PDA

View Full Version : Choose your name carefully

Ze
08-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Always research your name before you choose it. Otherwise you might find out you're named after a hokey chocolate drink from the 80s. :doh::heehee:

Okay, so it actually kind of cracks me up. XD I'm keeping my name, though; I likes it. And now I have a new catchphrase for the ladies!

Anybody else ever run into something weird with their name? Did you find out after the name change?

B8WDUUj50TU

Kieron Andrew
08-12-2010, 07:08 PM
or you could be a character from the Tweenies :p

you started the thread dude :p

Ze
08-12-2010, 07:12 PM
or you could be a character from the Tweenies :p

:noidea2: I don't even know what that is!

I'd always associated my name with pale, nerdy, sickly guys. Hence why I chose it. Guess I have a lot to learn. :doh:

Fab Karen
08-12-2010, 07:28 PM
:noidea2: I don't even know what that is!

I'd always associated my name with pale, nerdy, sickly guys. Hence why I chose it. Guess I have a lot to learn. :doh:
Did you ever read "the Phantom Tollbooth" ?

btw, I lived through the 80's, don't remember a drink by that name.

bianca66
08-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Ze (pronoun), a gender neutral pronoun

:doh:....It's gender neutral :heehee:

Ze
08-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Ze (pronoun), a gender neutral pronoun

:doh:....It's gender neutral :heehee:

That's actually why I chose it way back when. :heehee: I was at a loss for a name.

Kieron Andrew
08-12-2010, 07:35 PM
btw, I lived through the 80's, don't remember a drink by that name.

its originally an Australian Drink but is marketted in the UK too, im gonna send him some and when he gets it he can take a picture of him and the can lol

bianca66
08-12-2010, 07:52 PM
I don't know Ze but for some reason I can see you as being a Frank? :devil:

Ze
08-12-2010, 08:08 PM
I don't know Ze but for some reason I can see you as being a Frank? :devil:

Weird you should say that. My middle name is "Frances" and I'm changing the spelling to the male version. :ner:

az_azeel
08-12-2010, 08:22 PM
My middle name is "Frances"

why oh why does everything make sense ...
Frances in latin..is suffragium...

translates back to church province, intercession by saint with god, support aid, vote, franchise, approval support, assistance, succor, incitement, maintenance...

i stand before an enlightened one... :brolleyes:

Ze
08-12-2010, 08:23 PM
i stand before an enlightened one... :brolleyes:

Damn right! And don't you forget it! :lol:

az_azeel
08-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Damn right! And don't you forget it! :lol:

over-confidence has been the undoing of many a seasoned warrior...:heehee:

Ze
08-12-2010, 08:29 PM

Like...paprika?

(Wow, I'm running low on jokes tonight.)

Kieron Andrew
08-12-2010, 08:30 PM

Confidence isnt something i associate with Ze at all! lol

Andy66
08-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Otherwise you might find out you're named after a hokey chocolate drink from the 80s.
Your name is Yoo-Hoo? :eek: Quik?? :loc:

Seriously, I think you're safe. I've never heard of Milo chocolate drink either. When I think "Milo," I think of a sweet, sensitive, cuddly type of guy. Awww... :bh:

Ze
08-12-2010, 08:42 PM
When I think "Milo," I think of a sweet, sensitive, cuddly type of guy. Awww... :bh:

Oh crap; I gotta change my name! :eek:

:heehee:

AnonyMouse
08-12-2010, 09:15 PM
I'll admit, when I picked "William" I was mainly thinking of Robin Dunne's character in Sanctuary. It seemed like a good name for a pale nerd guy. Then I kept hearing about all these totally badass guys with the name, and it made me feel kind of inferior.

That's why I generally prefer Will now. That, and I share the name with the (female) protagonist of Huge, who is a great character.

sandra-leigh
08-12-2010, 09:31 PM
The drink "Milo" is not unknown here in Canada, but it is not very common. It has a big market share in Malaysia apparently.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo_%28drink%29

Nicole Erin
08-12-2010, 09:49 PM
Weird you should say that. My middle name is "Frances" and I'm changing the spelling to the male version. :ner:

FRANCES?
(sound of someone getting beat up)

eh-hem, now that THAT is out of the way....

They might still make that Milo stuff, and WOW, 1982, my ass was just starting second grade back then!

But yeah researching names is important...
OK little known but I was going to start a band, we were gonna call ourselves "plain white tees" and our hit song was gonna be "Hey there Delilah". How were we to know? I tell ya, getting that letter from some attorney representing some band who already had that idea...

Well now I am kind of toying with the idea of singing solo and calling myself "Lady Gaga" I know, it is a stupid name but I want to be different, I have already written a song called "Bad Romance", I just have to see what the record labels have to say.

7sisters
08-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Milo is a very nice name. Yes the brand is available in India. And the actress Liv Tyler has named her child Milo. And yes ... how very remarkable.... come to think of it, Frank is another apt name for you. You do look like a Frank. You look like a Banker from one of those large European banks, Ze! All that is missing is the suit in grey and the briefcase and black Mercedes car with blacked out windows!

Andy66
08-12-2010, 10:23 PM
You don't want to be seen as cute and cuddly, Milo? Maybe you could change your name to Chuck Norris. Oh wait, that's taken. How about Clint Eastwood? :doh: :heehee:

Kaden
08-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Hate to break it to you but that's not something from yee olde days, here in Oz it's in pretty much every kitchen ;)

Your name is tasty!

Andy66
08-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Your name is tasty!
Mmmmmm... Milo! :battingeyelashes:

Lorileah
08-13-2010, 12:30 AM

cuddly orange tabby awwwwwwww

Niya W
08-13-2010, 12:50 AM
Try Millhouse Ze.

Kid Flash
08-13-2010, 04:10 AM
Lorileah beat me to it!

I loved Milo and Otis! XD

charlotte_sp
08-13-2010, 04:58 AM
Milo and Otis is definitely the first thing that comes to my mind too XD

I know someone who chose Kiska as their female name.
Apparently, it means "pure" in Russian.
She hasn't legally changed her name, but everyone calls her Kiska.
A couple weeks ago, she found out from a friend that it's slang for "prostitute" in Czech D:
She was totally mortified, but everyone's used to Kiska so she's stuck XD

Thornton
08-13-2010, 06:07 AM
Dude...you're in every Kitchen in Australia....awesome!

So, I went on youtube, and it turns out Spencer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_970Fpxm80&feature=related) is this chubby awkward kid who does comedic things on video

Everytime I feel like getting rid of people, I'm gonna use this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=422Y1uSdlxc&feature=watch_response) now.

7sisters
08-13-2010, 08:06 AM
http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/Newton-Hitler-and-Romeo-to-contest-Meghalaya-polls/275071/

Ze
08-13-2010, 09:27 AM
That's why I generally prefer Will now.

If it makes you feel any better, I knew a "Will" in high school who was paler, sicklier, and runtier than even me. :eek:

FRANCES?
(sound of someone getting beat up)

Eh...that already happens. :elaugh:

and WOW, 1982, my ass was just starting second grade back then!

And I wasn't even born yet! :tongueout

All that is missing is the suit in grey and the briefcase and black Mercedes car with blacked out windows!

You wanna buy me those things, I won't object. :D

You don't want to be seen as cute and cuddly, Milo?

Yes...I mean no...May warrant too much attention from women. :itb: And we all know how that'd go down.

Maybe you could change your name to Chuck Norris.

Best. Idea. Ever.

Mmmmmm... Milo! :battingeyelashes:

I think I may have to quote you.

Try Millhouse Ze.

It's already taken. :p Though my name is somewhat purposely a shortened derivative of Milhouse's.

Everytime, I feel like getting rid of people, I'm gonna use this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=422Y1uSdlxc&feature=watch_response) now.

I imagined you doing this and cracked the hell up! I demand a video now.

sandra-leigh
08-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Milo.... I always thought it was from Milo_Bloom

Ze
08-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Milo.... I always thought it was from Milo_Bloom

I've never heard of this cartoon, but it intrigues me. :heehee: I have to check it out!

Lorileah
08-13-2010, 11:26 AM
Dude...you're in every Kitchen in Australia....awesome!

not seeing this...Ze...kitchen....hmmmm. Must be one of those commercials that they use the handsome guy to show how to clean sinks.

Ze
08-13-2010, 03:26 PM
Another thing I just remembered: especially at the start of transition, you might want a name that's unmistakably male or female, depending on which way you're going. It only happened once, but a guy at a bar kept insisting my name was "Miley." I wanted to crack him on the mouth.

But since he could've eaten me for breakfast...yeah...

Thornton
08-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Another thing I just remembered: especially at the start of transition, you might want a name that's unmistakably male or female, depending on which way you're going. It only happened once, but a guy at a bar kept insisting my name was "Miley." I wanted to crack him on the mouth.

But since he could've eaten me for breakfast...yeah...

Funny thing, but I picked "Spencer" because I thought it WAS a unisex name....no one else I've met has agreed so far... oh well.

And as for parodying that "Leave Spencer Alone" video...yeah, my voice just can't go that high anymore. Sorry.

sandra-leigh
08-13-2010, 03:55 PM
The baby-names sites say that Spencer is used by both male and female, but is more common for male.

Fab Karen
08-13-2010, 04:09 PM
not seeing this...Ze...kitchen....hmmmm. Must be one of those commercials that they use the handsome guy to show how to clean sinks.
or shows clueless guy using dishwasher ( the "even HE can do it" ploy ) to get dishes sparkly clean.

Lorileah
08-13-2010, 04:21 PM
another surprise, Ze in a bar?

Fab Karen
08-13-2010, 04:23 PM
another surprise, Ze in a bar?
he was cruising for babes. You're not supposed to know he's a "playa"

Ze
08-13-2010, 04:52 PM
he was cruising for babes. You're not supposed to know he's a "playa"

:facepalm: Wrong "bar."

Persephone
08-13-2010, 05:24 PM

Just so long as it isn't "barre."

sandra-leigh
08-13-2010, 05:31 PM

Can't be. You are too young to have seen the original broadcast of Father Guido Sarducci's "Pope Soap On A Rope".

(I'm happy to say that I was successful in spotting all the popes in the pizza on my first try.)

Ze
08-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Waaaaay over my head. :elaugh:

Lorileah
08-13-2010, 05:42 PM

now I feel old

sandra-leigh
08-13-2010, 06:20 PM
now I feel old

My high-school friends just had a son graduate from high-school. I was thinking about that, about time passing, and I realized that all of the authority figures I saw on TV as a kid / teen (e.g., new anchors, politicians) and the great majority of the actors and entertainers over 30 at the time, are now dead or nearly so. :sad:

Except Henry Kissinger.

Ze -- promise us you won't name yourself R. Millhouse Kissinger, okay? (Shudder!!)

Fab Karen
08-13-2010, 06:59 PM
Father Guido was a character on the ORIGINAL ( & best ) Saturday Night Live show.

Ze -- promise us you won't name yourself R. Millhouse Kissinger, okay? (Shudder!!)
Or Spiro ( shudder )

Ze
08-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Father Guido was a character on the ORIGINAL ( & best ) Saturday Night Live show.

*googles*

Oooohhh! He played some weird little role in the "Casper" movie! I always watched that when I was little and to this day I couldn't figure out what the hell was up with him. I knew he had to be somebody from outside the movie...

Niya W
08-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Q*Bert.

AnonyMouse
08-13-2010, 09:35 PM
If it makes you feel any better, I knew a "Will" in high school who was paler, sicklier, and runtier than even me. :eek:

Hey, man. I may be pale and short, but I'm NOT a sick runt. :tongueout You take that back or I'mma go all Larson (http://www.venusenvycomic.com/index.php) on your scrawny behind.

Okay, not really... I need to quit threatening people before I get pulverized. :heehee:

Fab Karen
08-14-2010, 04:34 AM
*googles*

Oooohhh! He played some weird little role in the "Casper" movie! I always watched that when I was little
I'm not gonna say how old I was when that came out.
Now I'm just gonna try to remember my name before I fall asleep in the wheelchair.

sandra-leigh
08-14-2010, 09:58 AM
I'm not gonna say how old I was when that came out.

They were still producing new episodes of the original Casper series in my childhood...

halfman_halfamazing
08-17-2010, 07:47 PM

cuddly orange tabby awwwwwwww

DAMN!
I was gonna put this up!
Its one of my favorites!

one1one1ygir1
09-27-2010, 05:07 PM
Ze have you ever heard of the band Prozzak? Every time I see your Milo signature I am reminded of this cute band I adore. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC_Sre4i9gc

Ze
09-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Yeah I know of them. I know of several Milos in media; another that hasn't been mentioned here is the one-eyed hyperactive kid from "The Oblongs." :heehee:

Eshe0UqTLb4

Fun fact: The woman who plays his voice also plays the voice of Bobby Hill, a character from my absolute favorite cartoon (and possibly show) of all time.