PDA

View Full Version : Ventured in Women's Territory

AKAMichelle
08-15-2010, 10:16 PM
There are some things that we can do which really pushes the envelope. I am going to tell you about my adventure in Women's Territory.

The date is August 15, 2010 on a Sunday. I wanted to get a manicure and pedicure before a party that I was going to. So I found a nail salon open on Sundays. I thought it would be a slow day, but was I ever wrong. I called ahead to get an appointment at 3PM since I didn't want to wait forever in case they only had 2 people working. That wasn't a problem. They had 6 nail technicans working today which was a very bad sign. There were 8 women in the salon to get their nails when I walked in. While I sat there a woman looked right at me and smiled a huge smile. That's when it hit me. I think that it was my neighbor. If I am right then the neighbors know. :devil:

I had to wait just a short time before a pedicure chair opened up. There were 5 chairs and yes I got the middle one. I had already picked out my nail polish so I was good to go. I have had pedicure in male mode before this was a first for Michelle. What a treat. I almost fell asleep because it was so relaxing. Yes I got a beautiful pink color on my toe nails. Then it was time for my manicure. I wanted to get a french manicure and I got my wish. Then it was time for UV light. Unfortunately I didn't wait long enough because I screwed up 2 of the nails after I left. Live and learn. This was an experience and a half because I did it solo and close to my house. I didn't really think about it much until I saw my possible neighbor. I am definitely hooked and will now continue the ritual and get my nails done on a regular basis.

Sarah Doepner
08-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Excellent Michelle! Keep your eye out for that neighbor and see if you might just have a new friend in the neighborhood.

christiek
08-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Great story! I love your confidence! Even after seeing a possible neighbor! I made the same mistake the first time I got my nails done as well so don't feel too bad. It happens. As for going on a regular basis. Did you get acrylic? If so it is best to go in every 2 weeks and get a fill in. Either way its nice, if you can afford it, to go and get them done every few weeks for a few reasons. One of the main ones for me is relaxation! Pedicures are great for that! It helps relieve stress. I also usually get my eyebrows waxed when I go. Which means I am wearing little to no makeup. The best time I have found is to either go around 10-11 on a week day or be the first one in the morning on a Sunday unless you decide to do it later in the evening right before they close. That seems to be the times where there are less people. At least at the places I go to. (I have been going to the same place for year up until I moved.)

I can't wait to move back there and go back to where I used to go. I was a good customer for about 5 years and my grandmother was a good customer for at least 5 years before that if not longer. They got to know me very well. One time (I was working at a pawn shop) this guy came into work and bought a generator (sp?) I was holding the dolly still while he worked the generator onto it so he could push it out to his truck. He ended up pushing too hard and cracked my nail in half. The crack was so far down that it started bleeding. He offered to pay for it but I told him it was fine that they would fix it for free. I really needed a new set badly or at least a fill in. When I went in Keith looked at them and asked if I wanted to go ahead and get a full set (minus the one that was broken since he didn't want to take a chance on messing my actual nail up any worse). I explained to him that I didn't have the money at the time to get them done or even for just a fill in. To my surprise he said "don't worry about it! You have been a good customer for so long. It's on "our house"" I grinned from ear to ear!

Most of the people that work at those sorts of places are extremely nice caring people. And they don't care one bit what you look/sound like. I hope you continue to go and enjoy yourself.

AKAMichelle
08-15-2010, 10:57 PM
No acrylics. I am going to enjoy the french manicure until later in the week when I will have to remove the polish. But I plan on going every week to my manicure updated and every other week for the pedicure. I might have to reconsider the place since this was a big nail salon and even if this wasn't my neighbor I could run into one of them.

Jamie001
08-16-2010, 01:43 AM
Why does it matter if you run into your neighbor? You are not doing anything wrong. Why give your neighbors control over your life?

No acrylics. I am going to enjoy the french manicure until later in the week when I will have to remove the polish. But I plan on going every week to my manicure updated and every other week for the pedicure. I might have to reconsider the place since this was a big nail salon and even if this wasn't my neighbor I could run into one of them.

Persephone
08-16-2010, 02:03 AM

Congrats on your adventure, Michelle!

I have my acrylics filled every two weeks and a pedicure about every six weeks to two months and I think that is pretty indulgent.

But Wow! A manicure every week and a pedicure every two weeks! Now that is pure luxury indulgence!

Enjoy it and have fun!

BTW, French manicures typically take longer to dry, particularly the tips, because there are more coats of polish there. If you get your manicure done before your pedicure, your fingernails will have longer to dry and will be less likely to smudge.

Hugs,
Persephone.

eluuzion
08-16-2010, 02:24 AM
I do not believe there is such a thing as "coincidence". But I am amazed at how often you can run into somebody you know.

I traveled the entire U.S. for years and was continually mystified by the number of times I ran into people(non-business) I knew when I was in a different state. It was common in airports, but I am referring to the times when I was out and about in the cities.

It felt like I had some aura or something that attracted it. You know, like when you see a yellow jacket or a vicious dog...and try to avoid those vibes and adrenaline rushes that seal your fate when the bug or animal senses it...:heehee:

AKAMichelle
08-16-2010, 08:18 AM
Congrats on your adventure, Michelle!

I have my acrylics filled every two weeks and a pedicure about every six weeks to two months and I think that is pretty indulgent.

But Wow! A manicure every week and a pedicure every two weeks! Now that is pure luxury indulgence!

Enjoy it and have fun!

BTW, French manicures typically take longer to dry, particularly the tips, because there are more coats of polish there. If you get your manicure done before your pedicure, your fingernails will have longer to dry and will be less likely to smudge.

Hugs,
Persephone.

The reason for manicure each week is that I have to take the polish off each week because of being around my kids. But from Sunday to about Wednesday it is just little oh me here and I love the nails.

Thanks for the info about the nails taking longer to dry. that was my problem the tips got nicked. I knew to be careful with them but it didn't help since I messed up 2 of them anyway.

kimdl93
08-16-2010, 08:47 AM
Sounds like a great outing. My wife and I did mani/pedi's a couple weeks ago and we're planning to go back. Everyone was very pleasant to me...and I loved the experience

Daphne Renee
08-16-2010, 10:41 AM
sounds like you had a great time. I wouldnt worry about the neighbors too much.

Jenny Gurl
08-16-2010, 06:18 PM
Maybe you could carpool with your neighbor?:heehee::heehee: It bites not being out. I wish I was out to the world and could go and do anything I wanted but I have to weigh my relationship with my friends, coworkers, and family. I know if they are really friends or family they would understand, but no one is perfect and I simply choose to not rock the boat, for now...

AKAMichelle
08-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Maybe you could carpool with your neighbor?:heehee::heehee: It bites not being out. I wish I was out to the world and could go and do anything I wanted but I have to weigh my relationship with my friends, coworkers, and family. I know if they are really friends or family they would understand, but no one is perfect and I simply choose to not rock the boat, for now...

Very funny. I'm not sure if it was my neighbor since I hadn't seen her in about one year. I always talk with her husband and she stays in the house. If it was her I would have expected to see her with her daughter but no daughter.

Lexine
08-16-2010, 07:18 PM
I find this fascinating because there's a lot of guys who get manicures and pedicures here in California so when I went for my first manicure, everyone paid no mind.

Congratulations on getting a manicure and pedicure, Michelle! :D It feels really nice to be pampered doesn't it? :)

AKAMichelle
08-16-2010, 07:52 PM
I find this fascinating because there's a lot of guys who get manicures and pedicures here in California so when I went for my first manicure, everyone paid no mind.

Congratulations on getting a manicure and pedicure, Michelle! :D It feels really nice to be pampered doesn't it? :)

I have both a manicure and pedicure in male mode before and never had any looks. This was different because I was Michelle which did draw a little extra attention.

carrie-ann
08-16-2010, 08:23 PM
I get mine back filled every two weeks I love it. You will have a good time don't worry about who's there. Just smile and be polite.

Teri Jean
08-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Michelle, this is so wonderful and the fact you may have outed yourself to your neighbor is even more exciting. If it was, she may say something soon or just smile in passing. I have a standing appointment every two weeks with my manicurist. Because this girl has done mine fore a couple years we have become very good friends and we tease each other every so often. I love Jenna as she is a doll and friend. Have fun and don't worry.