PDA

View Full Version : Evolution of a Crossdresser

EllieOPKS
08-19-2010, 09:25 AM
So from reading and observing others on this site please share your opinions. It seems like to me from observing myself and others that have commented on this site, do you see a cycle where most crossdressers start out only underdressing and then evolve to "****ty dressing" for a lack of a better term where you wear the shortest possible mini skirts, sexiest hosery, over the top make up. And then at some point, evolve to wanting to look as natural a woman as possible. I would like to hear your thoughts/opinions
Ellie

Gerrijerry
08-19-2010, 09:33 AM
everyone starts somewhere and ends somewhere the trip and happyness varies with the person. As does style change when a person grows older. A young girl becomming a woman over years is different then CD and TS girls. They don't normally have the time to learn slowly so many go over the top. They realize at some point, that there is a line for each age group and if you want to fit in then you need to learn where the line is.

jenna_woods
08-19-2010, 09:33 AM
to me that's right, its the way it went with me, and also I might add, we all at some poing try and stop, to find in time we are right back at it, I did this 2, got rid of everything, to have to buy it all over again, now if it happends again I will just store jenna's things away, till she returns,

Gillian
08-19-2010, 09:41 AM
I too evolved in this sort of manner, going from experimenting to trying to look ****ty, but in general I have always striven to look as convincing as possible and were it not for my ugly mug, I could really pass from the neck down :D

Elle1946
08-19-2010, 01:14 PM
YES. Sounds about right to me. Been there done that thing.

minalost
08-19-2010, 01:28 PM
to me that's right, its the way it went with me, and also I might add, we all at some poing try and stop, to find in time we are right back at it, I did this 2, got rid of everything, to have to buy it all over again, now if it happends again I will just store jenna's things away, till she returns,

Sounds about right, plus (like Jenna said...) adding in a purge or two (or three?).
:hugs:

pernille d
08-19-2010, 02:02 PM
simplyfied over the years

lingeri/nylons
lingeri/nylons, + costumes
lingeri/nylons/ costumes + heels
lingeri/nylons/costumes/heels + the odd dress
lingeri/nylons/ heels/dresses + a wig
lingeri/nylons/heels/dresses/a wig + make up

after many years on the road =the compleate look

thats about how it goes i think (yes includeing a few purges along the way)

sissystephanie
08-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Started wearing panties at age 6! Moved to other lingerie in my early teens and to full dressing in my late teens. Never was interested in looking, or dressing, in a "****ty" manner. Have always dressed as a "lady," with obvious difference in age as I got older. Now that I no longer have a wife to do my makeup and wig, I still dress as a lady (40's to 50's), but do not wear a wig or makeup. Just a guy in my skirt or dress!

AKAMichelle
08-19-2010, 02:21 PM
My evolution never involved the ****ty look at you put it. I went from underdressing to dressing like a regular woman. I basically used my wife as an example of how to dress.

NicoleScott
08-19-2010, 02:33 PM
In the process of my evolution, I must have gotten stuck at "over-the-top".

pernille d
08-19-2010, 03:10 PM
In the process of my evolution, I must have gotten stuck at "over-the-top".

doubt it honey thats just who you are , and by the looks of it , what you do you do well :)

Vickie_CDTV
08-19-2010, 03:11 PM
I never did the "****ty thing" either, but ****ty women never really floated my boat so to speak. But I think it might be reasonably accurate to say, for a TV (I don't know about TS), we go through a phase of dressing up as the type of woman(/en) we find most exciting and attractive (whether it be a ****ty woman, a professional woman, a Victorian woman etc. etc.)

Personally, I am still in this 'phase' and am happy with it.

kimdl93
08-19-2010, 03:16 PM
I think its a situational thing. I was limited to panties and panty hose for a long time before I ever purchased anything else. Then for a while, most of my dressing involved loungewear/lingerie...and usually extended to the bedroom, so yeah maybe it was a bit ****ty. When I had more daylight and evening hours to dress (after the kids left home) then I started expanding into attire more appropriate to the time of day and activity...

LitaKelley
08-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Yep, that sounds just right.. I love looking ****ty, lol.. but if I was able to make cleavage and realistic looking breasts and not have a big bulge between my legs, I'd go for even more sexier ****ty :o:o

Jocelyn Quivers
08-19-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm still kind of stuck in the short skirt phase. Although I have been evolving into wearing longer skirts and god forbid even pants.

Lynn Marie
08-19-2010, 04:51 PM
Yes.

Kathryn Martin
08-19-2010, 04:58 PM
I also have skipped the ****ty look phase. Or maybe I did that when I was 8 and tried my mothers corsets and heels on and put some lipstick on.

When I started really dressing I tried to dress as natural as I could. I wish my face was a little less klutzy and my shoulder a little smaller and my waist thinner and ........ ah well

Inna
08-19-2010, 05:12 PM
****ty:eek:? ME:eek:? Never:eek:! Wait, let me adjust my Cuban hell stockings:), there much better. Oh, I am so sorry, I didn't realize my blouse was unbuttoned showing skimpy black revealing lacy balconette bra:heehee:. Upsey, did you see that, sometimes my skirt does that, but thankfully I am wearing lacy panties:battingeyelashes:

Marissa
08-19-2010, 05:16 PM
"Evolution of a Crossdresser"

Its funny that the first thing that comes to mind after reading the intro post is...

"I wonder what the 'missing' link will look like???" :eek::D

So the CD world is just like all other worlds..full of variety, evolution, and satisfaction.. with the freedom to find what fits for each of us.. :)

So.. gotta love the disquisers (underdressers), the ****s, the demure, and all inbetween that make our world special...

I never underdressed.. went straight to ****ty.. and some may say i'm stuck there.. :D

This is a very interesting thread topic.. thank you Ellie

Inna
08-19-2010, 05:40 PM

Marissa
08-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Alexia.. not sure if that is an accurate account of our evolution.. Where is the "****ty" stage that some of us are stuck in?????? :heehee::heehee::D

Alberta_Pat
08-19-2010, 06:04 PM
I too, followed a similar progression. P-hose and panties, followed by more risque street clothes, costumes and on to where I can dress in almost anything comfortably.

I think this comes from us crossdressers having to put many years of development into a few hours or weeks. Those who dress regularly are more experienced in the "ways of the world" as I see it.

Kate Simmons
08-20-2010, 03:59 AM
I'm not so sure you can apply anthropology to CDing or being TG. When it comes to nature humans are kind of a wild card in the mix.:)

randumbness
08-20-2010, 04:03 AM
I am stuck in **** stage and not moving anytime soon.....seriously though...I don't think I'm going to move past that...xD Young clothing is fun clothing...I guess I'm still young, lot to learn...xD

Rianna Humble
08-20-2010, 04:40 AM
do you see a cycle where most crossdressers start out only underdressing and then evolve to "****ty dressing" for a lack of a better term where you wear the shortest possible mini skirts, sexiest hosery, over the top make up. And then at some point, evolve to wanting to look as natural a woman as possible?

Perhaps I'm the exception that will prove your rule. Whilst I was hiding from myself, I tended to wear what other women my age were wearing for the simple reason that they were my source of clothing.

Once I stopped hiding, I did under-dress at work and wore "mini" dresses and skirts outside of work, but on me they were more than halfway down my thighs.

Now I am 24/7, I dress like most other women of my age who show some style. I tend to use a minimalist approach to make-up as there are some things I haven't yet learned to do properly.

dominique
08-20-2010, 04:41 AM
I missed out the ****ty stage altogether and concentrated on dressing like the woman about town so I wouldn't be noticed.

Ms Jennifer
08-20-2010, 04:46 AM
HHHMM Sometimes ****ty sometimes demure.Just depends on the mood.

Claire Cook
08-20-2010, 05:06 AM
The first time my wife saw me dressed her reaction was "You look like a French *****!" (Mon Dieu!) That was a wakeup call. I certainly don't want to attract sexual attention when I am out -- just want to be treated as one of the girls. Evolution? Perhaps it's taken me a while to learn to dress comfortably and feel natural. As others have said, I've learned a lot by watching GG's.

If I'm in the mood, I might overdo the makeup and heels -- but not for public consumption.

BRANDYJ
08-20-2010, 05:12 AM
I never did the ****ty look thing either. I went from a scared little boy trying on a slip and a skirt to adding whatever feminine garment I could find until I was on my own and could buy my own things. I always dressed as a Lady, not a ****.

EllieOPKS
08-20-2010, 08:42 AM
It's interestiing to hear your opinions. As I look back over time, I think my so called "****ty stage" might have been more driven by my wanting to see myself radically different as woman than as a man. I am kinda at the point now that I want to see how femme and naturally femme I can look. I am so envious of you girls that have your make up done professionally on occasion. That's something I am a long way from mastering. I can also relate with the ones hear that have purged and at a later point cameback. I think its pretty easy to purge the closet but pretty hard to purge the mind.

Sarah Michelle
08-20-2010, 08:52 AM
I never had that phase and I never quite understood it. I have always aimed for casual with class but that's me. I was quite interested in a set of posts a few months back which debated borders, boundaries and appropriateness of some dressing styles. After reading those, I had to take myself to task for being judgemental. Now I just see the "****ty" style as being too exotic for me.

catbird
08-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Very well said - evolution is the word

Tina B.
08-20-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm another, never really did ****ty, I started out trying to look like the girl next door, or the receptionist/secretaries I would see. I did wear mini skirts when I was young, but then everyone did, and no one thought of them a ****ty, I guess it's how you wear it. My wife was shopping with me, and I don't think she would have let me go to far in that direction. At my age you have to remember, I grew up on Doris Day movies, and always loved that innocent look.
Tina B.

suchacutie
08-20-2010, 09:56 AM
I would expect that most GGs have a range of clothes and undergarments that span the gamut of dressing experiences. Just thinking about my closet, it pretty much follows along that same range. It is interesting that my first skirt is the one my wife and I went shopping for together, and it barely covers my stocking tops, and it's now the one that I wear the least.

Interesting

tina

Sarah Doepner
08-20-2010, 12:02 PM
Of course I've tried as many different looks as I could. I missed the chance to grow up as a girl and experiment with different fashions and styles, so over the last 15 or 20 years I've tried to make up for lost ground. ****, check; nurse, check; bo peep, uh uh; business woman, check; housekeeping, check; diva, check; cowgirl, nope; casual woman about town, check; soccer-mom, check; bride, not yet; . . . and on it goes.

Once in one of these modes there is evaluation and experimentation as well. There is such a rich vein to mine in woman's wear and I find it a constant challenge and very entertaining to pursue.

kayegirl
08-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Not me, I started at a very early age and wore outer clothing only. It was some years before I started borrowing my sister's underwear, and even longer before I got my own. And I have never done the ****ty/tarty thing either. Well perhaps once!!! Teela you know what I mean. I have always tried to dress appropriately for my age.

Frédérique
08-20-2010, 03:34 PM
It seems like to me from observing myself and others that have commented on this site, do you see a cycle where most crossdressers start out only underdressing and then evolve to "****ty dressing" for a lack of a better term where you wear the shortest possible mini skirts, sexiest hosery, over the top make up. And then at some point, evolve to wanting to look as natural a woman as possible.

Not for me. I began with outer garments, and then worked inward to the underwear, which I had an initial aversion to. My outer appearance sparked a curiosity, then a fervent desire, to try wigs, makeup, hosiery, shoes, and etc. One step led to another, but keep in mind that my crossdressing is the antipathy of sexual-themed transvestism. I dress to get away from all that, so I dress accordingly. No mini-skirts, no over-the top anything, and "****ty" is a definite no-no. I began all this in an effort to blend in as a woman my age – anything else would orbit too close to drag…:naughty

Christina2008
08-20-2010, 05:14 PM
Ha Ha, yes that’s was me too. Underdressing then sexy dressing/sexy hosiery, not very good but exaggerated make up. And then evolved to “trying” to look as natural a woman as possible.

Seems there is a pattern forming! Dammit I hate to be conforming.

Next thing you know there will be a name for us.

Dee Model
08-22-2010, 03:35 AM
Haven't gotten past ****ty...it's my telos, or end point of the debate. Nothing else makes any sense.

Wink
08-22-2010, 03:53 AM
I seem to be stuck in the under dressing phase, cant seem to shift from it either!! :heehee:

Adele
08-22-2010, 04:29 AM
Having started at the age of 6 with tights and progressing through my teens with the sexiest lingerie I could lay my hands on, I now find many years later that I try to dress more practically and naturally most of the time. I do enjoy a more "****ty" look every now and then, it reminds me of the power I think women have over men.

erica12b
08-22-2010, 10:44 AM
I was told once that a cross dresser is a teen tomboy starts out slow and is fascinated by the fem stuff (hooks and wires) then the colors and styles of the developing teen sex years (****y) and if we get out of there then we are into the early twenty’s style of dressing sexy but with style, and polish, our age has no bearing on it it’s the girl in side that needs to grow and find her style, like every gg,

I was told this by a gg that had helped her cd, and raised 3 gg of here own, lol if that helps

docrobbysherry
08-22-2010, 11:46 AM
I generally try to imitate women that I think look SEXY/HOT!:D

U may think they/I look ****ty, but I don't! :brolleyes:

Another mistake in your thread, you've lumped closet and go out dressed CDs, together!

OF COURSE, I ALWAYS want to look like a "natural woman" as much as possible! But, being a closet CD, I can ALSO look as SEXY/HOT as I want, without worrying about what others will think!:devil:

And, I skipped rite thru the "underdressing", and, "partial dressing" CD stages! They seem pointless to ME!:straightface:

Patty B.
08-23-2010, 05:14 AM
I use my wifes rule of thumb, as a woman ages, the hair should get shorter and the hemline gets longer.

Patty B.
08-23-2010, 05:15 AM
I use the general rule from my spouse, as a woman ages the hair gets shorter and the hemline gets longer, just good advice.

eluuzion
08-23-2010, 06:40 AM
I guess I missed the bus on the "underdressing" stage. I definately got on the "streetcar named desire" and rode that attire for quite a long time. Now slowly coasting into the age appropriate clothing (whatever that means, lol).

I'd say it used to be 75% "****ty" and 25% "natural".

Now it is more like 110% "****ty" and 65% "natural".

Hey, interesting tidbit... did you know that supposedly 9 out of every 4 CDs have a problem with percentages...?

:heehee::eek::heehee:

Carissa
08-23-2010, 08:59 AM
That's totally the case for me. In the past few years, I've been toning things down from fetish clothing to stuff that GG's wear everyday. To put that another way, my clothing inspiration has gone from bdsm sites to actual, real, live females.

For me, I think it's just a rational step we take from being accepted at a club to being accepted in a grocery store.

victoriamwilliams1
08-23-2010, 09:03 AM
In my teen years I did all the minis and as I grew I changed to the style I have now. It is different for those who started later in life than those of us who started in our early years. Now some of us still like to put on the mini and it is choice.

Taylor186
08-23-2010, 09:11 AM
We're all different.

I have never underdressed as like Doc, it seemed pointless to me.

Coming of age in the late 60s/early 70s I see wearing a short skirt as being different than dressing "****ty." I may occasionally wear short skirts but in no way is it ****ty look--IMO.

regularman
08-23-2010, 09:36 AM
i guess some of it has to do with age as well.. im in my early 20's and i like to dress like gg's my age which is "borderline ****ty"