PDA

View Full Version : Something About Delivery

AKAMichelle
08-18-2010, 10:09 PM
I read about so many of us who have trouble telling girlfriends and more importantly having them accept us. In the past 2 years I have now told 3 women. The first one sort of accepted. The relationship didn't last long enough for the information to really sink in. The second woman and I became girlfriends. We went just about everywhere as two women having fun. I think we went on one real date before I told her about me and then it was Michelle dates thereafter.

Tonight was the weirdest. I had a woman contact me today by winking. I wasn't really interested since I was kind of done with dating for awhile. She seemed so nice in the emails that I decided that I would try being friends. So we ended up deciding to talk on the phone tonight and about half way into the conversation I just told her that I was a crossdresser. I explained everything to her and she then explained that she knew another crossdresser a few years ago. So I was feeling very relieved and then she said that if I wanted to go somewhere with her she was willing. Talk about the load coming off my shoulders. I had told a complete stranger whom I haven't met that I am a cd'er on our frist phone call and she was fine with it.

The moral of the story is that sometimes just telling them the truth early on is enough to change the odds in your favor. BTW, both of these women were Christian and conservative. I think the stereotypes don't really apply on who will accept. I think it is something else which I have no clue of. In fact now I have a date for Friday night.

kimdl93
08-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Michelle, that is so cool. Isn't it something how things just happen. Maybe the quality of your character shows through. I suspect so! hav fun on Friday night!

AKAMichelle
08-18-2010, 10:34 PM
I am still stunned that I have told 3 women since telling my wife and all three of them have accepted.

Hope
08-18-2010, 11:46 PM
I would think that you would want to disclose early on in a relationship so that you don't end up pouring a lot of energy and resources into a dry hole. Thankfully bigots are very good about self identifying.

Lorileah
08-19-2010, 12:04 AM
so you have started a new hitting streak...1.00 since you changed you stance ;) I am thrilled for you knowing what you went through before for you to have such support. :)

Prissy Linda
08-19-2010, 12:22 AM
Honesty, what an amazing concept. You presented yourself as who you are, no deception or hiding. It's only fair to the perspective GF that she knows who she is dealing with, let the chips fall where they may. Good for you Michelle.

AKAMichelle
08-19-2010, 08:20 AM
I would think that you would want to disclose early on in a relationship so that you don't end up pouring a lot of energy and resources into a dry hole. Thankfully bigots are very good about self identifying.

I believe in telling early but even this was a little early for me. The last 2 women I told several days after the first date. The first one had 3 dates before telling. This is a first to tell before we even meet.

so you have started a new hitting streak...1.00 since you changed you stance ;) I am thrilled for you knowing what you went through before for you to have such support. :)

That is definitely one way of looking at it. I didn't want to sound boastful or anything but it does strike me strange that I have been able to tell women and get them to accept at age 50. So many of us on here complain that we can't find any women and I don't think that I am one of those hunks or anything. I am overweight with salt and pepper hair with a blad spot in the middle. I am just a nice guy who tells them the truth.

I wrote this because these women were Christian and conservative. The one thing that most on here would believe would never be the ones to accept, but they are the easiest to gain acceptance from. I wrote this to show people that if you want a GF then go out there and keep trying. Tell them who you really are and take a chance on them. If you hold back and won't let them in, they know it. It results in them holding back as well and sometimes packing their bags when they do find out.

I don't know the answer but I wanted to put this out there so people would understand that being TG is not the kiss of death to your dating life. You can still find love at any age. Oh, by the way I have met these women on match.com, yahoo personals, and now zoosk.com. So I don't think it matters where you find these women just be honest with him out of the gate.

FYI, there is nothing on my profile that ever told them about me being a cd'er.

Gillian
08-19-2010, 09:19 AM
Hi Michelle

The news was great I am delighted that you have found an accepting soul to meet up potentially date. Best of luck when it develops to a face to face one!:hugs:

Gerrijerry
08-19-2010, 09:25 AM
sounds like a great start and that you have learned something from the past. I wish you great suscess on you date.

Daenna Paz
08-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Let me just say that I have been out with Michelle and she is a straight shooter ... I believe that if you let your inner self shine through, women will read that. Most GG's are way more discerning than we realize ...

So very happy for this development in your life, Michelle ... ;^)

AKAMichelle
08-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Let me just say that I have been out with Michelle and she is a straight shooter ... I believe that if you let your inner self shine through, women will read that. Most GG's are way more discerning than we realize ...

So very happy for this development in your life, Michelle ... ;^)

I have to say - thanks for comments. We will see how things develop. Eventually I may have a new friend for Michelle.

AKAMichelle
08-21-2010, 11:55 AM
I think I needed to give a followup to this thread.

Last night I went out with the woman and we talked a long time about cd'ing. We had a great time out last night. We drove up in the mountains and ate last night.

Today I called her and she confessed that she was bothered by the crossdressing much more than she expected. She wasn't sure where she wanted to take it. So I am pretty sure that that was code for not interested. That's ok since I weeded out the person in only one date.

So apparently there is a difference between initial acceptance and complete acceptance after they finally understand everything about it. So I guess I didn't do as well as I thought so the search will now continue. But it definitely does confirm that it is easier to tell them early than end up heartbroken later when they can't handle it.

Lorileah
08-21-2010, 12:23 PM
she missed out on an interesting person Michelle. But now you can go out in search for a better fit. How was dinner? Chart house?

AKAMichelle
08-21-2010, 02:12 PM
she missed out on an interesting person Michelle. But now you can go out in search for a better fit. How was dinner? Chart house?

The dinner was great. We went to the Red Mountain Grill in Dillion. We drove up there in my convertible with the top down. The temps were almost perfect. It's ok.

PretzelGirl
08-21-2010, 08:10 PM
Good for you Michelle. As long as you don't let initial problems bug you (and it doesn't seem that it does), you have found a good way to go about it. I wish you the best and a speedy acceptance!

sometimes_miss
08-22-2010, 04:08 AM
I don't think it will really change whether a woman finds us sexually attractive when we're dressed up as women or not. It will change the dynamics of the relationship, though; because before she falls in love with you (and get that rude awakening of crossdressing that screws all that up) she gets to decide if she likes you enough to be your friend instead. If something develops further, that's great. But it's still touch and go; some of the nicest, most liberally minded women I've known had very bad reactions to mention of crossdressing.
Tread carefully everyone. Good luck.