PDA

View Full Version : one very small step...

Jay Cee
08-13-2010, 10:32 PM
...towards being fully dressed in public.

I wore a bra under my shirt (well, two shirts, just to be safe) while out shopping today. My gf didn't even notice, despite having her hand on my back a few times.

I would best describe the feeling as being "normal". There was no rush. Not much in the way of fear, either.

How did your first time wearing a bra in public go for you?

Inna
08-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Must feel great, I have been out but my breasts are still fairly pre-teen:sad: so they don't do justice to fulfill the bra yet, soon though, "al natural". But my butt fills all the space of size 8 woman's cut jeans:D.

Jay Cee
08-13-2010, 11:08 PM
I have enough man boobage that it fills an A cup, but I'm a bit heavy, so it isn't quite so noticeable.

boardpuppy
08-13-2010, 11:28 PM
One loose fitting shirt is really all you need if you don't want the fact you are wearing a bra noticied. As fare as your GF, she knows you wre wearing a bra. Underdressing 24/7 and wearing cute girl jeans with a drab shirt is really fairly normal for most CDers who have not come out.

Hugs,
Alice

AKAMichelle
08-14-2010, 11:26 AM
It felt great, but I had forms in the bra when i first went out.

kimdl93
08-14-2010, 11:39 AM
sounds like fun - I've worn a bra and small enhancers under a sport coat or jacket w/o concern of revealing too much, but never with just a shirt.

I apologize for going off topic, but have you had the conversation with your GF? I really think its advisable, particularly if the relationship seems to be going some where.

Teri Jean
08-14-2010, 12:30 PM
I also had my forms in my bra and it felt great. My sister in law was put out as mine were bigger and more perky than hers. LOL ROTF Since then we share so much.

Jay Cee
08-14-2010, 05:09 PM
sounds like fun - I've worn a bra and small enhancers under a sport coat or jacket w/o concern of revealing too much, but never with just a shirt.

I apologize for going off topic, but have you had the conversation with your GF? I really think its advisable, particularly if the relationship seems to be going some where.

No apology required, Kim. We've had a conversation or two or three about it. She is uber supportive, and has gone shopping with me a few times. My openly admitting to her that I want to crossdress has actually improved our relationship and sex life. I'd say that the only downer for her is that she isn't sure exactly how far I am going to go with this (ie: transitioning). I'm not sure, either. One day at a time, I suppose.

boardpuppy: Actually, she didn't know, until I came out and told her halfway through our shopping trip.

Now I suppose I need to find some of these cute girl jeans that you have mentioned. Well, I need new pants anyways. :)

PretzelGirl
08-15-2010, 09:48 AM
Mine made me more cautious. The first time I wore a bra in drab, I was formless and had on a loose hoodie. My wife and I went grocery shopping and ran into a guy from a group of friends that hug a lot. When he walked up to me, I went for the low position to get his arms over my shoulders so he wouldn't feel the band. He still managed to pat my back, but not low enough. :whew!:

RachelPortugal
08-16-2010, 03:27 AM
The first time I plucked up the courage to wear a bra in public, apart from the walks around the block or in a park after dusk or early mornings when I was least likely to be seen (although the thought of being spotted was a bit exciting), was when I was travelling back from Seattle to the UK. I was totally underdressed - panties, bra and breast enhancers - with stretch female jeans, a white polo shirt, tennis shoes, baseball cap and a denim jacket.

Well, I reached airport security and was asked to remove my denim jacket - I had not considered that it would be treated as a coat. Well I knew from having seen myself in the mirror in my hotel room that the bra was totally noticeable through the shirt. I did not want to rouse any security suspicions and duck out of the long queue to go to the gents and change, so, in for a penny in for a pound, I took off the jacket put it in the x-ray tray and walked through the metal detector - not looking back at the queue for any reactions.

I collected my cap, bag and jacket and hurried away from the busy security area. After a while my nerves calmed and I realised that for several minutes I had been walking around the concourse with my jacket over my arm. So I did not put it on again. What happened on the flight is another story.

Edwina
08-16-2010, 03:43 AM
The first time I wore a bra under a darkish fairly loose golf shirt I thought nobody would notice. Then I had to queue in a stong wind from behind :eek: The straps would have been noticeable to the lady behind me as Iconfirmed later when I pulled the shirt against me:D
Still, the sky didn't fall.

ringedjohn
08-16-2010, 04:21 AM
The very first time I wore a bra in public - under an opaque shirt - an ex-secretary of mine came up behind me in a supermarket and put her arms around me. :o

She must have felt the underwires - but nothing was said, either then or on subsequent occasions. It was totally unexpected - we had never had any involvement of any kind.

I have worn bras, under shirts, many times since.:)

Jay Cee
08-16-2010, 06:29 AM
Mine made me more cautious. The first time I wore a bra in drab, I was formless and had on a loose hoodie. My wife and I went grocery shopping and ran into a guy from a group of friends that hug a lot. When he walked up to me, I went for the low position to get his arms over my shoulders so he wouldn't feel the band. He still managed to pat my back, but not low enough. :whew!:

Reminds me of later in my shopping trip, the gf and I ran into a friend of hers who is kind of huggy. I ducked out of that before her arms could get any where near me. Phew!

Amanda Stubbs
08-16-2010, 06:53 AM
It seems most of the replies are about 'underdressing' while in 'bobmode'. These days there is a distinct line between my two sides, if I'm male dressed I'm male dressed, total. I spend most of my tme femme dressed though, total.
The first time, wearing a bra in public, for me was when I was about 13 and out shopping with my next door neighbour, Frances, she was my girlfriend at the time and I was wearing her clothes !