PDA

View Full Version : What do you like most about being a guy? (FtM only)

Ze
08-19-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm bored. And I know the ladies have asked their version of this a few times, so I wanted to ask the guys our version. :) Any reason more than others that you enjoy being a guy? I don't mean the numerous biological/physicality reasons--I'm sure we can all agree on certain things that are done away with and/or added on--but more socially.

I unfortunately don't pass enough yet to get what I'd consider a 100% social male experience, but so far I don't hold anything up higher than anything else. I just like existing as a guy.

Andy66
08-19-2010, 02:03 PM
The confidence. And the big boys' toys. I find tools so much cooler than makeup. :D

Thornton
08-19-2010, 10:01 PM
:thinking:umm...everything. yeah, I really can't pinpoint just 1 thing. It's all better.

AnonyMouse
08-19-2010, 10:14 PM
BEING A BIG FLAMING FRUIT. :yahoo:

Seriously. I ADORE gay male culture. There's so much fun and cuteness and fabulosity and guys doing things that those stuck-up heteros wouldn't be caught dead doing.

The only thing I'm not keen on is bears. Big hairy guys + leather = :confused2: Well, that and certain drag leaves me confused, and I'm sure as I go along more will turn up that I'm not crazy about. But there's SO much stuff there that I love, click with, was already into, etc. It's like a dream come true for me, honestly. Assuming the reel pen0rz will let me into the club. :straightface:

Andy66
08-20-2010, 12:24 AM
BEING A BIG FLAMING FRUIT. :yahoo:

Seriously. I ADORE gay male culture.
I gotta agree with that. :)

mistunderstood
08-20-2010, 11:31 AM
I like it that as a guy people take what you say more seriously. As a girl they think you are always PMS'ing or you are to emotional.

Adam
08-20-2010, 04:19 PM
if your not talking about body issue's but life things i would say its when i take my car to the garage for a MOT (like a road test thing in the uk) and instead of like before they would make things up thinking because i was female i was a sucker now they dont try it as they see me as a guy.

what they was not aware of is i went to collage and trained as a car macanic for 2 years

JesseThirteen
08-25-2010, 01:31 AM
I like being the person people look to first when they need someone to carry something heavy or open tight lids on jars! :D

halfman_halfamazing
08-25-2010, 04:13 AM
urinals. the hair.
the girls. i gained a kind of swagger. yes i have a girlfrend but i've always wanted to be noticed even when i was a kid i cant explan it.

Lex
08-29-2010, 11:08 AM
I like being the person people look to first when they need someone to carry something heavy or open tight lids on jars! :D

YES.

And I suppose I always really enjoyed not being 'one of the girls'. Like, when people go, "Oh, so and so likes such and such BECAUSE SHE'S A GIRL." I mean, you still get all that BS either way, I just always liked being able to escape a particular set of cliches. Even if I did just end up with another set.

AnonyMouse
08-29-2010, 05:42 PM
And I suppose I always really enjoyed not being 'one of the girls'. Like, when people go, "Oh, so and so likes such and such BECAUSE SHE'S A GIRL." I mean, you still get all that BS either way, I just always liked being able to escape a particular set of cliches. Even if I did just end up with another set.

Good grief, yes.

I've never had anyone say that I like something "because I'm a girl" (as opposed to, y'know, because I like it) - though people tend to assume that because I have a uterus, I'll be into certain things. "Here are the women's glasses; what do you think of this gold one with the little designs on it?" "You really don't want rose-shaped earrings?" "Oh, this blouse would look so cute on you!"

Most of it's situational, though. "You can't go into your friend's bedroom because you're a girl" - that hurt the worst. "You can't get your hair cut, because you're a girl." "Use this restroom, honey, it's for girls." "The girls' clothes are this way, dear." "No, we can't buy dolls for your cousin; he's a boy." "Go with your sister and cousin - you'll have a girls' night out!" GUWAAAAAH.

I don't care if I am excluded from every women-only space EVER if they will just stop doing this crap to me.