PDA

View Full Version : unexpected reaction

pernille d
08-12-2010, 03:48 PM
to save you from all the details i had to tell a co worker today about pernille , and i could not tell her as i have only told one other so i just sent her a photo.( first time i have shown a photo of me to anyone) . there came no reaction so i had to ask her if she infact got the mail . "YES" she said , no further reacton "OH NO" i thought then she just shrugged her sholders and said " everyone is allowed to be different in this world" that i was certainly not expecting and made me simle inside

today was a good day for me so i thought i would share it with you as i have learnt alot today and confirmed (well to me) that i was expecting the worse and was nicely surprised by the reaction ,Is this not the biggest problem that we have , we just worry too much about doing things rather than just getting on with them .
:)

kimdl93
08-12-2010, 04:08 PM
I guess that was a nuetral to positive reaction to what must have been a surprise. (very positive considering the way some people react).

I assume you're fairly close to this person, right? You should probably prepare yourself to start answering any questions she may have.

Rianna Humble
08-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Sometimes all of us here can be guilty of setting ourselves up to expect the worst. Well, as you found out,it doesn't always happen!

Congratulations on your slightly novel way of coming out to your colleague.

IMkrystal
08-12-2010, 04:32 PM
.......... i have learnt alot today and confirmed (well to me) that i was expecting the worse and was nicely surprised by the reaction ,Is this not the biggest problem that we have , we just worry too much about doing things rather than just getting on with them .
:)

I recently participated in an excellent motivational workshop that deals with this. What "Pernille" has define is her "drift" All the crap, that has been learned, that prevents us from doing what we like doing. Our hearts know how we feel but our brains filter on how we express these feelings.

pernille d
08-12-2010, 04:36 PM
I assume you're fairly close to this person, right? You should probably prepare yourself to start answering any questions she may have.

we work together but thats about it , but i am a friendly person that talks a lot that always is there to help so i get on with everybody well

re the questions . we had a big chat and told her a lot , that i have never done before but it just flowed out as if we where talking about anything else ,so no questions just chat.

Eva_nine
08-12-2010, 11:06 PM
very similar to the reaction i got from the ladies at the shop i frequent. the first time i was there i felt the only way i could truly be comfortable was to just tell them honestly why i was there(i was in guy mode unshaven and nervous as hell). i was ready to pack up, walk out and never go back because i was expecting the worst. i was pleasantly surprised by the shop managers acceptance and have been back a few times since. i plan to go back en femme in the near future.

some people are accepting and others are not, we simply must learn to surround ourselves with the right people and happiness is possible. i think this holds true for everyone not just cders.

pernille d
08-13-2010, 12:16 AM
we simply must learn to surround ourselves with the right people and happiness is possible. i think this holds true for everyone not just cders.

very true i agree and 1 good friend is worth much more than a large quantity of people you just know,

Gaby2
08-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Only just noticed your post pernille and I'm very happy for you. Your description of the chat is comforting and encouraging.
Thanks, as ever yours, gaby :rc: