PDA

View Full Version : My friend thinks I CD for attention. ?

FemmeElastique
08-16-2010, 04:06 PM
One of my best friends keeps saying that I CD for attention. Normally, I don't give a damn what others think but the fact that he thinks that bothers me. I won't tell him that. I just disagree with him. I just hate when he says that because it makes it seem like I have some sorta issue and it just sounds bad! Like a child acting up to get attention, whether it's negative or positive.

Some things about me: As some of you may know from previous posts, when I'm in drab, I live my life as a gay guy. It's almost as if I'm borderline transsexual, or at least transgender. I learned that I may be transgender from another CD who lives her life as a woman and as a man. She's somewhere in her life that I'd like to get to at some point...to wake up each day and decide if I feel like being a woman or a man for that day.

Ok, so, the gay community is very shallow and superficial. I don't meet their standard of beauty as a man. I don't have the look that the vast majority of them are looking for. I very rarely meet guys as a man and I've never had a relationship. The closest I've come to having one is when I lived in France for a year. I met guys alot and dated. Then I came back to the states to the same thing I had before, pretty much no love life. While in Europe, I started CDing occasionally for fetish parties. That's how it started. And I loved doing it! I loved the feeling of being a woman at the parties and I was treated and viewed differently as one. I decided to bring my CDing here. Eventually I started doing it more and more. With CDing came attention from guys, something I very rarely got as a man. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy doing it anyway. I'd say that meeting guys is definitely one of the perks. I also love being treated and viewed as a woman by people. It's different from being a man.

My friend has always met guys and had attention from them. When we would go out, he'd always be the one getting hit on. He's also had several relationships over the past years. So I really can't expect him to understand. I'm not used to being hit on as a guy. But when I CD, I increase those chances a lot. I enjoy the company of guys I meet when I'm a woman, and also other people I meet as well. And I've had these discussions with them. He understands, but still is adamant about me doing it for attention. The way he says it, usually via text message, sounds like I'm a huge attention seeker. We don't live in the same city so we talk and text a lot. He thinks that I do it just to go out and get hit on by guys. But it's more than that. Getting hit on by guys is nice, and it does make me feel desirable..I won't lie. But how can he understand? He gets hit on by guys all the time! One reason I CD in select places (bars, clubs) is because it will increase the chances of me being hit on by guys. Also, people are generally more attracted to me (not sexually, but just as far as conversation) when I'm a woman than when I'm a man. People are much more likely to come and talk to me. I'm more likely to make contacts, have conversations, and just meet people when I go out alone. It's just different. My friend gets those things as a man. I get those things as a woman. I believe that there has to be some sort of physical attraction for someone to want to get to know someone else, like in a bar or club setting. I attract much more people as a woman in those places than I do as a man. It really makes my night. I have a better time going out as a CD than I do in drab.

To me, CDing has opened different doors and experiences for me. CDing is also pretty much the only way that I can have even the chance to find anything distantly resembling my experiences in France. That's until I can get back because I do have a long term goal of immigrating to Europe. It's not just about CDing and guys, but different areas of my life were better when I was there and I feel like it's a right fit for me.

I don't consider myself an attention seeker. I never sought to be the center of attention as a child and I never seek it now. I never did bad things like children do just to get attention. Even as a child, I saw it as stupid to do bad stuff just to get fussed at or punished. Even now as an adult, when I CD, I carefully select places that I think would be ok for me to do it at. Places where I won't be the center of attention or draw negative attention. I don't like negative attention at all. I had the experience of receiving that before but it was not a good feeling. Also, as far as being an attention ***** (as he jokingly calls me), there are many situations that I've been in where I could have taken advantage of or even try to be the center of attention, but I never do. If someone is on a soapbox, I let them be. I won't fight to get my opinion into discussions where there's people talking non-stop. I don't see a need for it.

It just got me to thinking. Am I really doing it for attention from guys? If I am, does it matter if it works for me? Is that an invalid reason to CD, or does everyone who CDs do it for different reasons? I want to know what you girls think. I just don't like the idea of doing for attention. It sounds so bad. Or is it?

kimdl93
08-16-2010, 04:44 PM
I don't think its fair for someone else to tell you why you chose to CD or anything else. They can only see the world from their perspective. Would it be so wrong to be gay (strt or bi) and CD or gay(strt or bi) with a desire to be a woman? Or for that matter, any of the above with a desire to attract attention?

Alice Torn
08-16-2010, 04:56 PM
I admit, that there is the thrill of being noticed as an attractive woman, the attention, of it, but, not toooo much attention, that motivates me to make my rare appearances out. I have never been to a club or bar, because those places are so loud, I get a migraine, and don't like having to yell, to converse! Yes, you have part of you that really likes the attention. As a fellow single, with few friends, I can empathize with the desire for attention dressed as an attractive lady.

StaceyJane
08-16-2010, 05:02 PM
It's harder than you think to get attention as a CD.
I've gone to several public places crossdressed and nobody really pays any attention to me.
I've made videos of myself and later when I look at the videos I can tell no ones paying any attention to me.
I figure that either I pass 100% or no one really cares what I do.

krissy
08-16-2010, 05:10 PM
:eek::hugs:HI

do you like to dress,do you feel good doing it ,what dose it hurt just be you .enjoy yourself be happy life is oh so short just do it because it feels right to hell with what others try to tell you .:hugs: with love krissy

t-girlxsophie
08-17-2010, 11:02 AM
its pretty obvious that most of us DONT dress for attention,sure some may but definately not all,and as far as issues go,im sorry but it seems to me your friend is the one with issues IMO,maybe you need a heart to heart with your friend

:hugs:Sophie x

Olivia2
08-17-2010, 05:47 PM
So what if at least part of the reason you do dress is for attention? Women dress for attention all the time. There is no shame in that and your post indicates you get something from it that doesn't occur in guy mode. I just encourage you to not let it bother you whatever is said and just look within to understand the full motivation for what you do. If your honest with yourself, you'll know more than anyone else what it means for you, in all its complexity. Just live an authentic and meaningful life and the comments from the peanut gallery don't matter.

tricia_uktv
08-17-2010, 06:04 PM
So, are you?

Only you will know.

Whatever have fun hon