PDA

View Full Version : Do you feel more or less shy when en femme?

Stefia S
08-18-2010, 12:13 AM
I was wondering if others like myself were shy earlier in life and if crossdressing affects if you feel shy.

I "grew out" of being shy from when I was 18 until my late twenties which coincides with when I started to date more, and also became a occasional closet cross-dresser (hmmm).

I rediscovered cross-dressing a little over a year ago, and to my surprise, when I go out en femme now, I don't experience myself as shy, but quiet yet confident.

crusadergirl
08-18-2010, 12:20 AM
I'm less shy when en femme for some reason now but at first i didn't want to talk at all. Now i can't shut up most of the time.

AllieSF
08-18-2010, 12:32 AM
I am a little like you Stefia. As a little kid I was very shy and eventually outgrew that. I became very extroverted in a lot of situations. Now, when I dress I am almost too extroverted as I start conversations with complete strangers, including GG's. I wish I had the same confidence with GG's when I was younger. My world may have been a lot different, not necessarily better, just different.

AKAMichelle
08-18-2010, 01:27 AM
The answer in my case would have to be more shy. I am a definite alpha male in real life :D Michelle is more cautious and reserved.

Lexine
08-18-2010, 01:34 AM
Definitely less shy. Lexi is the beacon of confidence for me. I'm trying to more or less assimilate this confidence into Alex, so it'll be interesting when both of me have that same level of confidence.

Marissa
08-18-2010, 02:11 AM
Depending on the setting.. most times i'm more open to say hi and start chatting.. other times i'm just the observer.. but in drab..definately the observer.. so yes.. I smile more as Marissa.. so more approachable.. its only been recently that i took pics in drab and didn't smile..and WOW.. i looked pissed off.. which is what everyone says.. i wasn't but its how my face seems to pull down.. so i guess now i know what they mean..

So now i'm thinking, i'd be more happier as Marissa.. smile more and open more..just not sure about the rest..yet.. :)

Kate Simmons
08-18-2010, 06:30 AM
Denise is anything but shy Hon. In fact sometimes she just won't shut up.:heehee:

Claire Cook
08-18-2010, 06:38 AM
Interesting question.
As Penny, though, I seem to have a great deal more confidence. I like myself more. I'm doing stuff more (online). Even just a couple of hours dressed seems to give me enough to face most "people." Since come to acceptance about being TG, my life has definitely taken a turn for the better.

Me too. I was painfully shy, and still am to some point, when in drab. It's like Claire is a blossoming flower! (and with the blossoming comes confidence.)

Haley
08-18-2010, 08:23 AM
Wish I had the courage to go out when I'm dressed but I'm way too self-conscious :(

kimdl93
08-18-2010, 08:26 AM
I'm not so young and cute as you are, so I feel somewhat self conscious when I'm dressed. I haven't gone out fully en femme...just strongly fem/androgynous

KarenCDFL
08-18-2010, 09:23 AM
I am much less shy when out and about enfemme!

But I don't Kiss and tell!

kellycan27
08-18-2010, 11:23 AM
1000 times more self confident and outgoing as a woman than I ever was as a man.

sandra-leigh
08-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Less shy gender-bending (mixed male and female appearance).

Sometimes more shy when fully dressed (wig and makeup and all) as I know for sure that many many people read me easily and I get nervous about being "in disguise" and what might happen if I get discovered. For example, I have no qualms at all about going in to a bra change room when I'm wearing women's clothes (more or less obvious) but with my natural hair and face, because if they let me in then it is because they know what I am and don't mind -- but if I have my wig and makeup, then I get nervous about someone "discovering" me and raising a stink about me "sneaking in" and so on.

On the other hand, I'm not always shy when fully dressed -- not that I'm ever exactly extroverted, but I have no problems walking down the street with my head held up high or talking to people (in my usual voice.)

I rarely wear "male" clothing anymore, but I do wear a lot of clothing that is not so far past the boundary that anyone at work feels they need to make an issue of it, and outside of work I am happy when I get a chance to wear even more obvious clothing and forms while still being me rather than "acting" as if I am a natural-born female. By now, anyone outside work who doesn't know I'm TG hasn't been paying attention :D -- and as a TG I am definitely more socialized then when I put myself back in the "pretend to be a male" box.

carrie-ann
08-18-2010, 12:30 PM
I am very open to talking about transgender things when dressed. I just can't wait for someone to ask me a question about why I dress. So yes I'm more open and confident dressed enfem.

5150 Girl
08-18-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm a lot more open en-fem. More confident, more take charge to. Some even think I'm a bit of a bitch.

ArleneRaquel
08-18-2010, 01:25 PM
My degree of shyness depends on my surroundings, not if I am enfemme or not. :battingeyelashes:

BiancaEstrella
08-18-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm shy in general, but I'm more docile en femme. I speak low (hiding my deep voice) but I will open up about my life being a CD if anyone asks.

sonna
08-18-2010, 01:37 PM
i am usualy a shy person no matter what im wearing.

NicolaD
08-18-2010, 01:38 PM
very shy, but then i am shy as a male

lisajane
08-18-2010, 10:37 PM
I may seem shy because I talk less when dressed because my voice gives me away.
I love to meet new people when out dressed

docrobbysherry
08-18-2010, 10:50 PM
I was quite shy when young. But, grew into a successful, confident adult!

I could NEVER go out dressed by myself without worrying about villagers with torches!:eek:

However, Sherry is NOT REALLY ME! More like my secret identity!
And, she won't like me saying it but, she's a REAL SHOW OFF!:brolleyes:

Stacye Rose
08-19-2010, 12:16 AM
I guess I go against the majority on this one. I am always shy in public, but I am even more shy when I'm dressed.

t-girlxsophie
08-19-2010, 12:34 AM
No doubt for me I am much more open when en femme,I was always a shy child thru to adulthood,but since I have been out more and more,I have made more friends and I participate in conversations more and more,Girls love a good natter dont we:)

eluuzion
08-19-2010, 12:40 AM
I have been described with many different terms, dressed and not-dressed.

But "shy" has never been one of them, in either "mode". :D

"Intense", yes.. "shy"...no..l

:love:

joannemarie barker
08-19-2010, 01:39 AM
I have a scary feeling that if I ever get out as a girl I could become a bit of a man eater lol :)

Pythos
08-19-2010, 02:00 AM
MUCH more attractive, and alluring. Funny thing is as mentioned earlier, my attraction to women goes up more when I am enfem, or androg. LOL