PDA

View Full Version : would you?

sara_also
08-15-2010, 10:31 AM
We have all seen it. And yes, even at Walmart.
Would you as a CD, wear your flanell pj's and slippers out into the public?
I don't think I would feel like I was dressed enfem.
What about you?

lisalove
08-15-2010, 10:41 AM
Personally I find it discusting that people are so god damned lazy that they can't even bother getting dressed to go outside their house, let alone to any store.

Lorileah
08-15-2010, 10:44 AM
I avoid Wal-mart unless there is absolutely no other choice and don't wear flannel PJ's so I guess the answer is no

(and it s a really bad fashion style.)

AKAMichelle
08-15-2010, 01:10 PM
I don't understand wearing you pj's to walmart either. But I definitely have seen it including the huge houseshoes.

randumbness
08-15-2010, 01:42 PM
Being a college student, flannel isn't really my choice of PJs. Maybe my bottoms, but I'd be wearing a semi-normal shirt on top. Do that a lot when I'm too lazy to change and am just going to get groceries. But Wal-Mart? I'd rather be dressed in drag with overdone makeup and clothes that don't work than go in with flannel pjs.

t-girlxsophie
08-15-2010, 02:03 PM
I work nights in ASDA (uk branch of wal-mart*) and am forever seeing Grown women in the shop,in their pjs and fluffy slippers,some not in the cleanest state,I think its either laziness,or shock tactics but either way I don't think Its too clever.I know ppl are being barred in a lot of stores here in the U.K. from being dressed!! that way now

* I've noticed a lot of huffy,negative comments about wal-mart on here,Is it THAT bad a place?

:hugs:Sophie xx

Inna
08-15-2010, 02:40 PM
I don't want to be condescending or stereotypical but culture and hygiene are learned aspects of character and therefore reserved to those who were fortunate to have such instilled. Walmart isn't one of those highly cultured places and rather reminds of sad state of some of population. Fashion and basic skills of etiquette, (try to use this word there:)) do not apply. Do not take this statement as demeaning in any way, it is not a judgment against anyone's goodness but rather omitted opportunity of a cultural skill.

lori m crawford
08-15-2010, 03:02 PM
no but that is women or girls this day an age

KristinSkye
08-15-2010, 03:15 PM
But Wal-Mart? I'd rather be dressed in drag with overdone makeup and clothes that don't work than go in with flannel pjs.

+1 lol.

But yeah there's no way you'd see me dressed like that in public. To me dressing like that defeats the objective of feeling feminine. I could don that attire in guy mode and head out to WM if I wanted! (which I also wouldn't ever do :P).

Michaela42
08-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Go to Slave-Mart? No!:eek:

also no on the wearing bed clothes (or anything ripped, stained, dirty, or otherwise only fit for the gym or yard work) in public

Alberta_Pat
08-15-2010, 06:10 PM
There is just no understanding how some people dress. ;)

But, failing to dress in street clothing has got to be one of the ugliest things I have ever seen.

Kathryn Martin
08-15-2010, 06:12 PM
It is really a decay of culture if you ask me. It is inappropriate and speaks to the lack of respect of others and the lack of self esteem of the person.

I wouldn't be caught dead in my pjs in public ....

*phew didn't even know where THAT came from*:o

Ashleythenewgirl
08-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Personally I find it discusting that people are so god damned lazy that they can't even bother getting dressed to go outside their house, let alone to any store.

I love that response!!! I was just going to say hell no in either boy mode or en femme. But you can't beat that response...

Samantha Girl
08-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Well I probably wouldn't. However with me it's always complicated. A. I don't shop at Walmart for political reasons, make of that what you will. And B. I don't really enjoy wearing dressed down girly clothes like PJs. Everytime I dress up it's always heels, makeup, fishnets, etc whether I am going out or not. I just love trashy clothes, that's just my style :p So this scenario isn't that appealing to me. I could totally see why this might be fun for others though, so have at it girls! :D

EDIT: P.S. I don't have a problem with women dressing like this in public, I suppose it's not particularly classy, but hey, not my problem ;)

wtb Jessica
08-15-2010, 07:56 PM
To each their own but no. Also have you stopped to think their might be a reason. Most of the GG's i know would not normaly do that but when they are sick or something like that they been known to.

Angie G
08-15-2010, 08:49 PM
God NO!:hugs:
Angie

jenifer m.
08-15-2010, 09:16 PM
no i wouldent. thats tacky.

Kari Lynn Franks
08-15-2010, 09:25 PM
there is only one thing I would have to say EEEEEWWWWWW

Karinsamatha
08-15-2010, 09:29 PM
In a word No. I know that there are people out there with no class - and that just proves the point.
:hugs:

Jay Cee
08-15-2010, 09:30 PM
I generally avoid Wallyworld like the plague. Or my male self does. Jessie seems to have few qualms about going there. :)

As far as the pj's thing - I find it funny more than anything. I guess at least they have gone to the trouble of wearing something. If they showed up nude... that might become offensive.

Live and let live, I say. Walmart is about the last place that I'd expect to have a dress code.

NathalieX66
08-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Nope.
I wouldn't want to look like anything that I wouldn't want look like as a person.

kimdl93
08-16-2010, 08:54 AM
that is not my style. I would never venture out that way... most of my clothes are at least busiess casual.

Chari
08-16-2010, 09:33 AM
Appalling!! Have seen gals and guys in that type of attire - even in the malls. No matter what my gender, I would NEVER do that as I have more class than that - ALOT more class!!!

Tina B.
08-16-2010, 09:43 AM
never, I would have to drive an hour and a half just to get to a Wal-Mart, and I'm not doing it in PJ's. Not that I would be seen in a Wal-mart anyway. I don't care for their business model.
Tina B.

Emma England
08-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Not a chance.

Do you not have any respect for others?

A woman was banned from Tesco in Wales for turning up in pj's.

People should show decency with appearance.

As for being lazy, how long does it take to put on a shirt and skirt?

Ellen James
08-16-2010, 01:47 PM
I've never dared to go farther than an early morning walk into the yard to get my newspaper and immediately return.:doh: There is an older gentleman living near house who spends extensive amounts of time out and around his house in his pjs and I've already told my wife that if she catches me doing that she has my permission to immediately send me to the home. :eek:

christiek
08-16-2010, 02:13 PM
Pj's? What are those? lol! I prefer a cami and panties or my silk gown (in the winter only) If I ventured out in what I normally wear to bed I'm sure I would get looks of a different kind! In fact forget the looks I'd prolly be arrested. Hopefully by a hawt cop!

Post 100 btw YAY!

kristinacd55
08-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Not I. A nice nightie would do, but I'd have to have my satin robe over the top of it! :)

Jenny Gurl
08-16-2010, 05:55 PM
One of my favorite shows by the way.

No, I would not wear my nightgown or pj's out in public.

http://tlc.discovery.com/tv/what-not-to-wear/

Lexine
08-16-2010, 07:36 PM
I don't have a nightgown, but I do have a femme cami and PJs. The ONLY WAY I'd go in these is if I have slippers, my wallet, forms, and bra. And if I shaved.

Darn, I guess the answer is no. LOL

carrie-ann
08-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Never ever!!!!!! I dress for theove of it. Why as a TG/CD would you ever do that. It's hard enough to us already. So when we do dress to go out we have to dress as good as we can.Ook at least it gives us some one to point too when some one says something to us about dressing. We can always say dress like her or me lol.

Andromeda
08-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Absolutely not. Well may be in an emergency but only in male mode.

Danni Bear
08-16-2010, 09:38 PM
to the mailbox or to get paper from driveway maybe. other than that noway

:hugs:
Danni

Tina L.
08-16-2010, 09:51 PM
I second Lisalove.

RachelPortugal
08-17-2010, 03:10 AM
I believe that people should be able to go out wearing whatever they feel comfortable in.

All the cd'ers on here wear clothes designated for the opposite gender and want to be accepted, so why should nightwear not be accepted as streetwear if someone feels comfortable and confident to go out dressed as such.

I know some stores have dress codes for customers. I have come across quite a few on my travels - no PJs, no bare feet, no bare tops, no bikini tops, no sleeveless tops, no swimwear, - the list goes on and on. That is the store's perogative to impose such rules for their own image or for health and safety reasons.

But who are we to criticise how someone goes out dressed.

Foot note: There are some stores at naturist resorts where you can do your shopping naked, but as a friend said to me recently - would you frequent a store where your fruit and veg has been in close proximity to another persons genitalia.