 13. When I was about 19 or 20 I would go to a local drug store or a nearby Kmart and buy some makeup items. 2 or 3 days later I'd chicken out and purge. When I was 22 a CD freindly female companion taught me the rudiments of makeup. When I was about 30 my SO gave me lots of pointers. I'm no Tamarav or Karen Hutton but I can say that I know how to do my own makeup even though I could probably still use a few pointers.

ninapuella
01-07-2011, 12:07 AM
It was pretty late, when i was about 21 years old. I am a late-bloomer. :)

Deanna B
01-07-2011, 10:40 AM
hi my first time was 3 weeks ago it was a mess but my wife did it and i look great i thing
love deanna

Yolanda_Voils
01-08-2011, 01:51 AM
2003, Panama City Beach Fla

what a disaster, I let her put it on me, I walked down the beach for 100 yds or so and stepped up on Thomas Drive and looked in a car mirror..

YeGads, a UGLY doode wearing a wig and makeup, attempting to get back to the room I did a no-no and stepped over a rail instead of using the walkway, right there is a armed security guard.. Back I stepped ,, he followed, the closer he got, the deeper into the ocean I went..

Eventually he gave up, I had a 2-way radio and told her to come get me down the street, bring makeup remover and MY clothes,, it was a while before I tried that again..

The fix for me was for ME to learn how much and what color matched my Indian skin color. I turn red in long sun exposure..

She's pale and tried to fix me up using her colors,, no worky for me..

missyvf
01-14-2011, 11:38 AM
For me it was when I was 20 and went away to a neighboring state and stayed at a motel for my first all weekend enfemme adventure. I purchased all of the makeup along the way at a department store and had no idea what I was doing. It turned out ok but after that I got brave and went to a local Mary Kay lady for help.

Pythos
01-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Rocky Horror. No kidding.

This was the "birth" of my "gothic beauty" get up. Pale makeup, dark eyes and lips (NOTHING like mine are now), black spandex minidress with a lace back, no forms, black pantyhose, high heeled shoes and (shock and horror) a long BLONDE wig. LOL.

I had a ball those first times out in such an outfit. What was really fun was having to work on my bug before being able to drive home from Rocky with my friends. :). You don't really know how it feels to be an "empowered female" until you have crawled under your car, whilst wearing a very short and tight minidress. lol

I think I was 20 or 21 years of age.

StarrOfDelite
01-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Played with lipstick and rouge and stuff on my mom's dresser when I was 8 or 9 and did it for a couple of years without being caught. I stopped doing it when I realized that the girls, whom all the boys in school despised at that age, would grow up to be women who used makeup. Started using makeup as an adult about 14-15 years ago, using stuff that my wife had around. I did get caught by her. Bought my own makeup kit, compact, nail polish and and various brushes, pencils and how-to-book a year or two after that.

aprilgirl
01-14-2011, 01:50 PM
I started experimenting with my mom's makeup around 12 or 13. It was the mid 70's and so long ago that I dont remember much, other than a lot of blue or green eye shadow (ugh)! I do recall a lipstick shade called watermelon and spritzing myself with either Charlie or Wind Song.

Mary Morgan
01-14-2011, 02:07 PM
The first time for me was when I was about 6 or 7. On Halloween my mother dressed me as a ghost, basically a sheet with holes in it for my eyes and mouth. She put bright red lipstick on me. Not much later than that, I would get into that same red lipstick whenever I was home alone. Boy did I have a time getting it off, unsuccessfully I might add.

suchacutie
01-14-2011, 02:45 PM
As far as I can remember, not a spot of makeup until the first time my wife and I went shopping for Tina (my first real time transforming to what we now know as Tina). My wife dragged me into a drug store and to the makeup section, looked for a second and then grabbed eye liner and mascara, turned to me and said, "Tina will need these now". "I'll show her all about it when we get back to our hotel room!" Mind you, were were out it public, Tina was VERY young in our lives, and yet it was just as if she had been handing me a plum from the fruit counter, talking about no one in particular, yet here we were conversing about my young feminine self!

:)

tina

the_me
01-14-2011, 02:49 PM
First time wearing makeup would be lipstick during a drinking game where a card drawn actually said "Go put on lipstick now." and if there was none around, you'd have to drink your entire drink vs. one shot. We happened to be at a friend's place, and she had lipstick! I never thought too much of it then, but thinking back, that was a great feeling.

Avana
01-14-2011, 03:15 PM
i think i was 8. i put everything on that my mom had to offer when she wasnt home :p

i used to wear lipstick the most, bright red!

and always with bra and a skirt or dress.

and her pumps when i used to fit into those.

Jilmac
01-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Well Marina, for me it was the other way, I wore my first dress and panties at age 7 and having three older sisters, I experimented with their clothes until age 15 when I dressed fully for the first time. I was experimenting with makeup around the same time. Most of the face makeup then was either in powder or pancake form and lipstick was mostly red. I would watch my sisters apply their makeup and lipstick and then try my luck at it. It took a lot of trial and error before I was satisfied with the look.

When I was 16 I went to a halloween party as a girl and had a GG friend help me with my outfit and makeup. She did a fairly decent job with the makeup but my wig looked fake and I still wore my male eyeglasses. That was back in my infancy of crossdressing, now I consider myself a seasoned pro, but with one little flaw. I still can't do *#%$& eye makeup.

Chiana
01-14-2011, 03:21 PM
I don't remember the first time exactly but I was pretty young. Like most here, I tried my Mom's lipstick. It was wonderful. I even made a lip imprint and saved it for many years. The first attempt at full make up was when I was 19. A girl who I had confided in, did the make up for me. That first look in the mirror was astonishing. I really did not recognize myself.

gwenbeth
01-14-2011, 10:49 PM
I had never did any thing with makeup until today (-: I tried not to over do it, but I think I did an OK job. It really helped me feel more confident about how I looked.

jfem
01-14-2011, 10:59 PM
My first time in make up, hmmm let me think.........it's gonna be February 8th, 2011!!!!! I cant wait!!!!!!

BevAndrews
01-15-2011, 12:21 AM
Sometime in the spring of 1996 when I first made contact with a local support group. Up to then I had no wig, no femme name and had never tried makeup. I was directed to a local wig shop, and they arranged,on the spot,an appointment with the beauty therapist on the floor below who gave me alesson. The next year I fell in love with and married a rep for Mary Kay, so no problems since!

Tina B.
01-15-2011, 11:48 AM
First it was lipstick at around 8 a little rouge around 9 full blown make up not until my early twenty's. I tried to learn on my own. By my early thirty's My second wife started teaching me to use the stuff. She enrolled me in a makeup club that sent me a box of make up every month. When it got there I would spend a couple of days practicing with everything that came. Years latter I still run into pencils that came in that stuff. Now in my late sixty's I still play with make up every chance I get. My wife got me a nice set of make up brushes for Christmas that I'm playing with now.
Tina B.

CDAllie
01-15-2011, 04:43 PM
I have had my friend put amke-up and me when i was about 14, her mom came home and i was sooo embarrassed I ran to the washroom to try get it off (with not a whole lot of luck). Since then I have never gotten the chance to have make-up put on me, and I dont have the skill to do it myself with out messing up really bad :P.

AmberM
01-15-2011, 04:58 PM
My first time with makeup was at 13 when I applied my mother's lipstick (red) with some pink nail polish. The nail polish was easy to apply and looked pretty but the lipstick was hard to apply.

jemima_bates
01-15-2011, 05:19 PM
I must've been 13 or 14 when I first experimented with makeup.

In my teens, it was ALL about the eyes - as much mascara as I could humanly fit on my lashes. As I've gotten older, I've toned it down (a little). Saying that, the last time I dressed, I realised too late that my mascara had ran out, so I obviously haven't toned it down enough.

Now my favourite part of putting on makeup is the lips: that's suddenly when everything feels like it's come together and a woman finally stares out at me from the mirror.

Fun reading all your experiences.

Jemima
x

Tasha McIntyre
01-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Relatively speaking, quite recently really.

I have been CDing since early teens but only tried make up (and a wig) less than 2 years ago. I was inspired after finding this forum.

Diane Smith
01-15-2011, 11:33 PM
My mom used to put lipstick and nail polish on me every once in awhile starting when I was maybe 3 or 4 years old. I don't really remember whether I asked for it or if it was her idea, but I always enjoyed it a great deal, of course. I really never stopped but became very focused on academics and hobbies in my teen years and didn't do much with dressing (except for shoes and earrings). I started wearing more makeup during my last year or so of college and almost always had eyeshadow and liner plus a subtle lipstick on in that period.

- Diane

jacques
02-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Last Year I tried make up for the first time --- Panda eyes - not a good look

Mistybtm
02-12-2011, 05:56 PM
In my early teens i tried on lipstick of my mothers i think it was red.

Eryn
02-12-2011, 06:20 PM
One of my earliest memories. Very vague now. I remember that I found one of my mother's lipsticks, had a great time with it, and oh was she angry when she saw me. It was everywhere. :o

LitaKelley
02-12-2011, 07:54 PM
for me it was the early 80s, but presenting as male.. and into all the 80s hair metal bands, etc

mslenak
02-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Although my mom painted my nails and pierced my ears before I was 5, the first time remember actually wearing makeup was about age 12. It was for my cousin's sweet sixteen party. Her mother's friend owned a beauty parlor and we all had our hair, nails, and makeup done there the day before her party. All of the mothers and daughters in the shop knew I was really a boy and that my mother was making me wear a dress and have my long hair set in rollers. They inisted that I go all the way and get my fingernails and toenails painted and that I wear light makeup similar to the other girls. It was a wonderful experience.

Jocelyn Quivers
02-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Make up came along kind of late in the game for me. In 2003 a couple of years after coming out of the closet I ordered my set of Dermablend. I had also recently shaved off my goatee which had been a staple of my male sides existence for most of my life.

After putting on the make up I felt truly transformed and completely en-femme for the first time. I also remember carefully reading the instructions on how to apply it, and I did not wear eye liner or mascara because I did not want to risk any being left on my eyes. Which is the exact opposite of now, where I really don't care if I have any left over mascara. Of course my excitement and joy turned into terror when I purchased a digital camera and took my first pictures en-femme.

At which point I discovered the horror's of beard shadow, that I had a long way to go as far as learning how to properly apply make up, and that I really needed to lose lots, and lots of weight.

Alisa
02-13-2011, 12:46 PM
Have to say I was about 10 or 11 years old. I want to say it was my second time dressing... put on mom's pantyhose, full slip, mini dress, heels and wig. Makeup included lipstick and blush. Actually went for a walk around the neighborhood.

Stephanie47
02-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Probably when I was 16+ or so. My parents would go to visit my grandparents and stay overnight. I was working Saturdays. After work I would try on her clothes, use her makeup and hairspray (on short hair yet). When I looked in the mirror, I looked like crap. You'd think that would have been enough to drive the cross-dressing urges from me! I've gotten better, but, then again, how many grandmother's really have a youthful complexion and skin that begs for makeup! Maybe that's why I look in the mirror from afar now. How I tastefully dress means more than the makeup.

Breannah
02-13-2011, 07:16 PM
Think i was the same as most people here. When i was about 10-11 id allways been curious about lipstick and just sort of tryed my mums one day when she'd quickly popped to the neibours. Probably about the only thing i can remember from that long ago! Didnt start properly doing makeup when i crossdressed untill a couple of years ago when my sister turned 15 and started properly buying the huge amount of makeup teenage girls do. Needless to say i can't get enouth of trying her new blush, lippy or mascara now when she gets it and i get the chance! I think doing my mascara and seing it in the mirror after is probably the feminine thing i love most <3

Linda Stockings
03-15-2011, 12:18 PM
I was very young, found a bright red tube that my Mom had discarded. She thought I had stolen it from her new stuff. When she realized where I found it she was OK. I think I was so young she didn't care that I'd put it on my lips, and not too bad a job as I recall. When I'd see her putting it on herself in the powder room, I'd ask her if I could have some. She'd put a tiny bit on my lips - probably just to get me to stop bothering her. I don't think she ever realized how much I loved it.

Thanks,

Linda

Xandria
03-15-2011, 12:21 PM
I was still in a highchair when mom started putting makeup on me.

chrissie
03-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Cannot remember any messing about as a child or growing up but first make-up session was with a previous partner - approx 16-17 years ago - a weekend together - and she dressed me in a full wardrobe including lingerie

An exciting experience but mainly for the time with her...

Since then and discovering underdressing have never thought of make-up...

Maybe its some I may move towards over time..

Samantha43
03-15-2011, 02:24 PM
I was 12 or 13 when I first tried makeup. I was hooked! Mom was an Avon lady, so there were boxes of makeup in the basement. I didn't let it go to waste!

Jilmac
03-15-2011, 03:52 PM
I don't know whether or not nail polish counts but here goes. The cousin who dared me to wear panties and dress for the first time also dared me (on a seperate occasion) to apply nail polish on both hands. I think I was around eight years old and took a lot of kidding from my siblings and schoolmates. The first time I applied any sort of facial makeup, I was 15 and experimenting with my sister's compact makeup and lipstick. I had seen my sis do it on numerous occasions and it looked so easy for her. I couldn't get the hang of the compact makeup and would smear it instead of blending it. The lipstick turned out better, it was sis's favorite color Sauterne Rose and I loved the way it looked on me. I don't remember who manufactured it and was never able to find where it was sold. I couldn't ask sis because she had been in an unfortunate accident and passed away shortly after my experience.

evett135
03-15-2011, 03:54 PM
8. I remember I found a dress under the house and putting it on. My older sister found me and said, she would finish the job by putting makeup on me. When I saw myself and how pretty I looks. I saw the real me for the first time. After that I was going places with my sister, as her little sister.

anna_beaumont
03-15-2011, 04:15 PM
Hmm I didn't put make up on untill about a year ago when i was 21-22 years old. I wish I had done it sooner.

cdona20
03-15-2011, 04:49 PM
I knew I was TS since about age 12 but I never really tried makeup until last September. I went out and bought a makeup kit that included eyeshadow, blush, powder foundation and lipstick. Also picked up some eyeliner and mascara. By today's standards I looked like a clown but I saw a glimmer of potential to actually look like a passable GG in my face. To tell you the truth I probably would never have continued if it weren't for that spark of potential.

Makeup is my main thing now. When some people have only a limited amount of time to be en femme they usually put on woman's clothes and don't do makeup but I'm the opposite. I do my makeup and don't dress. I'd rather look like a woman who is cross-dressing (in my drab clothes) than a boy who is cross-dressing.

HannahDLuv
03-15-2011, 04:52 PM
my 1st time with makeup was when i was probably 6-8 dont really remember, but it was my moms lipstick.

still trying to learn how to use makeup now, i am pretty bad at it. and practice makes perfect, but i cant seem to find time to practice.

Xandria
03-15-2011, 04:54 PM
I guess i really didnt start messing around with makeup till i was in junior high.

Jay Cee
03-15-2011, 05:08 PM
I seem to remember Hallowe'en when I was about 14, and also initiation into high school. I don't really count those as being legit, though. First time I tried it on my own, with the intent of looking feminine, I was about 21 or so. My gf at the time came home early, and I came perilously close to getting busted. :eek:

donnatracey
03-15-2011, 10:00 PM
My mom's dark red lipstick!...:o..My fascination with lipstick has only grown over the years....no doubt enhanced by being a lifelong Chapstick user.....

Diane Smith
03-16-2011, 12:35 AM
When I was very small (2-1/2 or 3), my mom would sometimes put nail polish and/or lipstick on me for the fun of it (her fun, that is!). She even occasionally took me over to a friend's house or out shopping. My experiments on my own were pretty much limited to lipstick until I was in my very late teens, in college, and I started wearing eye makeup most of the time -- liner, shadow, mascara, even false lashes sometimes.

Fast forward 35 years, and I have permanent lipcolor, eyeliner and shadow, and still wear lashes every once in awhile. In fact, nothing much has changed since 1977! :)

- Diane

MonicaGirly
03-16-2011, 02:14 AM
my first time was when i was 14, i was home alone and i finaly gathered the courage to put on some of my moms lipstick. i only put on a little bit, i also but on some blush and eyeshadow. lol i was so nervous i scrubbed it off almost imediatly!
oh and i've had stage make up on tons of times