PDA

View Full Version : Out Again! $£%&,its too busy

t-girlxsophie
08-13-2010, 07:30 PM
After all my contributions to various threads,telling everyone,just go out and walk tall and do your thing,nobody will bother you,well yesterday I called my best friend to organise a day out,I wanted back out but when the day came I had to walk the half mile to place I was to change AND It was heaving,forgot was the last week before the kids go back to school It was always going to be busy,guess I didn't do MY homework.So when I arrived at the place to change I sat there nursing my drink for ages My nerve had gone,so much for all my big talk.

Well as It happened my Wife called to see how I was getting on and when I told her how I was feeling Well I was told in no uncertain terms,and using some Industrial language that I was to get my butt in gear,and to stop being a Wuss:) Only she would have been the one able to turn me round.So I went to get changed.I took great care to apply my makeup perfect and changed into my outfit for the day.My new cream Lace Sweater and Grey Pencil skirt and heels,got my bag ready and grabbed my jacket and I was set.I thought I looked not too bad(as far as viewing myself that's a compliment) Of course I had a swift drink to gain some Dutch Courage.And It was time to walk Back that same half mile which included 2 of Glasgow's busiest streets

So here,finally (apology's for long post) is the final,fantastic revelation.I was right all along,I was confident,kept looking straight ahead and held my head high and everything was fine.I honestly didn't hear one negative remark,see any whithered looks or head shaking,and if it was done behind my back,well I wasn't gonna be looking that way LOL.I was so happy that I could test myself in this way again,Once I did the rest of my day was a fantastic re affirming experience that I enjoyed immensely,even got complimented on my outfit by a lady.

Going to have to get back out as often as I used to I forgot how much fun It could be especially after having tested myself like this.When I got home first thing I did was give my wife a great big hug,and thank her for giving me that pep talk that kick started my wonderful day,no big question to ask I just wanted to write my experience down to share it with all the wonderful ppl on here

:hugs:Sophie xxx

sissystephanie
08-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Sophie, that is a great story! And I must tell you that you do have a wonderful wife!!

I have not had the problems that you had, but that is probably because I have been a CD for so long. Now that my dear wife has passed on, I still go out all the time dressed! But I do it differently than most CD's! I do not wear a wig or use makeup! In other words, I am a guy in a skirt!!

BTW, I will be Aberdeen, Scotland the last part of August until the first week of September. Unfortunately, I will not be able to CD during that time.

AKAMichelle
08-14-2010, 11:30 AM
You were pretty much invisible to the rest of the folks. Glad you had a great day

kimdl93
08-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Sophie, your wife is a gem. Glad you had a good day!

Teri Jean
08-14-2010, 12:27 PM
Sophie that was so wonderful and you are right. Grow the backbone and strut your stuff. Congratulations.

t-girlxsophie
08-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Thank you Stephanie and Kim,yes my Wife is wonderful,she always encourages me to go out and enjoy Sophie time and catch up with my friends,we hope soon to be in a better position to be able to go out together,That will make any time I'm out so much better and special with her there beside me:)

:hugs:Sophie xx

txrobinm
08-15-2010, 12:51 AM
Yes, there are days when something's not quite going my way with the makeup, hair, whatever. It's great that your wife checked up on you, understood how important this is to you, and encouraged you to get on with it! I have a friend that is very good at getting me started, and then I'm usually fine and happy to go out. And sometimes I have to remind myself of so many GGs who don't look perfect (that's everyone, right?), who are having a bad hair day or whatever and they pick themselves up and go do their thing. In our appearance-driven society, this daily courage to go and be yourself (or the version of you you want others to see) is an inspiration to me.

MargaretJ
08-15-2010, 07:32 AM
Hah, Glasgow, in broad daylight, anyone can do that!

Nice one Sophie, I'm so brave, I go out in Edinburgh in the dark evenings, and can't wait for BST to end. Hopefully it won't take to long till I'm confident enough to go out in the day.

What was the place you went to, to get changed?

Margaret.

Angie G
08-15-2010, 07:50 AM
Good for you Sophie.You go girl.:hugs:
Angie