PDA

View Full Version : Had a great time .. and all for charity!

Kara Connor
08-20-2010, 01:44 AM
OK, so I'm lying about the "all for charity". Last Saturday I was on the "Schools Out Party Bus" in Seattle to raise money for the Lambert House LGBT Youth Center charity. The theme was an excuse for most of the attendees to dress as schoolgirls. I have to admit I was slightly conflicted about this since part of me thought it maybe diminished/reduced what Kara is about, then I thought about how many times I'd wished I'd had the courage to "be a teenage girl" when I was a teenager, so darn it, sieze the opportunity. Plus, it's for charity!

The friends who invited me were kind enough to let me change at their place (I have young children who don't yet know about Kara) and the I drove us to meet the bus at Purr in Seattle. The crowd was mostly gay men, with around a dozen GGs and a couple of CDs. I was made to feel very welcome (though I did get tagged as "The Straight One" :) ), and we called in number of different locations from parks, and bars to hotels, collecting money and having fun. Because I had volunteered to drive some friends home afterwards I think I was one of the few sober people on the bus, which was great because I was able to appreciate the constant stream of always witty and sometimes plain outrageous remarks from the particpants. We were asked to pose for pictures by several groups and individuals we met, and the reception was positive everywhere. Drove my friends back in the early hours and spent the night at their place, got a little more Kara time the next morning, then removed all the makeup, had a shower and went home. Like after Esprit 2010, I've felt high all week since.

I've added a few pictures to my photo collection on my profile. I don't always dress like that, honest!

crossdrezzer1
08-20-2010, 02:43 AM
sounds fun ,,,, ummmm,,,, no pictures to be found on your profile..

randumbness
08-20-2010, 03:31 AM
OMG, I sound ****ty for saying it, but I've always wanted a schoolgirl outfit. Sounds like a lot of fun, and totally for "charity." It counts. xD

jessica renee
08-20-2010, 05:52 AM
Sounds like a really fun time!

Kara Connor
08-21-2010, 01:08 PM
sounds fun ,,,, ummmm,,,, no pictures to be found on your profile..

There is a delay whilst they approved by the moderator, which has now happened, plus you have to be on my contacts list to see them. Send me a "friend request"!

My next planned trip out will be the Emerald City meeting in September. I'm looking forward to going there and meeting some new people.