PDA

View Full Version : Backseam Fun

Dee Baker
08-14-2010, 08:19 PM
I adore hosiery of all types but I especially like stockings. I love wearing stockings and garter belt and have many in black, white, taupe, navy, RHT, RT, RH, Cuban heel, French heel, backseam…
It’s really been too hot to wear hosiery lately and like the GGs I’ve been going bare legged. Had the desire to put some stockings on a couple weeks ago but just didn’t do it. I remembered my grandmother talk of how all the girls drew backseams on their legs during the war because stockings were so hard to come by and I decided to give it a try.

It was lots of fun and I surprisingly got the lines pretty straight. I was impressed that the seams stayed on and didn’t rub off on my skirt or on the furniture and it was much cooler than wearing stockings.
I used a Cover Girl midnight brown and the contrast was perfect, at just a few feet it looked just like backseam stockings.
It was so much fun emulating the girls of yesteryear and drawing backseams on my legs.

Alberta_Pat
08-14-2010, 08:59 PM
I remembered my grandmother talk of how all the girls drew backseams on their legs during the war because stockings were so hard to come by and I decided to give it a try.

It was so much fun emulating the girls of yesteryear and drawing backseams on my legs.

I recall my mother telling me about this same thing. She also told me that some tried using indelible pencil for eye shadow, and vanilla extract for perfume.

They definitely were inventive back then.

Oh! She also told me about the drawback of indelible pencil. It turns bright purple when it gets wet, and won't come off with water.

Angie G
08-14-2010, 09:22 PM
It is cool enough tonight to wear hose. So I've got on a pair of thigh highs I'm loving it.:hugs:
Angie