PDA

View Full Version : Drag Show

randumbness
08-15-2010, 12:42 AM
I've been to a gay club, I've seen online drag shows. But I have never seen a drag show in PERSON! The worst part is, I want to JOIN a drag show. Or even join a profession that allows drag, like a waitress or something. Sorry, just general frustration. Anyone else feel the same way? Or does anyone have any connections to local drag queens in southern california?

Kate Simmons
08-15-2010, 04:19 AM
Yep, although I'm not a DQ (drag queen) per se, I've been in shows and it's a lot of fun Hon.:)

noeleena
08-15-2010, 05:52 AM
Hi ,

To me its the exhibitionst thats wont to be in front of people & show off .
Iv been to two shows & i dont see a problem most are guys & doing impersonating iv met a few . .
if thats your thing then go for it .
the best i could find is try this or your local papers ,

southern california drag shows drag queens.

if you have a look you may find some there,
theres quite a few ,

...noeleena...

Billie1
08-15-2010, 06:05 AM
I'd certainly love to try the over-the-top make up, costumes and hair, (who wouldn't) I don't think (there's an understatement!) I could pull off the song and dance aspect.

It would sure be fun to give it a go, though!

Paulacder
08-15-2010, 06:33 AM
I have ben to several Drag Shows while dressed in Fem. My observations have ben that it takes a lot of talent to perform on stage such as I have seen. Some performances have ben better than others but never the less it takes guts to get on a stage. I was at a Drag Show several years back and it was announced that there was going to be a contest for, Best Legs..Best Make Up...Best Hair.....Best Dressed. The contest was open to all Crossdressers present at the club, including the Drag performers. I am very proud to say that I won the Best Legs....So needless to say I have nothing but fond memories of Drag Shows.....

Angie G
08-15-2010, 07:37 AM
Go for it hun.:hugs:
Angie

Mi$$ Despair
08-15-2010, 09:53 AM
I never had connections when I started, I can actually sing and write my own lyrics that is what made me stand out plus it allowed me to do other events and concerts outside of the gay club scene.

My best advice to get started is:

Look for any contest on-line, flyers, where ever or ask the manager at the club I'm sure he'll know... Alot of clubs are looking to see fresh blood and usually give anyone a chance as long as you enter, where I live they are always having one every couple weeks with new girls.

As for a career in it I hate to be the bad girl :devil: but seriously if you don't have something that'll make you STAND APART from everyone elseit's pretty much a hopeless cause.:sad:

lisalove
08-15-2010, 10:46 AM
I'm actually going to a drag show tonight. I'll be leaving in a couple hours to go to a friend's house to get my make up done and ride with them to the show.
I spent most of yesterday, shaving my whole body and picking out an outfit to wear. Now I have to pick something out to wear over to their house.

randumbness
08-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Oh, it's not a permanent job, just a job to keep wages, like waitressing, but letting me do it in drag. And what better to do that then a drag show with drinks or something? But drag shows would be fun. Sadly, I can only dance, not really sing in the female octave. I can sing and play an instrument, but in the male octave. -_- We'll see how things work with a bit of research. Thanks for the replies guys.

jenifer m.
08-15-2010, 09:11 PM
by the way you look great.yes i go to some gay clubs here in florida,and have even performed twice.between both times i made thirty plus in tips.and im not even that good.just imagine what the girls who do it well can make.

Aeify
08-15-2010, 09:40 PM
The shows are tons of fun...def check one out first...let us know what you think!

Christina89
08-16-2010, 11:43 PM
i have thought about becoming a Drag Queen to and i have even became friends with a drag queen on Facebook and have talked to them about what it is like.

cici1231
08-16-2010, 11:46 PM
Hehe If you go to japan theres lots and people acutally enjoy your accompany =) clubs such as the french maid is an great example Haha not sure if it fits you fashion zone tho :S

Christinedreamer
08-17-2010, 12:34 AM
I used to practically live at the good ol Queen Mary in Studio City and fell head over heels in love with one of the stars. (S)he now performs at Ripples in Long Beach and other WEHO (West Hollywood) shows.

Some performers can sing live but most just lip sync. Some are great and some are terrible. It takes practice and development of good stage technique.

You look great in the Avatar so if you have the resolve to practice practice, PRACTICE you might really enjoy it and make some great tips as well.

Many of the past performers at the QM were in mainstream feature movies and TV shows.

kimdl93
08-17-2010, 09:55 AM
Waitressing en femme might be a good way to deal with the problem you have mentioned in another post - about not having girl time with your temporary room mates.

If its safe, not demeaning and the pay is satisfactory, why not go for it!

docrobbysherry
08-17-2010, 10:07 AM
U only live ONCE, u know!:thumbsup:

If I had started dressing around YOUR age, I'm pretty sure I would have been involved in DQing or female impressionism on stage!:o

I would suggest hanging out at the nearby club you'd like to work/appear at!:)

Get to know the other "girls" there! Let them KNOW what u wish to do. Eventually, your opportunity will APPEAR!:D

pinki
08-17-2010, 03:34 PM
I think you should go and apply to be a waitress. I guess it would be easier if it was at a bar that specializes in drag shows, but there are plenty of bars and restaurants that would be happy to have you as yourself. Once you get comfortable you can decide how dramatic you would like to be. And it might lead to being in a Drag show if that is your goal.

kimdl93
08-17-2010, 03:43 PM
I think you should go and apply to be a waitress. I guess it would be easier if it was at a bar that specializes in drag shows, but there are plenty of bars and restaurants that would be happy to have you as yourself. Once you get comfortable you can decide how dramatic you would like to be. And it might lead to being in a Drag show if that is your goal.

Great idea!

tricia_uktv
08-17-2010, 04:12 PM
I know a lot of drag queens and they want to do me over, but its not for me. I'm a t-girl. But if you want to drag up then do it! Life is about fun and we are all different.

Christinedreamer
08-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Hamburger Mary's in Weho has waitresses of all gender identities. Good pace to start.

Mona
08-17-2010, 09:20 PM
I've wanted to be the announcer girl at a Drag show, haven't done it yet!