PDA

View Full Version : The urge....

randumbness
08-14-2010, 06:03 PM
With my time being limited and living with new roommates for the summer has put a pause on my female indulgences. I was so glad that one drunk night my old roommates were so accepting of my female self that we even played around with her and gave me the courage to go out as Tina. That went on for a while. I'm supposed to be rooming with them for the fall quarter, but for the summer, I'm subleasing with a few new roommates until my friends get back from study abroad and we find a place to move.

If you don't want to read my long run around for this question, skip to here. So my question is, for those who have limited time or resources to dress, does it come like an urge to dress and somehow keep bugging you? Or do you have patience? Because it has been bugging me for the last two weeks and I miss wearing my short shorts and shaving my legs. :(

KristinSkye
08-14-2010, 07:02 PM
I'm speaking from personal experince here, but when I did have limited time and resources to dress it would start to bug me. Usually it would take 2-3 months, but the urge would certainly get pretty bad. This was actually the reason how I found out that CDing wasn't just a "phase" because no matter how hard I tried to ignore the urge it would keep coming back.

It sounds like you may unfortunatly have to hold off for a bit. Are you still living near your old roomates? Perhaps you could plan a night out as Tina and just stay with one of your old friends.

purity_fox
08-14-2010, 07:38 PM
I find that as my time and resources get fewer, the urge to dress comes on stronger. Then I can't wait until the first opportunity comes along. When I have more time and things to wear, it doesn't seem to matter as much.

sandra-leigh
08-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Are you willing to go out in your own hair, or alternately is your wig pretty much "put on and go" without needing lots of detangling?

If the answer is Yes, then put your skirt and top on, put something on over-top of them (you'd be surprised how big of a skirt fits down the legs of jeans without anyone noticing), go out somewhere, find a place that isn't being watched for a moment (unisex bathroom is good, but behind a dumpster does in a pinch), slip off the coverings and a moment later walk out as Tina.

Yeah, I used to do the above. Amazing how far I had to go sometimes to find a place that didn't happen to have someone happening to be walking by. One of the more successful locations for quick transformations was stairwells in parkades.

Note in connection with this: from the time I realized I was a crossdresser, I rarely had any hesitation about being seen wearing "women's clothes", but I didn't like being seen changing clothes in either direction, even when modesty wasn't a real issue. Dressed either way I could hold my head up with a "This is the way I am!" attitude, but while changing between I always felt vulnerable to criticism (and to people potentially mistaking my actions as being "indecent exposure")

Eva_nine
08-14-2010, 11:41 PM
that is really awesome that you have roomies that are cool about your cding. why cant you open up to the new roomates like you did with the old ones?

i have done the supergirl quick changes that sandra mentioned. i typically would get all the clothes, usually jeans bra and tiny tee, and toss on a baggy hoodie and drive to a less than busy street. pull off the hoodie, put on my wig and make up and go for a stroll. just a couple quick tips if you do a car change like me: dont lock your keys in your car a mile from home while wearin heels, this one was before i was out to my wife, so i was up a creek without a paddle. Also bring a wet wash cloth in a zip lock for make up removal before returning home.

or find another local CD who can host a change for you.

randumbness
08-15-2010, 12:31 AM
I
Are you still living near your old roomates? Perhaps you could plan a night out as Tina and just stay with one of your old friends.

Yeah, same with the phase thing. It just kept coming back no matter how many months I went without it. My old roommates will be living with me soon, but again, they're studying abroad and will come back at the end of this month, and that's when we'll look for a place to live for fall quarter. I have no places to change unless my roomies go out or something.

Are you willing to go out in your own hair, or alternately is your wig pretty much "put on and go" without needing lots of detangling?

That one needs so much detangling, but that's not my default favorite wig, I have three (though I really want a new one. xD I just LOVE wigs and hairstyles almost as much as I love corsets and shoes).

But but...my makeup! :O Seriously though, I like being able to pass completely so I feel safer when I have my makeup on. But thanks for the advice, I might try it out eventually. xD

that is really awesome that you have roomies that are cool about your cding. why cant you open up to the new roomates like you did with the old ones?

These are temporary roommates because my old ones will be back from study abroad shortly. I'm subleasing and when they get back, we're going to find another place for the rest of the school year, starting fall quarter. Thanks for the advice, funny story about the car though. hehehe.

I WISH I had another fellow CD to host a CD party or something, but sadly, there are very few of those I know. Rules said no zip codes, but if you know anyone that lives in the socal area, OR lives in Irvine especially, let me know! We could have a party! We'll do our makeup, go shopping, oh, it will be glorious!

KristinSkye
08-15-2010, 07:21 AM
I WISH I had another fellow CD to host a CD party or something, but sadly, there are very few of those I know. Rules said no zip codes, but if you know anyone that lives in the socal area, OR lives in Irvine especially, let me know! We could have a party! We'll do our makeup, go shopping, oh, it will be glorious!

Making a cross country road trip anytime soon? :P

Angie G
08-15-2010, 08:03 AM
Just shave your legs hun I keep my legs shaved 24/7 no one cares. Do you know that the new room mates won't accept Tina. May be worth a try girl.:hugs:
Angie

AKAMichelle
08-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Sure it does. If you can dress when you want then the cruelest of jokes is when you have no urge at all. It doesn't seem fair but that is cd'ing.

Amber Night
08-15-2010, 03:26 PM
I starts to bleed out of me when I dont get to dress. I recently was traveling for work for over four months and just never really had the time as we traveled to some less than civilized locations. But now that Im home I can get back into a routine.

randumbness
08-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Making a cross country road trip anytime soon? :P

If I had the cash, I would. :(

Yay, roommates might not be home for a bit...hehehee.

KristinSkye
08-15-2010, 03:51 PM
Yay, roommates might not be home for a bit...hehehee.

haha, go for it girl!

christiek
08-15-2010, 04:10 PM

If the answer is Yes, then put your skirt and top on, put something on over-top of them (you'd be surprised how big of a skirt fits down the legs of jeans without anyone noticing), go out somewhere, find a place that isn't being watched for a moment (unisex bathroom is good, but behind a dumpster does in a pinch), slip off the coverings and a moment later walk out as Tina.

Yeah, I used to do the above. Amazing how far I had to go sometimes to find a place that didn't happen to have someone happening to be walking by. One of the more successful locations for quick transformations was stairwells in parkades.

Note in connection with this: from the time I realized I was a crossdresser, I rarely had any hesitation about being seen wearing "women's clothes", but I didn't like being seen changing clothes in either direction, even when modesty wasn't a real issue. Dressed either way I could hold my head up with a "This is the way I am!" attitude, but while changing between I always felt vulnerable to criticism (and to people potentially mistaking my actions as being "indecent exposure")

Kinda reminds me of superman changing in the phone booth lol! If you do go out alone be very very careful.

Freddy12
08-15-2010, 08:00 PM
Just shave your legs hun I keep my legs shaved 24/7 no one cares. Do you know that the new room mates won't accept Tina. May be worth a try girl.:hugs:
Angie

I agree. I shave my legs, and underarms among other places and have never had anyone notice. It does make me feel feminine.

Go for it girl!

ladyinblack
08-16-2010, 01:21 AM
If I cant dress I think about it all the time It seems like that is all i think about these days

Gillian
08-16-2010, 01:33 AM
I find that long dry spells of maledom make my urges overpowering, but thank the lord above, my current situation gives me opportunity a couple of times a week for 7 hours at a time plus then shorter 1 1/2 hour sessions open up around them.

I get so excited I can't sleep on the nights before I get to be me! I have been awake since 4am today :D

kimdl93
08-16-2010, 08:57 AM
In a word - yes. Long answer - I feel edgy and a bit frustrated when I can't dress for some reason - for example now I have a step daughter living back at home and there are hours each morning when I can't dress.

Naomi Rayne
08-16-2010, 10:29 AM
Everyone earlier has explained the urges question as there are many different answers to this im gonna skip that part.

As far as trying to satisfy those urges, why not underdress? Roomates wont see that and you can at least somewhat attempt to satisfy your dressing needs. I underdress most of the time because i prefer to and it seems to do the trick most of the time.

kimdl93
08-16-2010, 10:37 AM
.....As far as trying to satisfy those urges, why not underdress? Roomates wont see that and you can at least somewhat attempt to satisfy your dressing needs. I underdress most of the time because i prefer to and it seems to do the trick most of the time.

Great suggestion - and I was asking myself why you wouldn't shave those legs everyday - whether you're dressing up or not. Shaved legs feel soooo much better.

Lexine
08-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Truth be told, this actually happened to me last month. I hadn't gone out as Lexi (or even gone on the forums for that matter) from July 7th until the end of the month. During the course of the month, I started noticing that I progressively became sadder. I tried to find out why this was happening and narrowed it down to Lexi not being out for a majority of the month.

The reason why I felt sad because of this was I considered Lexi as my twin - my sister - in addition to being the visual and behavioral aspect of my persona that I've recently discovered. So if you could imagine a cool relative or a loved one who you always hung out a lot with, who then unexpectedly leaves to go on vacation for several weeks without telling you, that's the kind of feeling I got when Lexi wasn't around.

With that said I now understand fully what happens to the girls here who decided to purge at one point, then all of a sudden felt that insatiable need to dress up, all within a months time.

And, as you all probably tell, Lexi's back and better than ever before ;)

dee anne
08-16-2010, 10:15 PM
urges and patiences I have them both. I have purged a number of times and reget losing some nice outfits. But I always start thinking that I like that skirt or dress and then it wears me down until I get a chance to dress. I am dressed now after having buying panties, bra. cami, panty hose some heels and a neat pant suit. BACK IN THE SADDLE.

Dee anne

Cherie
08-16-2010, 11:35 PM
When i was younger and family comitments and still so unsure of who i was i had a longing to dress allways but now i have time i dress every night, but the absolute need to has gone now its because Cherie is me i have finally accepted who i am. male by day female at night and love it:daydreaming:

dominique
08-17-2010, 06:29 AM
My longest period off non dressing is ending on thursday. The way I get over this is just looking forward no matter how long the period is. Also find something to do when you are not dressing helps to keep the mid off it a bit, so your not fretting all the time.

Nichola
08-18-2010, 09:03 AM
If you don't want to read my long run around for this question, skip to here. So my question is, for those who have limited time or resources to dress, does it come like an urge to dress and somehow keep bugging you? Or do you have patience? Because it has been bugging me for the last two weeks and I miss wearing my short shorts and shaving my legs. :(

For me, not a day goes by without feeling the urge or just thinking about it.
I have a busy worklife & very limited private time so when I do get the chance it's such a rush for me. I sometimes go two to three weeks without having the chance to have a little fun & without a doubt it bugs me!

Nichola
x