PDA

View Full Version : Transgender Basics

Melody Moore
08-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Here is a really good video about Transgender Basics that also shows how Sex, Gender Role,
Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation is fluid & not fixed as shown in traditional gender models.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXI9w0PbBXY

Katesback
08-16-2010, 11:05 PM
LOL yea well its all over the board thats for sure.

I gave up trying to figure the whole gender thing out a long time ago. These days I just go with the flow.

Life is too short to think to much about the stuff.

Melody Moore
08-16-2010, 11:55 PM
LOL yea well its all over the board thats for sure.

I gave up trying to figure the whole gender thing out a long time ago. These days I just go with the flow.

Life is too short to think to much about the stuff.
I know exactly where you are coming from and you are right, life is too short to be worrying about where you fit in exactly.

But the really good news is about this video explains why and that there is no binary between the physical sex of a person to their gender roles, gender identity & sexual orientation and it might make it easier for some who are struggling to accept that they are different and that there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

The other thing about this video I really like is how it shows how wrong the model for traditional gender models is. I really believe the churches have a lot to answer for with regards to this, especially the Roman Catholic Church who had a hell of a lot to do with why I struggled for so long to accept who I really was.