PDA

View Full Version : Finally Started

maverick.saxena
08-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Hi ladies,

I had a desire to dress for so long and am finally putting that into place this week.

I did go buy a wig for me yesterday. I was a bit feared to get into the store but took the courage and went in. The staff was so friendly there and they had a salon setup where we could try on the wigs. The limit was only 5 wigs can be tried on but the lady there let me try more and finally I got black wig that's very long and I always lived long hair..

I am planning to shop panties and bra today or tomorrow , so would like some suggestions on which places to go that are CD friendy.

kimdl93
08-19-2010, 05:23 PM
First - set a budget!!! Then only exceed it by 50%. You're approaching this a little differently than most of us. I started with underthings, stockings etc. Didn't get my first outer wear for years, then breast forms...but still no wig. I think you're onto something!!!

sonna
08-19-2010, 05:27 PM
what i do is i go the next town (where knowbody knows me).

you can try on what ever you want at any store most of the places
i have been to are very nice and professional, also try any mall
they have seen it all

maverick.saxena
08-19-2010, 05:45 PM
First - set a budget!!! Then only exceed it by 50%. You're approaching this a little differently than most of us. I started with underthings, stockings etc. Didn't get my first outer wear for years, then breast forms...but still no wig. I think you're onto something!!!
I don't know if I am into something but... Always I wanted to be a girl and I wish to be a complete girl with all hair and dress... So thaz why I would like to buy complete stuff and start.. I dint know what your something meant too.. :)

charlie
08-19-2010, 08:48 PM
hello Monica!
Welcome to the forum. I hope it a place that you come for help, advice and friendship. Your wig buying experience should show you that people are not going to bite you when you are a paying customer. Many sales people will actually treat you better because they want to help you and find you different and baffling. Getting started with dressing can be quite expensive and trying as you do not really know your size, shape, style or taste yet. I suggest that you go to a Thrift Store like the Goodwill Store. Dresses, tops, skirts and pants abound ...all at cheap prices. There are dressing rooms and nobody cares what you buy, what you try on or that you are a man trying on ladies clothes. If you make a mistake, the cost is tiny. Make a mistake using a catalog, and you will be paying shipping each way, it takes months to get your money back and the clothes are more expensive. i also found that Thrift Stores have lots of items that are unworn and new with tags still. Bottom line...a good place to begin!

maverick.saxena
08-20-2010, 07:17 AM
thank ya all for your responses will definitely get to thrift store in next town and do that ...

AKAMichelle
08-20-2010, 07:46 AM
I hope the experience of going out will be everything you ever dreamed of.

pernille d
08-20-2010, 08:28 AM
First - set a budget!!! Then only exceed it by 50%.

he he!!! love it that sums us up in a nutshell .

take your time and find a style and get to know your size and i can see if you got a wig first that you are not so bashfull, so use the SA,s and get there comments , as i threw a lot of everyday clothes away to start with as i just brought the wrong stuff.

happy shopping

DonnaT
08-20-2010, 12:25 PM
I am planning to shop panties and bra today or tomorrow , so would like some suggestions on which places to go that are CD friendy.

Depends on sizes, as there is a small overlap between Victoria's Secret and Lane Bryant. Either can be a help in a number of towns, but not all towns.

No trying on of panties, though. Heck, go to Wal-mart with some idea of bra size and try them on.

And it doesn't hurt to ask an SA, if you are unsure. If they say no, go somewhere else.