PDA

View Full Version : I wish someday

ladyinblack
08-18-2010, 09:28 PM
I just cant figure out how you ladies all look so great. Maybe some day I to will look as good as you I cant wait for the day some one says I truley look like a Michelle LOVE YOU ALL:fairy3:

ArleneRaquel
08-18-2010, 09:33 PM
I dont know how great I look, or even how good, for that matter, but I've been at it for over 50 years. So I should be getting the hung of it, at long last. :o

kimdl93
08-18-2010, 09:44 PM
I know just what you mean - these girls and ladies have really mastered the art. I can only hope to come close!

That being said - its really about how you feel about yourself, honey.

Maryesther M.
08-18-2010, 10:07 PM
I dont know how great I look, or even how good, for that matter, but I've been at it for over 50 years. So I should be getting the hung of it, at long last. :o

Arlene,
You must then be 'of a certain age'. If you are a gurl 24/7 I envy you, and you must pass very successfully.
I am 100% Irish and live way down SW. in the wilds of Kerry where the weather changes by the hour, so planning what to wear means providing for the wet!
I assume you dress your age, normally.

Stephanie Miller
08-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Ms. Ladyin black let me give you a hint.... and this goes for all the others here too..
I don't know what age you're at, but the phrase "I can't wait" should NEVER pass your lips.
DON'T WAIT! You will fall into the same trap that a lot of us older gals have, which is waiting until all the pieces have fallen into place and we're finally ready to go out into that mean ol' world. Then find out we didn't need all those "pieces" after all and the best days have passed us up. All the chances of looking good have fallen behind. We're left looking in the mirror saying "Shoot, why did I wait so long. Now I just look like a little ol' lady." :sad:

Karinsamatha
08-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Ms. Ladyin black let me give you a hint.... and this goes for all the others here too..
I don't know what age you're at, but the phrase "I can't wait" should NEVER pass your lips.
DON'T WAIT! You will fall into the same trap that a lot of us older gals have, which is waiting until all the pieces have fallen into place and we're finally ready to go out into that mean ol' world. Then find out we didn't need all those "pieces" after all and the best days have passed us up. All the chances of looking good have fallen behind. We're left looking in the mirror saying "Shoot, why did I wait so long. Now I just look like a little ol' lady." :sad:

Wise words of wisdome! Like the Nike adds say just do it. :hugs:

docrobbysherry
08-18-2010, 10:39 PM
For many here, it's NOT!

And for some of us, it IS!:D

So much so, that this 60 y/o is quite willing to CHEAT!:heehee: ( See avatar!)

The thing to remember is;

Every time u dress to look GOOD, take pictures! That will give u a better, and lasting, idea of how u looked!:brolleyes:

Then, every future time u dress, try to make AT LEAST ONE IMPROVEMENT! Eventually, you should LIKE your results!:daydreaming:

ladyinblack
08-19-2010, 05:55 AM

Thank you for the great advise i never thought of things that way:fairy3:

CallMeMeg
08-19-2010, 06:46 AM
Maybe there should be a cds.com beauty contest! I'd like to be the first to volunteer to be a judge. Or maybe at least sit in the audience and cheer.

Kate Simmons
08-19-2010, 06:49 AM
Don't know about anybody else but I pay off the mirror. It can't help but make me look nice.:heehee:

Chari
08-19-2010, 07:55 AM
IMO, it takes more than a wig, high heels, lipstick, and a dress to look/be feminine - even for some GGs! Start with posture, voice, and attitude. Learn to walk smoothly in heels, apply makeup that looks flawless, choose the right outfit that compliments you & feels/fits comfortable for the event, and remember to add in feminine movements -head, hand, sitting, standing, etc! It all takes practice, practice, and more practice! True, some have "natural" feminine features, that need very little enhancement, but most of us need to learn the art of concealment to down play our guy side. It is what YOU are willing to do to enjoy your feminine side.