PDA

View Full Version : a question about MtF and FtM

Gerrijerry
08-12-2010, 08:35 AM
since this forum has both groups. Have either group thought that the other group may make great friendships of even a great future SO. I was just thinking about how well that might work out for both.

kimdl93
08-12-2010, 08:38 AM
I hadn't thought of it, but it makes sense. At least one couple I know of on this site are MTF and FTM...but I'll let them speak for themselves.

My wife and I are somewhere on that continuum. She and I are both bi expereineced. It makes for a nice match.

faltenrock
08-12-2010, 08:49 AM
seems difficult. If I'm not wrong here, I'ld guess that most CD'ers are heterosexual and they love true women. I can't imagine being with a FtM CD or TS, a MtF TS would be much closer to me and my desires than a FtM TS.

Pythos
08-12-2010, 08:49 AM
I cannot be sure.

It seems I am most unliked by some of them, mostly because of my ignorance toward them.

I will be honest, until I joined this forum, I was unaware of their numbers

But I would very much like to befriend one, if they gave me a chance.

But it seems all I have done is stand on toes.

I do however wish we could just break free of the gender binary.

MiraM
08-12-2010, 09:11 AM
I hadn't thought of it, but it makes sense. At least one couple I know of on this site are MTF and FTM...but I'll let them speak for themselves.

My wife and I are somewhere on that continuum. She and I are both bi expereineced. It makes for a nice match.

I am MtF (was in transition at one point, but had to stop due to medical and other reasons and just CD now. I have been thinking a lot as of late about going back to my doctor and therapist and exploring the possibility of restarting hormones. My dysphoria has returned with a vengeance and the only way to take the edge off is by presenting as female. I pretty much dress full time now except while I am at work...but that is a whole other topic). My husband is a Transman, who was also transitioning and had to put it on hold, but is in the process of getting back on T. He presents and lives as a male 24/7. So, it is possible for MtF and FtM to get together and have something good.

kimdl93
08-12-2010, 09:21 AM
I am MtF (was in transition at one point, but had to stop due to medical and other reasons and just CD now. I have been thinking a lot as of late about going back to my doctor and therapist and exploring the possibility of restarting hormones. My dysphoria has returned with a vengeance and the only way to take the edge off is by presenting as female. I pretty much dress full time now except while I am at work...but that is a whole other topic). My husband is a Transman, who was also transitioning and had to put it on hold, but is in the process of getting back on T. He presents and lives as a male 24/7. So, it is possible for MtF and FtM to get together and have something good.

How long have you two been together? Were each of you in your transitions when you met?

And, congratulations on building your relationship!

MiraM
08-12-2010, 09:31 AM
How long have you two been together? Were each of you in your transitions when you met?

And, congratulations on building your relationship!

We have been together for about 9 years total. We have been married for 4 years.

We were both in transition when we met. We both used the same therapist and endo.

kimdl93
08-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Wow, that's great - any relationship that can hold up through 9 years is impressive these days!

since this forum has both groups. Have either group thought that the other group may make great friendships of even a great future SO. I was just thinking about how well that might work out for both.

Gerry, I was wondering - as I recall, your wife suggested that after you retire, she figures you'll be "full-time". Does this reflect a shift in her sexual preference too - towards, if you will a "lesbian" relationship with you?

MiraM
08-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Wow, that's great - any relationship that can hold up through 9 years is impressive these days!
It hasn't all been perfume and roses though. We had our share of fights before we got married, and called the relationship quits on more than one occasion. We still have our moments, and even separated for almost a year, but got back together to give it another try. We have been back together for about a year and it seems to be working better. I can't think of anyone I would rather spend the rest of my life with.

Kate Simmons
08-12-2010, 10:08 AM
Of course, I used to have a huge crush on a cute F T M guy who unfortunately isn't here any more.

Ze
08-12-2010, 10:09 AM
You're always the celebrity couple on here, Alicia. :heehee: Ain't you ever going to get your hubby to join?

Like any other relationship, I would think an MtF-FtM relationship could work out just fine. It always comes down to respect, compassion, and communication. But that's every relationship.

MiraM
08-12-2010, 10:18 AM
You're always the celebrity couple on here, Alicia. :heehee: Ain't you ever going to get your hubby to join?

Like any other relationship, I would think an MtF-FtM relationship could work out just fine. It always comes down to respect, compassion, and communication. But that's every relationship.

I know he is a member of some other FtM board, but don't know which ones. I never think to mention this board to him must be the old-timers setting in. You know what they say: "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.") . I'm sure he would get along good with all you guys, but then I couldn't flirt with you anymore. :battingeyelashes: :daydreaming:

Kieron Andrew
08-12-2010, 10:20 AM
i myself have been in two ftm-mtf relationships and if i wasn't now engaged to my partner, i would most definitely date a mtf again...to me its no different than dating a genetic female....just a different kind of woman is all, she would still be treated like a lady no matter what appendage she might or might not have

Ze
08-12-2010, 10:24 AM
but then I couldn't flirt with you anymore. :battingeyelashes: :daydreaming:

But that's what the PM system is here for, m'lady! :devil:

i myself have been in two ftm-mtf relationships and if i wasn't now engaged to my partner, i would most definitely date a mtf again...to me its no different than dating a genetic female....just a different kind of woman is all, she would still be treated like a lady no matter what appendage she might or might not have

Out of all the time I've known you, you never mentioned you were able to date an MtF or two. That's pretty awesome! And well said.

Kieron Andrew
08-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Out of all the time I've known you, you never mentioned you were able to date an MtF or two. That's pretty awesome! And well said.

i'm sure i've mentioned it, if not on msn, definitely on here...its not a huge secret

Ze
08-12-2010, 10:34 AM
i'm sure i've mentioned it, if not on msn, definitely on here...its not a huge secret

Me thinks my old age is getting to me. :doh: Anyway, with so few MtF-FtM relationships that I hear about, it's cool to know that at least a few exist(ed) out there.

Kieron Andrew
08-12-2010, 10:38 AM
out of all the relationships ive been in, i actually think its the most logical...mtfs & ftms arent that different just going in different directions

Ze
08-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Yep exactly.

I think the lack of such relationships may come down to simple numbers, though. It's hard enough to find anybody to have a close relationship with, so for an FtM to find an MtF and hit it off well enough for such a thing is even less chance simply because there are less numbers in the trans community than in the cis.

Did that make sense?

MiraM
08-12-2010, 10:41 AM
But that's what the PM system is here for, m'lady! :devil:

You wicked, wicked man...Now even one more reason to like you:D :devil:

Kieron Andrew
08-12-2010, 10:41 AM
Yep exactly.

I think the lack of such relationships may come down to simple numbers, though. It's hard enough to find anybody to have a close relationship with, so for an FtM to find an MtF and hit it off well enough for such a thing is even less chance simply because there are less numbers in the trans community than in the cis.

yup, im just lucky that a) i find mtfs attractive, b) my friendship base is made up of pretty much mostly mtfs, making it easier for me

Ze
08-12-2010, 10:43 AM
yup, im just lucky that a) i find mtfs attractive, b) my friendship base is made up of pretty much mostly mtfs, making it easier for me

:thinking: I soooo need to find where all these ladies are hiding in Boston.

Kieron Andrew
08-12-2010, 10:45 AM
:thinking: I soooo need to find where all these ladies are hiding in Boston.

yup you do, plenty of bars and clubs there with mtfs in it :p...there is also you're school you might find some younger mtfs just coming out....you have two meals coming up? keep an eye out, oh and give em cd.coms web address lol

Lorileah
08-12-2010, 10:53 AM
I am very proud of my cyber friendships with the FtM's here. They are witty and smart and exclusively handsome. were I younger and they were half blind they might even date me. Of course I would let them pick up the tab

Kieron Andrew
08-12-2010, 10:58 AM
I am very proud of my cyber friendships with the FtM's here. They are witty and smart and exclusively handsome. were I younger and they were half blind they might even date me. Of course I would let them pick up the tab

Lori if i was single, and in the US, i'd date you...you are beautiful, i don't need to be blind to say that...oh and i like older women :p AND it would be a pleasure to pick up the tab

Frédérique
08-12-2010, 10:59 AM
....just a different kind of woman is all, she would still be treated like a lady no matter what appendage she might or might not have.

Mine is retractable…:heehee:

Kieron Andrew
08-12-2010, 11:02 AM

:lol2: now THAT was funny!!!

Lorileah
08-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Lori if i was single, and in the US, i'd date you...you are beautiful, i don't need to be blind to say that...oh and i like older women :p AND it would be a pleasure to pick up the tab

:o see they are all handsome AND gentlemen.

(makes note to visit Britain someday)

Ze
08-12-2010, 11:04 AM

Woah woah woah...you know I called dibs on Lori a long time ago. :slap: (And a few other women, but they were more recent. *cough*)

:eek:

Kieron Andrew
08-12-2010, 11:05 AM
:o see they are all handsome AND gentlemen.

(makes note to visit Britain someday)

yay come party in the UK, come to sparkle!! (its in july)

Woah woah woah...you know I called dibs on Lori a long time ago. (And a few other women, but they were more recent. *cough*)dude, im taken so its a mute point, but i still wanna meet her and give her cuddles :D, and pick up the tab

Gerrijerry
08-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Gerry, I was wondering - as I recall, your wife suggested that after you retire, she figures you'll be "full-time". Does this reflect a shift in her sexual preference too - towards, if you will a "lesbian" relationship with you?

Answer to your question.: She said it would be much easier if people did not see me as male one day and female the next when we move. As for the bedroom I don't really know where this will go only that we both love each other. It was not talked about.

kimdl93
08-12-2010, 11:20 AM
....She said it would be much easier if people did not see me as male one day and female when we move. As for the bedroom I don't really know where this will go only that we both love each other. It was not talked about.

Interesting. I do agree - it will be easier to present full time as a woman than alternating. I imagine that your sexual relationship has been pretty firmly established after a long and accepting marriage.

Gerrijerry
08-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Interesting. I do agree - it will be easier to present full time as a woman than alternating. I imagine that your sexual relationship has been pretty firmly established after a long and accepting marriage.

I would think so also. we have been together since high school. But who knows. My wife has known about that side of me since high school. She has been requesting me to dress female as much as possible now. " So that it is just a natual thing to dress that way when we move" We have been packing the house and just about everything that is not needed (male clothes except for a few things) is being put out in the trash. Of course I don't mind at all but it is scary in someways.

kimdl93
08-12-2010, 11:59 AM
I would think so also. we have been together since high school. But who knows. My wife has known about that side of me since high school. She has been requesting me to dress female as much as possible now. " So that it is just a natual thing to dress that way when we move" We have been packing the house and just about everything that is not needed (male clothes except for a few things) is being put out in the trash. Of course I don't mind at all but it is scary in someways.

I won't presume to know your wife, but its at least reasonable to speculate that having know you for so long, she's expressing her preference by her actions. My guess is that you were (and remain), just the right person for her in all respects!

I find this conversation interesting because my wife seems to prefer me just as I am, and has never complained that she want's "the man she married". Of course, she knew before we married and encouraged me to express my girl side any time the kids weren't around. I know she likes girls, and fortunately I get to be the girl in her life.

Nigella
08-12-2010, 12:06 PM
Will members please stop using this thread as a personal discussion/message system, that is what the PM system is for.

If others insist on continuing in this manner the thread will be closed and that will be a disservice to the OP

Nigella

Rianna Humble
08-12-2010, 04:30 PM

I'm sure that FtM's would make great friends if I knew any. With me it couldn't go any further because I am not into men.