PDA

View Full Version : My latest dilemma

Melissa Pink
08-15-2010, 08:21 AM
I'm in the third month of my transition. Everything has much gone better than I expected so far. I'm discovering that most strangers are pleasant to me and genuine friends are very supportive. My latest hurdle has been the weather. It has been brutally hot in Western Tennessee like much of the United States this summer. My dilemma is this; I'm in my late forties and have "male pattern baldnesss". I have a nice collection of wigs including a cute fashionably short style that I purchased from Paula Young. I'm very active and enjoy outdoor sports like distance running, bicycling, hiking, swimming and fly fishing. Wearing one of my wigs has proved to be very impractical on a 12 mile training run. :eek: I wear a cap but I'm self conscious of my appearance when I'm out and about. Someone suggested the I allow my natural hair on the sides of my head to grow out and supplement my dome with a fitted hair piece that suits my naturally red hair. Surely, someone further along in their transgender journey has encountered this. Is anyone aware of any lighter and cooler wigs for active women? Any kind words of encouragement or suggestions would be appreciated! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Melissa

DeeInGeorgia
08-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Your idea of letting your hair grow out seems good. When it is long enough and if the hair you have is in the right place, you can put it back into a ponytail and stick it through the back opening of a baseball cap. Here in GA, I see a lot of women running with ball caps on with ponytails. No hairpiece would then be required.

Deanna

Stephenie S
08-15-2010, 09:23 AM
PM incoming.

Stephie

Melissa Pink
08-15-2010, 10:29 AM
Dee, Many females do wear a cap and drape their pony tails through the back of them. I'll give that a try. Stephanie, thanks for much for your thoughtful insight and P.M. I'll respond this afternoon!

Thanks again to you both! :hugs:

Melissa