PDA

View Full Version : A really good day on my journey

Ashleythenewgirl
08-19-2010, 11:27 PM
Well more rambling from that Ashley gurl!
I had some time to myself today so I went wig shopping. I had called ahead yesterday out of courtesy to see if it would be an issue. The owner of the store was very welcoming and said she would even open early to help make me feel comfortable! Anyway I stopped in and she personally helped me try on several styles and was full of great advice. Overall a very positive experience. Plus the feeling of seeing that wig on me! Whoa! Made me hate to leave lol. I plan to get it off hold in about two weeks.
Then I picked up the wife from work and she says "let's go shopping at Ross". I was a bit surprised but excited- since coming out to her she said I don't want to be "girlfriends" and go shopping with you. We shopped for her (well I looked for me too!) and it was really neat....there was this sort of sense that she knew I was shopping for me but we never said a word. I don't want to pressure her at all but I was so close to buying a couple of pairs of nice panties! I told myself...patience. I need to earn her trust on this whole thing and build her comfort level. But it was so fun just being with her there!
Ok enough! Just had to share with you all! Thanks!
Ashley

kimdl93
08-19-2010, 11:44 PM
.....earn her trust on this whole thing and build her comfort level. But it was so fun just being with her there!
Ashley

Whats important is that you are there for her, not just for yourself. In the long run, she'll appreciate it!

BiancaEstrella
08-20-2010, 12:01 AM
Whats important is that you are there for her, not just for yourself. In the long run, she'll appreciate it!

I came to say exactly this. It seems like she may be warming to you already. Just keep it going at an easy pace, and I'm sure you'll get the trust and support from her that you want. You did well!

Chickhe
08-20-2010, 12:03 AM
torture! in the candy store but can't eat any.

nvlady
08-20-2010, 12:15 AM
I think she was testing you and you passed the test.
She is pushing the door open, so don't yank it open, let her open it at her speed.
You did good.

Ashleythenewgirl
08-20-2010, 12:17 AM
Thanks for all your support! It was really something....I can't put it in words here but I think you know what I mean. She didn't say anything like you should get this etc but....just good energy there.

Tasha McIntyre
08-20-2010, 11:05 AM
That is great progress Ashley, well done for getting out there.

I think she was testing you and you passed the test.
She is pushing the door open, so don't yank it open, let her open it at her speed.
You did good.

Wow, this could be the start of something wonderful. Hope it progresses well.

Tash :)

Ashleythenewgirl
08-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks Tash! I really want to do everything I can to make her feel loved and appreciated. After all she has done for me! And to accept and support me now....I am fortunate.
Hugs

Inna
08-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Of course I must give my :2c:, how else! I think she went there for you babe, she doesn't want to say it out loud to give you permission to just go wild and perhaps go too far and silly. Sounds like she is your loving and caring soul mate who listens and cares. How else after what you have told her and her response was "Don't want a girlfriend" and then she would have asked you to go shopping? She took you by hand and gave you permission and you did awesome by behaving like you did.

Ashleythenewgirl
08-20-2010, 11:39 PM
Hmmm...Alexia I had not thought about it that way. I did get excited, really excited so the pink fog settled in. But thank you, I appreciate your ":2c:" and your compliment.
This is so encouraging and reassuring. You all are so wonderful.
Thank you
Ashley

AKAMichelle
08-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Seems like she is trying to be accepting. Sounds like she made a huge step for her. Congratulations

Ashleythenewgirl
08-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Thanks Michelle. I think so too as I was worried that my newly shaved legs might bother her in some way. But she said no not all!
Life is good.

Cassandra Lynn
08-21-2010, 07:12 PM
Hiya Ash, was it Kathy's Wig Boutique? i had exchanged emails with her several moths ago, thinking i was going in for a fitting, she was very professional and accepting, didn't seem to mind allowing me to come in during the middle of the day either. If indeed it was her shop, let me know how it went, would like to get in there myself soon.
mj (Cassie)

Leslie Langford
08-21-2010, 08:01 PM
Well more rambling from that Ashley gurl!
I had some time to myself today so I went wig shopping. I had called ahead yesterday out of courtesy to see if it would be an issue. The owner of the store was very welcoming and said she would even open early to help make me feel comfortable! Anyway I stopped in and she personally helped me try on several styles and was full of great advice. Overall a very positive experience. Plus the feeling of seeing that wig on me! Whoa! Made me hate to leave lol. I plan to get it off hold in about two weeks.
Then I picked up the wife from work and she says "let's go shopping at Ross". I was a bit surprised but excited- since coming out to her she said I don't want to be "girlfriends" and go shopping with you. We shopped for her (well I looked for me too!) and it was really neat....there was this sort of sense that she knew I was shopping for me but we never said a word. I don't want to pressure her at all but I was so close to buying a couple of pairs of nice panties! I told myself...patience. I need to earn her trust on this whole thing and build her comfort level. But it was so fun just being with her there!
Ashley

Good for you, Ashley, and it sounds as if you are doing all the right things (and at your wife's speed and comfort level) to get to where you ultimately want to be in gaining her acceptance of your crossdressing.

However, don't get lost in the pink fog just yet. The journey ahead of you is still a long one, with many unexpected bumps and twist and turns of the road yet to come. GG's are notorious for their mood swings, and what might be perfectly fine today could be totally unacceptable tomorrow, and then back again the next day. The best example of this is the apparent flip-flop that you seem to have just experienced in her willingness to go clothes shopping with you. In that same vein, I pity the poor fool who actually believed his SO when she said "No, I don't really want you to get me anything for my birthday/Valentine's Day/Anniversary/Christmas etc. - I already have everything I need". He's probably still sleeping on the floor with the dog.

Be prepared to do a lot of schmoozing - and not to put too fine a point on it - @$$-kissing, and even then, the outcome will not be certain. And the real acid test will be if she can refrain from throwing your crossdressing in your face and making you feel about 2" high because of it the next time you two have a serious argument.

Sorry if I appear to be peeing on your parade, Ashley, but as they say, "been there, done that", and more often than not, reality does bite :sad:.

Ashleythenewgirl
08-21-2010, 10:56 PM
Leslie,
thanks for your input. It's words like these that are helping me clear a way through that pink fog. I have to say, my wife is a truly wonderful person. I admit this is a huge burden placed on her. But she's a very mature and wise person in so many ways.
Your advice helps, I'm willing to learn!
Hugs
Ashley

kynw08
08-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Good for you hun!(this is the same kyndal you talked to online the other night ;))

Ashleythenewgirl
08-21-2010, 11:10 PM
Thanks Kyndal! I hope you are doing well!