PDA

View Full Version : Who else saw this commercial

Raychel
08-30-2005, 06:26 AM
Last night my wife and I were watching "Two and a Half Men" when this commercial comes on, The father barges into the sons room and say "Son we have to talk" the son is in a dress and is putting on lipstick. The father starts going on about the son going over on his cell phone minutes. My wife looks at me and says "you are not going to start using my lipstick are you" I look back at her and said "You don't need to worry about that, and your dresses don't fit me" my wife said so as long as I don't get fat then I am safe. I said then you better watch out. We had a good chuckle about it.
:lol: :clap: :kissing: :cheer:

Colibri
08-30-2005, 06:50 AM
Who was the add for some times you can find a video of it on the web.

Deidra Cowen
08-30-2005, 06:55 AM
Very cool commercial but I have not seen it yet! But then again I don't watch too much TV.

Stephenie
08-30-2005, 09:04 AM
It was for T mobile. It was very funny. Not what you would expect from a cell phone company.

jo_ann
08-30-2005, 08:39 PM
nothing on adcritic.com, but I know there's another site out there that has more clips (don't remember what it was)

Raychel
08-31-2005, 07:24 AM
Thanks Stephenie for letting us know who the ad was for. I was to busy laughing to catch that detail.

In later developments as I was flipping thru the chanels last night I came across the most outragous moments in television. As I was watching the last few moments of it there was a clip from Jerry Springer that a guy stripped off his clothes and had a bra and panties on underneath. As he was prancing around on the television, My wife walked in. She just chuckled and said "why do I have to walk in and see this, are you trying to tell me something." That was a nice end to a rather stressful day. My wife is starting to loosen up about my dressing. (At least for now anyway) :rolleyes: :love:

Carla_CD
08-31-2005, 04:10 PM
I haven't seen that add from T-mobile, but it sure seems that we have become a big joke in the medias eyes.

Even in Cartoons - Shrek 2 for example.

tari
09-01-2005, 09:34 PM
I just saw the commercial. I thought it was funny. It did make us look silly though.

akass GG
09-01-2005, 11:14 PM
I saw that commercial!!! Thats funny it was just last night.I'm a GG going through some difficulties with my husbands cross dressing and the commercial made me laugh and I thought to my self " I guess there's a lot more out there then I really thought." It kind of made me feel a little more comfortable with my CD. Cute commercial huh....

Lilian
09-02-2005, 03:30 AM
I have not seen the add but would love to, :) AKASS I am a GG and have talked a lot about the dressing with my other half, it really if fun and we have lots of good times when he is dressed as a woman, One thing we did say though was we wondered just how many woman that we see in the streets are in fact men, Has anyone else thought about this :hugs:

Raychel
09-02-2005, 06:54 AM
I will admit that maybe it did make us look a bit silly. But Akass said "I guess there's a lot more out there then I really thought." It kind of made me feel a little more comfortable with my CD." Now if the GG's are starting to think that way, then life will get easier. And anyway if you can't have fun and laugh at yourself then life would be pretty boring.:rolleyes: And what the heck if Pinochio can wear panties, why can't I?

Stephenie
09-02-2005, 09:50 AM
Well it did show that a phone bill was more important than your son in a dress. And the lady at the end did like the dress.

Carla_CD
09-02-2005, 10:08 AM
Rachel - you are ready my mind!!!!

LOL

Carla

Carla_CD
09-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Raychel - Didn't mean to offend.

Lauren_T
09-02-2005, 10:20 AM
You gels are right, I think it's more the situation that's absurd, not the CD per se.

I feel it shows a CD in a real-life situation who isn't a monster or a parody. It'll help our cause a lot more than hinder it, IMNSHO.

I dare you to try and walk a mile in my shoes.

Funny you should say that! I've always said, "Before you judge a girl, walk a mile in her shoes!"

...That way, you'll be at least a mile away before she notices that you've got her shoes! :lol:

Kimberly
09-02-2005, 12:15 PM
I could rabbit on about the social side of CDing being accepted more, because the advert is making use of it rather than picking fun at it, and I could say about how it's helping SOs, and how your wife reacted...

but I'm not going to. :p

kysmet
09-02-2005, 06:11 PM
Finally saw the commercial last nite. It was funny, but I have to agree that the best part, in my opinion, was when Catherine Zeta says, 'Nice dress'. hehe

Ericka Jean

Raychel
09-02-2005, 07:13 PM
I guess that I will have to see it again, I totally missed the end where the lady says nice dress.

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-02-2005, 07:54 PM
Just saw it today. Cute commercial. The nice thing was that no one was disturbed by the kid's dressing -- and the kid even got a compliment from Catherine Zeta-Jones on his dress.

Of course the kid could definitely use some make-up and fashion lessons -- he looked like he'd borrowed granny's dress and had lipstick smeared everywhere. :D

Lauren_T
09-02-2005, 08:02 PM
Of course the kid could definitely use some make-up and fashion lessons -- he looked like he'd borrowed granny's dress and had lipstick smeared everywhere. :D

Welll, we all hadta start somewhere, at least the kid's on the right track... ;)

akass GG
09-06-2005, 10:39 PM
Hi Hils GG, My husband just recently dressed up for me for the first time we where both nerves but it turned out to be a beautiful night just like he looked. After he told me about him being a cd I wondered the same thing when I was at the grocery store. How many of them are out there and we just don't know. Actually we thought that one of our friends was maybe a cd too but turns out he's not, yes we asked.

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-06-2005, 11:36 PM
After he told me about him being a cd I wondered the same thing when I was at the grocery store. How many of them are out there and we just don't know.

For what it's worth, the estimates (across many different countries) are that at least 1 in 20 men are regular cross-dressers. A much larger percentage have experimented with it at some time. If I remember correctly, paramedics say that about 2-3% of male accident victims are found wearing an item of female clothing (usually panties), which would track with the other estimates, since not all CDs under-dress. So there's a lot of us running around. :)

Lauren_T
09-06-2005, 11:45 PM
... So there's a lot of us running around. :)I like to think that the media (& therefore the public) will snap to this, sooner rather than later.
:idea:

Daphne Renee
09-07-2005, 12:52 AM
LOL.. yeah I seen it.. The whole thing was funny..
Nothing else mattered except for the phone bill.. LOL
The kid wearing a dress wouldnt bother me obviously.. but I think the one who put a big whole in my house with the car might. :D

Rachel Ann
09-07-2005, 01:00 AM
Does anybody have a link for this?

Stormgirl
09-07-2005, 05:08 AM
just saw it the other day

PS - cell phones are the devil

Tristen Cox
09-07-2005, 07:43 AM
Does anybody have a link for this?
Would help wouldn't it

mand
09-07-2005, 07:52 AM
Well this is nothing to do with the original thread but I think it's an ad for something :confused:

http://filecabi.net/v.php?file=by-ladies.wmv&width=640&height=480

love mand xxx :)

Julie
09-07-2005, 07:56 AM
Cool Mand 28 posts in and we get a link to something (not the add mentioned) to watch. Love it, thanks..........:)

Julie

Tristen Cox
09-07-2005, 07:59 AM
OMG! Now if only we could do that! :D

Lauren_T
09-07-2005, 08:04 AM
OMG! Now if only we could do that! :D

Ah, but which ones of us would stop at two?? :eek: