PDA

View Full Version : Any comments about shaved legs?

Freddy12
08-17-2010, 08:46 AM
I am curious. I have been shaving my legs, underarms, chest, etc. for about three months now. I absolutely love the smooth feel. Rubbing one shaved leg against the other feels wonderful. I have never had anyone comment about my shaved legs, and I wear shorts a lot. Has anyone made any comments to the other girls out there who shave? Just wondering.

kimdl93
08-17-2010, 09:01 AM
Only my wife - she said my legs felt so soft and smooth. She prefers it.

and I hit the gym maybe 4 times a week...no comments ever.

Angel64
08-17-2010, 09:04 AM
I have been shaving my legs for 13 years and nobody ever said a thing. It is common for cyclists and some other sports, so no big deal i think.

MsJenna
08-17-2010, 09:23 AM
no comments yet, but I just started working on mine :)

and, btw, doing mine gives me a greater appreciation for all that gg's go through for us.

princessmisti74
08-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Hi Freddy!
Actually, I have the same ideas as you. I have yet to shave my legs, but made the decision last night to go full out, so I shaved one thigh down to the knee cap. I wanted to know the feeling (baby steps, ya know) and I couldn't stop touching my leg, it felt so smooth! FIRST TIME ever to shave any part of my legs.
{BTW, I work at night}
Needless to say, as I work with all guys, running to the bathroom to check out my leg, was...exciting. I plan on finishing the job to get the full effects. I have a new pair of nylons just waiting for those new legs of mine. :battingeyelashes:

Karinsamatha
08-17-2010, 09:42 AM
Nope, no comments. And I love the feel.

Charlena
08-17-2010, 09:42 AM
I have been shaving my body hair for about a year now and no one has said a thing about it arms or legs. I wish I had started a long time ago but what the hell I am enjoying it. My spouse loves the smoothness. She takes care of my back.

kellyanne
08-17-2010, 09:50 AM
I echo other girls comments. I full body and leg shave and don't leave home with stubble !

My body has been shaved from the neck to the knees for 20 years.

I wear T shirts and shorts nobodyhas said boo.

Many men have almost hairless chests and legs.

Amanda Stubbs
08-17-2010, 10:05 AM
I'm quiet lucky as I only have to do my forearms and legs and have no body hair. I'm not a shaver either, I did start that way in my early 20's by the age of 30 I was using hair removal creams and have done ever since. My favourite is Nair, the regrowth is very slow and I can easily go barelegged for a month before having to re do. I think after all those years the hairs are giving up !
No adverse comments received either !
I had a few nice ones though :)

marcy77
08-17-2010, 10:18 AM
I have been shaving my legs and arms for over 15 years now. I started when I was in high school. I remember only once getting a bad comment when I was a Junior from one narrow minded guy. Since then I have gotten only 4 or 5 questions about it. I tell them that I like it and it's what I want to do. The last 2 times I was asked about it were from guys. They actually liked the look and started shaving themselves. One guy started shaving his legs and the other started shaving his whole body.

It's kind of funny because I know those guys very well, they are friends of mine and as far as I know don't dabble in any kind of CD behavior. But I guess it had to take some other guy to shave first before they would actually do it to themselves.

This was a great question. Makes me happy to think that my CD ways affect people to be more open minded and accepting.:D

AKAMichelle
08-17-2010, 10:18 AM
Wife is the only one who has said a word. It wasn't nice and it's because she doesn't like or accept it at all.

Loni
08-17-2010, 10:24 AM
i love my legs all clean no hair...but the cost of blades. :eek:

what we must pay to look good.

Kim_Bitzflick
08-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Two years ago my brother in law noticed & teased me about it. I just shrugged it off. My kids notice, but don't comment. My wife says she prefers the furry leg.

Outside my family, no one has said anything, but I bet they do notice. SO What? They're my legs & I'll do what I want with them.

DonnaT
08-17-2010, 10:45 AM
Nope.

I swim at the gym nearly every morning, and no one's mentioned them, nor in the locker room.

My wife was worried, but the big test was when my daughter got married in Mexico. Hanging around the pool or on the beach, around all the relatives and new relatives-in-law. Not a mention.

NicoleScott
08-17-2010, 10:48 AM
When I shaved my legs, my wife didn't notice. I put leg in her lap and she looked up and said "what". I took her hand and glided it over my leg and she finally caught on.
I know guys who have no leg hair or almost no leg hair (light-colored and sparse) who in all other ways are totally 100 percent macho guys. I've never heard a comment about it.
When I let my leg (and arm and chest) hair grow back, it didn't take long and I didn't try to hide it. Never a problem.

Naomi Rayne
08-17-2010, 10:48 AM
no comments yet, but I just started working on mine :)

and, btw, doing mine gives me a greater appreciation for all that gg's go through for us.

I have been shaving my legs for a while. I frequently wear shorts and nobody has said a single thing. Also i agree with msjenna.

If you enjoy shaving ur legs then go for it. It is not a big deal anymore and most people wont care. If anyone does say anything just tell them you like it that way.

Also you cant beat the feel of nylons on shaved legs haha

Joanne Curl
08-17-2010, 03:37 PM
I'm diabetic and I 've been losing all of my lower leg hair. Now I jsut clean it up a bit and shave up to my knees. I also scave my arm pits, arms and chest, I love the feeling of being smooth and fur free

tricia_uktv
08-17-2010, 04:15 PM
Hon, I'm wearing long silver acrylic nails to work (as a bloke). Nobody has commented about them to me. But then they may be scared :)

Barbara Dugan
08-17-2010, 05:15 PM
My doctor noticed it and asked me about...but in the end she cautioned me about being careful with the infections

Babette
08-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Years ago, I was so tempted to shave what little hair I had on my legs. While growing up, having furry legs was considered a symbol of manliness. Hmmm! I never quite checked off that box but I hung on to what hair I had.

Then I took the plunge and shaved it all off. Afterwards, I fretted often about someone, anyone, that dared to ask me about my smooth legs. Every now and then, I get some nice smiles from ladies after they gaze at my legs but no comments. I was disappointed because all of the worry was for nothing. Now I just keep them smooth and enjoy every second of it.

So just remember Freddy, it's not like cutting off your fingers; it's only hair.

Babette

Dee Baker
08-17-2010, 05:38 PM
I've been shaving my legs for several years now and never had any comments. I wear shorts on the weekends in warm weather.

windycissy
08-17-2010, 06:41 PM
One of life's pleasant surprises is that once you get rid of that nasty hair, nobody seems to notice or care about it...we really are lucky that today's male role models like actors and athletes are all shaved down. I guess pierced ears are next for me, several of my guy friends have 'em

Juliannlg
08-17-2010, 06:56 PM
I have been shaving from the face down for nearly 4 years now and I have not had any comments :battingeyelashes:

joann07
08-17-2010, 06:56 PM
I wear shorts quite frequently and been around family, relatives, friends, and the general public and nobody has ever noticed or commented.
I don't try to hide the fact that I shave my legs and just go about my nornal activities as if it's no big deal.

Hugs!

Kaitlyn Michele
08-17-2010, 07:04 PM
i have actually done some intensive deep research on this topic..

i feminized myself over a long time...a very long time...from shaving a bit of hair at a time off my wrists...plucking one or two eyebrows every day...etc...i was terrified of getting caught but kept going further...

after announcing my transition, i was actually asked lots of them if they noticed anything...and guess what...they ALL said that YES they did....

and they ALL said, that they talked about it and not once did they ever comment that i was a crossdresser or transsexual...

i think i asked 5 people plus my mom and dad...and they all said the same thing!!

so people notice...they almost never ever say anything, but they notice... of course, folks should only worry about this if they care if people notice..

has anyone else actually asked this question after disclosing ?

Laura Evans
08-17-2010, 07:05 PM
For several years now and no comments, just go about your business.

aggi123
08-17-2010, 07:11 PM
I had an instance once. I was out by the pool with my parents and some of their friends. I'd been shaving for about 4 months or so and this was the first time anyone noticed by themselves. (i've held my legs up and said "so smooooooth!" around my friends who know about me lol)

But anyways, my mom's friend commented on how pale i was in the sun. and then she said "oh wait...did you shave your legs??" Very quizzically. I replied yes I did. and then she called my mom over and said "Did you know your son shaves his legs?" she replied with a no and gave me a weird look.

I replied with...... ::drumroll::

"what? I'm secure enough with my sexuality to do whatever I feel like."

no one ever treated it like a big deal since then and I'm still shaving my body.

sometimes_miss
08-17-2010, 07:44 PM
I had one comment about my shaved chest, because I usually wear a v neck and the chest hair used to 'sprout out'. I just said that I met a hot girl who loved the feel of hairless guys, so for me, it was a no-brainer to be what she wanted so I could have sex with her. Seems most guys will accept pretty much any stupid behavior if it leads to getting laid.

Amanda.61
08-17-2010, 08:33 PM
I have been shaving my whole body for almost a year. I love the smooth feel. I have only had a couple of comments from my 14 year old neice. I just let it pass without saying anything. I wear shorts and go without a shirt as much as possible, winter or summer. My wife loves my smooth legs and chest. She has helped me shave my back & legs.
:hugs:

Annaliese2010
08-17-2010, 08:44 PM
I am curious. I have been shaving my legs, underarms, chest, etc. for about three months now. I absolutely love the smooth feel. Rubbing one shaved leg against the other feels wonderful. I have never had anyone comment about my shaved legs, and I wear shorts a lot. Has anyone made any comments to the other girls out there who shave? Just wondering.GG women don't like hair on a guy is my strong impression. I mean, that's the feedback I've got from GG girls in the, say 26 -36 y/o age range. So for me it's no problem - I'm older than that but I gravitate to that age group when it comes to girls to date. Though sometimes I suspect an odd girl here or there wonders. Just means she's not for me is all. What I hate is having to tape my nipples down all the time so they don't show through T-shirts and such. 'Cause that WOULD be a source of major embarrassment to me.

evadan
08-17-2010, 09:17 PM
I shaved my legs one time and loved the feeling in stockings. Then someone noticed and I was too chicken to do it again. I will again someday.

CamilleLeon
08-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Only a couple, once a frat brother who asked why I shaved my legs to which I replied that it made me more aerodynamic in a fight and another was a friends girlfriend (both who know I cd) who jokingly said a scar on my leg was from shaving.

Other than that, it's either been under the radar or nobody else seems to feel it's worth commenting on. Smooth legs fo life!

Nicole Erin
08-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Sonmetimes people would ask or comment but never negative.
I mean it is not like in public I will have strangers say anything

Leyna
08-17-2010, 10:11 PM
I live in Florida, so I wear shorts almost all the time (except when I'm at work of course) and have never heard a comment, either positive or negative.

Why wife hates when I shave my chest & belly though. She says it's still prickly.

Jay Cee
08-17-2010, 10:17 PM
I do love the feel of having shaved legs. Went on a road ride last night, and the wind on my legs felt... I dunno... better than when I had leg hair, somehow.

A few things I've noticed, though. My legs don't look as nice or as shapely as when I had leg hair (unless I am wearing stockings or pantyhose). Also, all those old scars I had forgotten I had are now much more visible.

I'm seriously contemplating getting an epilator. Shaving my legs, along with most of my other body hair, takes a long time.

Tina L.
08-17-2010, 10:48 PM
The only one that has noticed so far has been my gf, she asked that during the shorts wearing weather to only shave to just above the knee.
THE FEELING IS INCREDIBLE!

randumbness
08-17-2010, 11:11 PM
I can't grow hair on my chest and my facial hair grows really slowly, but I shaved my legs and armpits, and I love the feeling. People will notice, but of course, the default excuse is the whole "I'm a swimmer' or "I'm a runner. That's why I only shave when I am going to get dressed. If I don't have time, I put on these tights that go far enough to cover my leg hair.

Emma England
08-18-2010, 07:37 AM
No comments from anyone.

It is actually fashionable for men to be smooth.

Body hair was fashionable in the 1970's.

It is now the 3rd millennium - time to get modern.

jennyscott
08-18-2010, 09:25 AM
This topic couldn't be more timely for me. Two days ago I scheduled a full leg waxing and pedicure at a day spa the next town over. I have been there twice before for pedicures and feel very comfortable with the staff. The wonderful nail technician even gave me a handful of coupons.

I discussed with my wife about shaving my legs again and as typically her style, she was cautious. She asked I wait until it got cooler. I countered that if I start riding my bike again I would need 'clean legs', lol. She actually agreed. Whoo hooo. I was planning to ride this morning as my gear and bike clothes have all been pulled out of the garage/closet but alas, we are enjoying a rare rainy day.

Our 17th Anniversary is on 9/04 so I am timing everything to have an enjoyably hairless date night. I'm so excited.

Taylor186
08-18-2010, 10:49 AM
GG women don't like hair on a guy is my strong impression.

That has not been my experience.

Emma England
08-18-2010, 02:05 PM
I saw a video where pictures of topless men were on display. Some had hairy chests, some were naturally smooth, some shaved, some waxed.

The majority of women all said that they preferred the smooth chest look, as it made the guys look younger.

From my own experiences, this is true as well.

Taylor186
08-18-2010, 03:44 PM
And, here is a survey where the majority of women want hair (first hit on my google search). http://www.dearcupid.org/question/do-women-prefer-a-hairy-chest-or-shaved.html

The reality is that there is no statistically valid survey out there that answers this question. Some women like hair and some don't. No surprise really.

Personally, I shave legs, underarms and chest almost daily.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
08-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Considering the existence of products like this http://www.nairformen.com/ and the fact that I just saw it being advertised on OkCupid, a dating site, I think it's pretty much a nonissue for a guy to have shaved legs.

NathalieX66
08-18-2010, 09:36 PM
true story:
I was 16 a long time ago, and a student of a New England prep school that had a cycling team.
Coach: "you guys need to shave your legs, it's better that way because you will get in accidents, and the first aid team doesn't want hair to deal with, that's what the pros do.....besides, it's more aerodynamic".

Done.

Somewhere along the line, Knowing me, I snuck into my mom's dresser and had to try some of those sheer stockings at some point. It happened.....it is what it is. :drink:

Danni Bear
08-18-2010, 09:47 PM
comments yes but only when i don't

Danni

t-girlxsophie
08-18-2010, 10:12 PM
Never had any Comments about my Smooth legs or arms,even when am playing football with the guys.The only time I've let my leg hair grow back was when I got married and was wearing the Kilt:)

:hugs:Sophie x

Aeify
08-19-2010, 06:06 AM
FYI... I've started paying attention and am seeing tons of males with shaven legs... I have no idea if any of them cd, but no one else seems to notice, and I'm looking for it since Penny started shaving regularly. (just to be able to say...no one will notice LOL because I was so sure that was the answer).

Starr
08-19-2010, 09:33 AM
I started shaving my chest and a few years ago.. what was happening was I wear Black a lot and I noticed one day looked like lint on the Black pull over shirt I was wearing on the chest area. Then I saw what it was.. my grey chest hair was working though the shirt and sticking out... same thing happened with the legs... Dont get me wrong I wanted them shaved but this really made it necessary.

jenna_woods
08-19-2010, 09:37 AM
I have been shaveing my body for years, and no one has ever said anything, even my wife,

SyndieCCD
08-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Like many others, I'm on the fence as well.. I really want to shave, but wonder about the questions. which is really silly, since I NEVER wear shorts, always pants. (well, when I dress up, and am alone, then skirts or dresses). But because of this thread, I'm starting to look around a bit more to see other guys in shorts, and find if it is "normal" to see shaved legs on guys. I'm very much afraid of what people think. I think thats why I wear pants always, as I've been told my legs are skinny when I was younger (I'm a skinny person, 145lbs, around 6ft tall).

I'm 36 and dont have thick hair anyway, but its definately noticable on my legs. I really want to shave, but am afraid. The wife even gave me the ok (didnt tell her why, but she knows just mildly of my fetish).

ANYWAY... I've always heard that the more you shave, the thicker it grows back? Is this true? I really don't want to have to shave every other day, or if I stop, I dont want to have really thick hairy legs. Its annoying enough to keep my face shaved, noticable stubble comes back on day 2.

-Syn

simplerhythm
08-19-2010, 10:01 AM
I have been shaving my legs for a few weeks. I keep getting the red bumps on the top of my thighs and the bikini zone. I have tried shaving with, rather than against as some advice-givers to sufferers of the same problem have suggested, but it is so darn ugly with my dark hair.... I'm not sure what to do :s

Vickie_CDTV
08-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Take it from an electrologist, shaving your legs will *not* make the hair grow back thicker, it is a myth.

Simplerhythm, it sounds like you have PFB bumps (ingrows). You could try a product called Tend Skin (or one of its many clones) which is designed to help alleviate PFB bumps.

PetiteDuality
08-19-2010, 11:46 AM
It's not true that all ladies like shaved male bodies. And it's not always about the looks.

For example, my wife says that she is indifferent regarding body hair, but that she doesn't understand why a guy should be concerned about this girly detail. It kind of freaks her out. By the way, she doesn't know about my CDing.

I guess some people think that guys are not supposed to have vanity.

And the answers of polls to girls regarding what they prefer, I think that most of them like some hair, but not too much, and not everywhere. There seems to be a consensus about disliking back hair, but they tend to like arms and legs hair. Some like chest hair, some don't. So it's not an easy issue :-)

Another thing: people might not say a word about shaved legs, but they do notice and have their opinion or judgment about it.

simplerhythm
08-19-2010, 12:20 PM
Take it from an electrologist, shaving your legs will *not* make the hair grow back thicker, it is a myth.

Simplerhythm, it sounds like you have PFB bumps (ingrows). You could try a product called Tend Skin (or one of its many clones) which is designed to help alleviate PFB bumps.

I have seen it mentioned. I'll look it up, thanks! :hugs:

bianca66
08-19-2010, 12:32 PM
I really don't want to have to shave every other day, or if I stop, I dont want to have really thick hairy legs. Its annoying enough to keep my face shaved, noticable stubble comes back on day 2.

-Syn

I was a shaver but got tired of the prickly stubble on the back of my legs and those annoying red bumps (every second day)...Yes shaving is time consuming and from the advice of the other gals I broke down and bought a Braun Silk Epilator. I let my legs and belly hair grow for about a week and went to work epilating...Epilating the legs wasn't that bad but my gawd the belly was the worst!

Love the results...Now I just run the epilator over my legs every 3rd or 4th day or so...So much easier than shaving :)

Deborah
08-19-2010, 12:44 PM
I'm not a big fan of hair on my legs or anywhere else below the neckline for that matter...ughh.

Lexine
08-19-2010, 12:55 PM
I tell them that I'm Asian and I tend to not grow a lot of hairs on my legs to begin with LOL

Jaclyn NM
08-19-2010, 02:07 PM
There is nothing like shaved legs, I will never let my leg hair grow out again!

Livea
08-19-2010, 02:14 PM
why should somebody say something to shaved legs on men, no matter whether in drab or fem mode?
Every serious sportsman gets rid of his leg hairs today (e.g. road cyclists, triathlets) and for them its almost a must. I did these sports and so, for me its normal to get my legs shaved.

So, don't think too much about it and just do it.

Sophie86
08-19-2010, 02:57 PM
I went to a Halloween party at my DM's house last year as a Twilight fangirl. Two of my fellow gamers, a married couple, acted a little weirded out when I told them that, yes, I had shaved my legs for the costume. Apparently, they had missed the fact that I'd been shaving my legs for a couple of months before that even though we game together every Sunday. For a few weeks after that, the guy kept making comments about how bad it was going to itch when the hair grew back in. He still didn't get it when I said I didn't think that was going to be a problem. As far as I know, they're both still oblivious. :laughing:

By contrast, one of my nephews called me on it the first time I removed the hair from my feet! Some people are just more observant than others.

Jamiegirl1
08-19-2010, 06:06 PM
I started shaving my legs last fall,I love the feel and have to shave everyday,I can't stand the stubble of even one day's growth.My wife has accepted it,but I haven't worn shorts all summer,(except when I crossdress)afraid of what my boys will think.

Sara Olivia
08-19-2010, 08:48 PM
For years I was worried about what people would say if I shaved my legs and they saw. Now for the past three years I've kept my legs shaved year round and only two comments were made in that time, both by women commenting on my nice legs. I don't think I will ever let the hair grow back. - in fact I now also keep my chest armpits and arms shaved as well and will continue to do so.

LitaKelley
08-19-2010, 08:56 PM
Before CDing, I NEVER would of thought of shaving my legs.. but then one night having a lace trim thigh high stocking on, I saw hairy thighs and was thinking how gross it was.... so off the hair went, lol.. next my armpits and chest..

I still have to do my arms, but thinking I'll wait til fall since nobody will see me CD except my wife, unless of course I decide to go out, but doubt anytime soon.

Emma England
08-20-2010, 07:38 AM
Shaving legs is no different to shaving your face.

It is disgusting - get rid of it!

Trysha
08-20-2010, 08:37 AM
I started shaved my legs for the first time many years ago when I first started body building.
I remember being very anxious about it, but I had an excuse which protected me mentally. I was
very paranoid at the gym, and any smile from someone made me think it was about my legs.
I knew bicyclist did it also. My wife and son were OK with it.
When I started cross dressing it took on a whole new dimension. I now go to a waxing service here in
Texas for a full body brazilian , which is expensive but worth it to me. The GG's there are very nice,
although they still think I do it for body building, though last time I showed up with less muscle as I have been trying to get a more feminine look. I had waited a long time to do my last waxing so I was quite hairy, and I couldn't wait to have it done. When I walked out on the street the hot humid air of Texas felt amazing on my ultra smooth legs which were extra sensitive having just been waxed.
I have very nice shapely legs from all the leg work I have done, and I am still a little shy about it.
My wife prefers the hairy guy, but she knows about my tendencies to CD.I am an older guy which makes it a little more difficult, but with all the support from you and people like us it makes it easier.
I have just begun this amazing journey, and there is so much to learn. I simply love it .

Christina Horton
08-20-2010, 10:49 AM
Ahhhh NO!

kymmieLorain
08-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Have shaved my legs since Nov 02. never had anything said. except the wife when they get stubbly.

Kymmie

PetiteDuality
08-20-2010, 02:09 PM
i have actually done some intensive deep research on this topic..

i feminized myself over a long time...a very long time...from shaving a bit of hair at a time off my wrists...plucking one or two eyebrows every day...etc...i was terrified of getting caught but kept going further...

after announcing my transition, i was actually asked lots of them if they noticed anything...and guess what...they ALL said that YES they did....

and they ALL said, that they talked about it and not once did they ever comment that i was a crossdresser or transsexual...

i think i asked 5 people plus my mom and dad...and they all said the same thing!!

so people notice...they almost never ever say anything, but they notice... of course, folks should only worry about this if they care if people notice..

has anyone else actually asked this question after disclosing ?

Exactly. People not telling is not the same as people not noticing or not judging.

The same was as not receiving negative comments while out and dressed does not equal passing and being accepted.

JulieC
08-20-2010, 03:10 PM
not receiving negative comments while out and dressed does not equal passing and being accepted.

I don't fully agree with that, particularly the latter part. No, it doesn't equal passing. But acceptance? That depends on definition. If I go out entirely as a guy (no makeup, wig, etc) but dressed in a dress, hose, heels, etc...and nobody says anything negative to me, nobody interferes in my life, I can do everything I intended to do without obstruction; I think that's a form of acceptance. The watching public might not like it, and despise that I'm doing it, but if they don't interfere, that's a form of acceptance.

simplerhythm
08-20-2010, 03:41 PM
So, I picked up this product at walmart since it seemed to be the only one advertising the anti-bump property. Anyone tried it?

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp91983_333181_sespider/bikini_zone/anti_bumps_shave_gel.htm

The reviews on the site are pretty mixed. Still, only $3, so I don't care if it's crappy :p

NicolaD
08-20-2010, 04:58 PM
I have thought about shaving my legs. But have not had the courage to do so.
I go regular to the gym and swim, that is usually the only place that my bare legs are visible in public. But am concerned about what would be said and also been seen by people who know me.

After reading the replies in this thread, I am now considering giving it ago.
Just a couple of questions.
How often will I have to shave?
And if I change my mind how long does it take for my leg hairs grow back?

Taylor186
08-20-2010, 05:11 PM

Simple answer, it depends.

Shave a spot not easily noticed and watch it for a week or two and you will have your answer.

MsJenna
08-21-2010, 12:57 PM
back to chime in on this topic.

I shaved my legs last week. My kids thought it was strange but no big deal.

I go out almost every day in shorts and have not had a single comment, good or bad. Nor have I noticed any weird looks.

And, as many others have said, I could care less what they think anyways. It is my life and I am determined that I will enjoy it however I like.

Jenna

PetiteDuality
08-22-2010, 01:50 PM
I don't fully agree with that, particularly the latter part. No, it doesn't equal passing. But acceptance? That depends on definition. If I go out entirely as a guy (no makeup, wig, etc) but dressed in a dress, hose, heels, etc...and nobody says anything negative to me, nobody interferes in my life, I can do everything I intended to do without obstruction; I think that's a form of acceptance. The watching public might not like it, and despise that I'm doing it, but if they don't interfere, that's a form of acceptance.

If tolerating is the same as accepting, then you're right.

But I think that acceptance is at a different level

Gillian
08-22-2010, 02:02 PM
I have shaved my armpits since my early 20's as I find it much more hygenic, less likely to cause odour and looks better, I am quite hairy on arms legs and chest and since last July, I have been shaving the legs clean from waist to knee then a bit more left below as I am a bit nervous of the SO's reaction, well not any more now she is on a warpath!
But, the point is I have now taken to thinning arm and chest hair out and when dressed look fairly presentable now. If I can get a peace accord with my SO I shall shave them clean.

Facially I have a heavy growth too and always use a quality razor and favour the Gillette Fusion but do allow pass days when I am not dressing to then give me a wonderfully smooth shave next time needed.

Jamie001
08-22-2010, 02:42 PM
The public might not like the look of people with tattoos all over their body or shaved heads, but they tolerate it because it is none of their business. It is the same regarding crossdressing or shaving your legs. People really don't care. 99.9 percent of the fear is in your own mind. Once you accept that as fact, you will free yourself from your self-imposed prison.

If tolerating is the same as accepting, then you're right.

But I think that acceptance is at a different level

melissacd33
08-22-2010, 04:33 PM
I like shaving my legs sometimes. Depends on how I feel. Certain times I'm feeling more feminine and shave everything. Then other times I'm feeling more masculine and keep my hair for a while. Is that weird?

Sallee
08-22-2010, 04:49 PM
A comment once I used to ride bikes a lot and one person commented not negatively just comment "your shaving now" My answer "Yeah, I think I go faster and I am prettier" which got a laugh and a snide comment Only we know the truth LOL

PetiteDuality
08-22-2010, 07:01 PM
The public might not like the look of people with tattoos all over their body or shaved heads, but they tolerate it because it is none of their business. It is the same regarding crossdressing or shaving your legs. People really don't care. 99.9 percent of the fear is in your own mind. Once you accept that as fact, you will free yourself from your self-imposed prison.

I don't have a self-imposed prison. I just don't fool myself, like many people around here like to fool themselves believing that the world is Disneyland with crossdressers just because nobody mentioned a thing.

Maybe they just didn't hear. I know somebody who was in Orlando, and was attended in an Ice Cream store by a crossdresser. She was polite and said nothing, but she commented to everyone when she was back to the table. The CD did not hear a thing. And I guess that maybe she thought that she passed. Pretty far from reality.

A GG can tolerate crossdressing, even advocate for LGBT rights, But the same GG could freak out when they discover that the husband is a crossdresser and leave him. I think that this illustrates the difference between "tolerating" and "accepting".

susiegrl19
08-22-2010, 07:09 PM
No negative comments at all.

Angiemead12
08-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Moved over to laser hair removal already. No negative comments here!

Dian077
08-22-2010, 09:15 PM
I used to shave every winter. When summer would come around I would let it grow back out.
Last winter I shaved again and at the same time I started doing a lot of winter surfing. Really made getting the wet suit on and off a lot less painful, lol.
One of my coworkers went surfing with me in early spring and noticed. He was, Dude, do you shave your legs. Me, Yes....you out on this wet suit and see what you think. He laughed.
Then when Summer rolled around I said the hell with it and kept on shaving. Was aked a few questions by co-workers (all male's), just told them it was less painful when wearing my wet suit. When asked later (after cold weather surfing was over) I just said, I grew to like it. No more questions.......so far.

I know for some of the questions there are neg comments that have been made about it, but none to my face.

My son said at first he did not like it and I need to let it grow back. I just said "what ever".

Nothing ever from anyone else though.

DonnaT
08-23-2010, 01:03 PM
I shave about every three days. Depends on how much hair/stubble is showing.

And with a good razor, I usually dry shave, when I feel like the stubble is too rough but not really that visible.

Couldn't say how long it would take to grow back, but two or three weeks would probably give a good showing.

Jaclyn1947
08-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Hi all,

This is my first post here on crossdressers.com. And I'm brand new to opening up to my desire to crossdress.

First, thanks for the link to nairformen.com (http://nairformen.com). That led me to my nearest WalMart, which only had a few Nair products so I purchased the Cream product and on Sunday removed all hair from my waist down and hands. Believe the warnings about sensitive areas. I also went online and ordered a garter belt and stockings. Monday morning when I dressed for work, I'm glad I put on dress pants and not jeans. My legs are so sensitive! :o Love the feelings and I can't wait for the stockings to arrive.

So anyway, here's a testimonial to how nice it feels to not have hair below the waist. :thumbsup:

— Jaclyn

Christy_M
08-24-2010, 04:45 PM
I shaved my legs a couple times when I was in the Marine Corps and got crap about it every time. I always asked why they were checking out my legs and that usually quieted down the mob.

Now I am just starting out again with the top of my legs down to my knees. I use Veet and that usually does the trick for a few weeks. My wife either hasn't noticed or doesn't care. I am more than a little scared to do my arms. I did the top of my chest because I bought a low cut dress and I think it looks ridiculous...I know my wife will say something when she sees it. I needed to have that talk sooner or later I guess...

Cheryl T
08-24-2010, 06:36 PM
Only one comment...
A female coworker (with whom I kid around alot) came over and rubbed my leg one day and said, "Mmm, smooth" with a wink.
No one else has ever commented.

patti.jean
08-24-2010, 08:00 PM
At first I was very nervous about shaving my legs in the summer when I wear shorts but with my wife’s encouragement I been shaving my legs for three years. I even spend a lot of time crewing on sailboats with my shaved legs in full view and have not received one comment.

Also recently I have also been venturing out with my toenails polished and have received a few looks but no comments.

Tina P Hose
08-24-2010, 08:09 PM
The only THING that I have about shaving my legg's in the summer months is me and I have to work that out in my brain. Fall is here soon, mmm my pretyy legg's !!!! I guess arm having season is her as well.

longdog
08-25-2010, 02:21 AM
I dress as a guy 100% of the time, but have experimented with CDing a little. But I've shaved my legs a couple of times. I used to work in a warehouse and showed up to work one day with shaved legs (i like the feel and look) and shorts, and one of the older male workers gave me a disgusted look, but didn't say anything. Had a couple people ask if I shaved my legs and I said "yhea i did" and them "why" and me "I dunno, wanted to try it". And it normally stops there, until another person asks the same exact thing. It seems all the guys notice and ask me and none of the ladies at my work noticed, or didn't ask me.... Strange huh?

Other experiences, have been with girl friends and in bed, the comment has been with one who said "its weird, I don't like it, I feel my boyfriend needs hair on his legs, and it just seems wrong for you to shave them", and another who said it would gross her out, but she always joking said I should shave them to see what they would feel like. But I haven't done it for a year or two as I've been living a college dorm, and don't want to stand out, as I feel odd enough being older then everyone else, and don't need something more...

I don't really care about comments from other guys, mostly just the ones from girls im dating at the time.

HalloweenDragon
08-25-2010, 02:41 AM
I've been shaving my legs, underarms, face, and chest for 10+ years now. Occasionally I'll get a curious look from a friend that is sitting close to me, but once they also process the fact that my finger and toenails are constantly painted blue they just smile. I LOVE the feeling of being freshly showered and shaved!:daydreaming:

Freddy12
08-30-2010, 08:45 PM
I've been shaving my legs for about three months. Finally this week my wife noticed and said something. She did NOT like it one bit. I am amazed that she has not noticed until now. I wear shorts a lot! Had she noticed she would have said something because she does not want me to even consider crossdressing. Whenever I mention anything approaching expressing my feminine side, she indicates that it turns her off. She did not mention my shaved chest, and has several times affectionalely rubbed that area.