PDA

View Full Version : First Responders and Crossdressing

AmiFL
08-14-2010, 12:05 AM
Since I have joined this site, I have met 3 other members who are retired police persons (note the politically correct non gender identification) All of them are absolutely stunning in their feminine attire.

Well how many of us are there? Retired or still on the job.

First responderers are by far in the top of the scale in high stress jobs. I found that my slipping into my feminine persona was very much a relief from stress. Not that a GG could not do my job, but becoming Ami ( she did not have a name then) was soothing......

scarlett
08-14-2010, 12:30 AM
I was a volunteer firefighter ( to be PC) for 9 years and a field instructor for a state fire academy for 7. One of my pet peeves, grammatically is "first responder". I am old enough you see to remember the initiation of the concept of CPR, which was to be administered by the first responder. The first responder concept was that the person who witnessed an event and took the first action is the first responder. So if Joe (or Josephine if that's who you are that day) sees someone have a heart attack or similar event and calls 911 and starts CPR then THEY are the first responder. The dispatcher taking the call is the second responder, to be technical. The responding ambulance or engine may be the primary responders but they are certainly not the first. This misnomer demeans the role of the individual as a lifesaver. It is a fine example of the media altering our language to a "newspeak".

AmiFL
08-18-2010, 01:23 PM
There have to be more of us out here......

kimdl93
08-18-2010, 02:47 PM
I have notices a lot of prior service military, police and other health professionals on here. I'm prior service, but just 2 year hitch, so I don't really count. Still, I know they are here.

Alicia_lynn419
08-18-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm not a "first responder", but I do work in the fire services on the prevention and education side. I work with a lot of police, fire and EMT personnel, so at work I have to be real careful about my girl side.

Kerrylee61
08-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Me too... Fire/Medic for 30 plus years. How the heck did I get involved in what was then a Male Macho world? Last place I thought I'd end up in life but there you go. Not a career I'd recommend to my children. It's a tough row to hoe and it leaves a lot of emotional/physical scars to say the least.

Kerry Lee

Alberta_Pat
08-18-2010, 06:02 PM
I too served some time as a volunteer fire fighter. Ended up running the pump by the time I had to give it up due to a move.

The term "First responder" in my case was the "official government designation", and denoted the level of training involved.

While the first person to lay hands on the patient may be considered the first responder, we actually considered that person as the "initial" responder.

In British Columbia, the "First Responder" designation is actually applied to a person with specific medical training, and has some fairly significant responsibilities attached.

The Samritan laws do not apply as they would to a first aider.

kimdl93
08-18-2010, 06:04 PM
A good friend - an EMT - killed himself not to many months ago. I never saw it coming, but in retrospect, one can only wonder how many nasty situations he had dealt with over the years.

tanyalynn51
08-18-2010, 10:28 PM
I guess in my job, working with the homeless, I get there first in a lot of emergencies at our place. Ive come to be the first person called while waiting on 911 to get there when I am at work. I dont consider myself the equivalent by any means of you firefighters and policemen and women (the hell with pc- pc to me is a computer). You have my utmost respect, and I dont even care if someone I know is reading this- you more than deserve to do whatever you want.:thumbsup:

JeanDoe
08-19-2010, 04:13 AM
Maybe I can extend the scope of the discussion: I am an airline pilot.

I suppose CDing goes with not only the stress of the functions but also with the responsibilities, the necessity for us to make quick decisions, etc... Which all go down to stress...

For me, CDing is a way of cooling down, taking care of my little self...

gailprice
08-19-2010, 07:28 AM
Well i am still a working fire officer in London

Jenny Doolittle
08-19-2010, 07:42 AM
Count me as one. Retired law enforcemnt for 28 years, retired now and loving that the stress is gone and I am slowly enjoying coming out of my self emposed gender shell.

Alicia_lynn419
08-19-2010, 06:29 PM
I applaud you all - first responder, law enforcement, fire fighter, EMT, pilot... not jobs but for a select few. We can, and should feel proud of what we do - even if we need to be extra vigilant about hiding in the professional realm. It just goes to show, it takes more than a "real man" to take these jobs (or wear a dress)! HAHA

kaitlin
08-19-2010, 08:10 PM
Retired (medical) EMT-Paramedic, Fire fighter, Technical Rescue! Even did 4 years as a reserve Police officer. The last few years, under dressed every shift!

Alicia_lynn419
08-19-2010, 09:35 PM
@ Kaitlin - YOU GO GIRL!

lucky one
08-19-2010, 09:40 PM
I am an EMT and have been in some bad scenarios as others in these fields of work have. I volunteer to do this, and I love every minute of it. I would not trade the chance of being able to help someone when they are at there worst and need someone to be there for them (one way or another). I have been crossdressing for years secretly of course. recently i have been able to slowly come out to my wife and I man very slowly but once it started it was like aball rolling down a hill. she actually enjoys buying matching outfits for us to wear. she thinks I look cute in my frilly things and she is even teaching me the fine art of style.....(what you can wear with this but not with that).
I could not be happier to be able to share this with my wife. Keep in mind my wife was the hardcore manly man type of girl and would never have been with someone who likes to dress like a girl. just goes to show you never know....if you love someone enough anything is possible. we have no secrets at all anymore, I can honestly say I married my best friend.....it took 9 years to find her but she is definately here. we have never been this close and I love to go shopping for girly things and I dont even care what people think when we are digging through the racks talking about how we can match and waht colors look good on me . I guess my point is this, sometimes something as simple as a pair of panties at the right time could lead to the happiest marriage you could ever want. sorry for going on so long , I just hope more people re as lucky as I am.

kissses

kimdl93
08-19-2010, 10:15 PM
/ I guess my point is this, sometimes something as simple as a pair of panties at the right time could lead to the happiest marriage you could ever want. sorry for going on so long , I just hope more people re as lucky as I am.

kissses

If that isn't emancipation, what is. I mean really, its incredible when two people can just connect over something as simple as a pair of panties :)

brittany
08-19-2010, 11:25 PM
I am a local Firefighter/EMT, Swiftwater tech. Some tricky and scary situations. You see alot when you are the first into a situation when everyone depends on you. But at the end of the day I can sit back and say I helped someone in their biggest time of need. Sometimes I have been underdressed on a call, but doesnt really make a difference one way or the other because that is not what Im thinking about when Im at the aid of others

Joan_CD
08-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Started as a police officer and retired as a firefighter. Also served 27 years on a volunteer rescue squad. I have seen it all from these three positions.

patti1569
08-20-2010, 03:28 PM
I was a Police officer and EMT for five years and served on a multi-jurisdictional SWAT team. I left the stress to chase the money in the computer/corporate world. I hated every minute of that, and really missed helping people, so I left and am now in nursing school. I hope to work in the ER or critical care, and my dream job is to become a flight nurse. Dressing totally helps with the stress levels!! It's great to relax and get in touch with my fem side for awhile to unwind.

RikkiHauser
08-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Been in LE for 18 years now. For the last few years I have been in an administration position, which meant I could under dress without worrying about anything. However, I recently received a promotion that put me back out on the street. While I am not in uniform, I'm definitely not able to under dress there. Way too many chances for me to get injured or get in an accident. My entire crew would ask to be transferred if they saw me laying there with my clothes cut off while wearing thigh highs and panties. I've already noticed an increase of wanting to dress because I have been doing less of it.

Berta82
08-20-2010, 09:18 PM
25+ years as Firefighter/Paramedic, 2 major surgeries due to the job, both which nearly ended my career. Still pluggin along and love every minute of it. Please be safe out there to all fellow "first responders".:)

lucky one
08-21-2010, 10:07 PM
It's a shame that people who respect you and the job you do, would turn on you in a second if they knew about the clothes you wear . Even though it does not change who you are inside or the job you work so hard at. Who knows maybe some of the people ZI work with do the same thing...:)
Oh well my wife says who cares what other people think and ypu know what thats good enough for me. :)

somehow i dont think the guy depending on you keeping him alive gives a damn either way what underwear you have on. good luck out there and be safe brothers and/or sisters (depends on the day) :)

Loni
08-21-2010, 10:10 PM
well i am qualified to make a phone call. would this make me a "first responder"?

other than that...well.......:eek:

Michelle I
08-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Retired law enforcement 27 years:D

Sarah Doepner
08-21-2010, 11:02 PM
I wasn't an officer but worked as a civilian in Law Enforcement for over 30 years before I retired. I'm glad to get out of the cop shop. There was always training on how to treat members of the various ethnic and sexual minority communities, and on the surface it worked well. However it didn't go very deep. Rikki has it right, if they had ever figured me out as a crossdresser (being a liberal was bad enough) I would have had no credibility from that point on. I'm much happier now, thank you.

patricia 402
08-21-2010, 11:47 PM
im a nobody, and just want to say THANK YOU to all of you.

Barbara Joanne74
08-21-2010, 11:56 PM
Interesting thatthis topic comes up. I work ft as a FF/paramedic and volunteer as a medic with my home dept. Just last week I was dressed in girl jeans, bra (a-cup forms)tanktop,and a sweatshirt when my pager goes off for a serious car crash......hmmmm what's a girl to do?

drive on up to it, get out and throw my bunker coat on, pull the forms out, glove up and get to work.

it happened so fast that I didn't really have tine to think about it, but hey, our patient survived, and I doubt they cared what I was wearing. after the call I took my coat off and drove on my way knowing I had help my community out.

Now all that said, there is no way I would under dress at my full time job. As mentiond in this thread already, there are too many risks of getting hurt, and them some of my own would have to work on me and discover my lil secret.

Barb

Oilpainter35
08-22-2010, 12:02 AM
I was a police officer in the service. A psychiatric tech at a private hospital. Both stressful jobs, and as others have said, it felt so great to get into my lingerie when I could and feel the stress leave my body. :2c:

Alice Torn
08-22-2010, 12:12 AM
I was a civilian security officer 3 1/2 yrs,also security police in the Air Force. I applaud you who were or still are, EMT, LE, FF, and other lifesaving positions.

AmiFL
08-22-2010, 12:30 AM
It is so nice of all of you to post here..... we have a unique bond with our professional and personal lives. Keep it up and keep it in your heart.

sometimes_miss
08-22-2010, 04:24 AM
I was an EMT as a teen, gradually moved up the career ladder. I no longer have the stamina to carry a reeves down six flights of stairs, doing cpr on each landing. Now I'd guess you'd call me a third or fourth responder. Still active and occasionally teach, BTW, so I'm trying to do my part.

Mollyanne
08-22-2010, 05:10 AM
I am retired, does that count??????

Mollyanne

RobynB
08-22-2010, 06:49 AM
I was a uniformed police officer and detective for 8 years.

renee k
08-22-2010, 07:00 AM

I suppose CDing goes with not only the stress of the functions but also with the responsibilities, the necessity for us to make quick decisions, etc... Which all go down to stress...

For me, CDing is a way of cooling down, taking care of my little self...

Hi Jean, You'll find lots of other girls here that share your profession. I'm an airline pilot as well.

Renee

kaitlin
08-22-2010, 08:07 AM
im a nobody, and just want to say THANK YOU to all of you.

First let me correct you a little, "im a nobody", wrong answer! At the very least you are a sister/member to all of us!! And second you are very welcome!:hugs:

weekend woman
08-22-2010, 10:42 AM
EMT many moons ago.

countrygirl
08-22-2010, 11:41 AM
Firefighter, EMT & Security Officer for awhile. Still do Security on the side, I have crossdressed all along the way. It was and still is a great stress relief. Just being able to put on a nice dress and just to have Amanda come out and play.

Joyce1702
08-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Retired police officer here, after 25 years.

Joyce

Tranny Tee
08-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Retired after 25+ years in corrections.

There used to be an organization Transgendered Officers Protect and Serve. I made several unsuccessful attempts to contact them years ago.

There is a widely held belief that men in jobs like law enforcement and the military have a higher incidence of crossdressing.

noeleena
08-23-2010, 05:24 AM
Hi .

If your interested .
We Have www.policepulse.com

I joined up some time ago. so if your in service or retired why not join up & even if your not serving you can join as a volunteer or supporters .
& its world wide,

I was with the fire service as a volunteer for our brigade in Springfield n Z & that covered the forestry dept as well.
any way just a thought ,

...noeleena...

Mary Morgan
08-23-2010, 05:33 AM
33 years combined military and law enforcement, but frankly I was dressing at the age of Five, so I don't see the connection. If it is stress, then I would imagine the place is full of doctors. I suppose the future will bring large numbers of oil and auto mfg execs to the forum.

Karinsamatha
08-23-2010, 05:39 AM
Hi Jean, You'll find lots of other girls here that share your profession. I'm an airline pilot as well.

Renee

Not a pilot but maintenance end of the industry. I also feel a sense of relief as I slip into something more comfortable at the end of the day, after having listened to the office "is it done yet, can we have it back tonight?"
:hugs:

Jenny J
08-23-2010, 11:39 PM

Me Too!

Jen

:rose2:

free2bejamie
08-23-2010, 11:58 PM
Hi Ami, its nice to see others in our field on here. I am a recently retired leo who has moved to florida to enjoy the warmth of the sun. It also gives me a fresh start to be who I really am. I look forward to meeting all the sisters in the area. Be the way I am east of orlando.

AmiFL
09-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Thanks for all the PM's I got from other retirees. It is understandable to be afraid to be recognized here. One of the PM's was from the town I retired from up north. I labored with posting my pictures but then figured what the heck, my wife will out me some day anyway. Also I didn't hestitate fighting off a knife attack, nor did I not run into a buring apartment to save a woman. So I do not have to prove my manhood even if I like how I look as a woman.

Keep posting and PMing......

Rachael502
09-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Former police officer!

Danlp
09-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Hi Tanyalynn,
I love your comment about PC.
Danielle

VikkiVixen7188
09-02-2010, 04:59 PM
I am in Academy to become a corrections worker in a super-max right now.