PDA

View Full Version : This will take some getting used to

Danni Bear
08-20-2010, 04:04 AM
Have you ever been embarassed. I didn't think it could happen.

Last nite at church my husband giggled at me. I haven't been in several weeks due to other things. We have started to have seperate Bible study groups for men and women. Not even thinking I went in the one set aside for the men, sat down and opened my Bible. Leaning over he whispered, Honey you are in the wrong room. Everybody was grinning, I turned red as a tomato.

Has anyone else ever done anything like this?
How would you react? It was a completely unconsicous act.

:hugs:
Danni Beard

dieselman79
08-20-2010, 06:18 AM
yeah I've done stuf like that, usually when I'm thinking about things other than what I am doing. I just have to laugh with wveryone else and just go on.

EllieOPKS
08-20-2010, 08:52 AM
Probably one of the funniest things that ever happened to me along those lines, I went in a public restroom and was standing at the urinal when a lady came out of the only stall in the restroom. She exclaimed "Oh My God!". I said " Common now, its not that big" Then she yelled "I'm in the wrong restroom you idiot" and bolted out the door. I couldn't stop laughing because she was totally beside herself. Here's the funniest part, I walk into my doctors waiting room and she is sitting there waiting on her appointment. She turned beet red. I just smiled and gave her a wink.

Chickhe
08-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Ellie's story reminds me of the time I brought my young daughter to the Dr. She had to use the restroom and was not old enough to go on her own, so I accompanied her...was the nurse ever put-off by that...said I should have go in the mens... I just said, I was just moral support and I don't want her in the men's room. To me it was the right thing to do. Anyways, the reason I mention it, is the same issue for TG people... and this whole business of going in the wrong room is stupid... at home we all share the same room, public washrooms should all be the family/gender neutral kind... or people should grow up a bit and use common sense.

Sophie86
08-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Hmm. Beginning when I was six years old, I wore my hair very long. This was back when most boys had buzz cuts. As a consequence, I was often mistaken for a girl.

When I was about 8, I was at the local wrestling arena, and went down to the concession stand to ask for directions to the bathroom. The lady told me where it was, so I be-bopped in without bothering to look at the sign on the door. When I got into the stall, I noticed a pair of high heels in the stall next to me. That's when it dawned on me that I was in the wrong place. As I told my mom later when she asked me what I did: "I just 'faked it' and got out of there!" :laughing:

I met two other ladies walking in as I was walking out. I just smiled at them like I was supposed to be there. They smiled back and I hurried on out. lol.

I got into the wrong bathroom recently as an adult too. It was at a local state park hiking with my daughter. I thought I remembered which was the men's room, so I just walked in without checking the sign. A lady came in while I was washing my hands. I'm sure I blushed, but I tried to act casual about it. "Did I get into the wrong bathroom?" "Yes, you did." "Oops! My bad." She didn't seem too bothered. :)

Dee Model
08-22-2010, 03:39 AM
I'm an athiest. Sorry.

Fab Karen
08-22-2010, 05:21 AM
I'm wondering about the point of dividing along gender lines for such a thing.

AKAMichelle
08-22-2010, 02:23 PM
After being out a lot dressed for several day in a row, I almost walked right into the women's bathroom. I guess I was on auto-pilot

linnea
08-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Like some others, after several days or more dressed femme all the time, I sometimes catch myself headed for the women's restrooms after I'm back in male mode. I haven't gone in yet, but I've come awfully close. I think that if I did it, it would really be funny rather than a big problem. Still I hope that I don't do it.

Jamie001
08-22-2010, 02:48 PM
I always wonder why some churches have separate Bible Study groups for men and women. It seems to be that Bible Study should be the same for men and women because it is about conveying a message and applying Biblical concepts to your life. Why do most churches insist on this segregation?

Have you ever been embarassed. I didn't think it could happen.

Last nite at church my husband giggled at me. I haven't been in several weeks due to other things. We have started to have seperate Bible study groups for men and women. Not even thinking I went in the one set aside for the men, sat down and opened my Bible. Leaning over he whispered, Honey you are in the wrong room. Everybody was grinning, I turned red as a tomato.

Has anyone else ever done anything like this?
How would you react? It was a completely unconsicous act.

:hugs:
Danni Beard

Tina P Hose
08-22-2010, 04:04 PM
maybe it is because that men wrote the Bible....just kidding...lol !!!

Eva_nine
08-22-2010, 04:13 PM
i was chaperoning my son's 3rd grade camping weekend, boys in one cabin girls in the other with a shower house between. i am the definition of a night owl and typically don't go to sleep until i hear birds chirping even on days i have to work at 8am the next morning. So, true to my night owl form, after an hour of laying in bed sleepless i decided to go for a run for a few miles, i showered, sat outside playing tetris on my phone. etc etc.

when i was finally tired i accidentally walked into the wrong cabin(the furniture was arranged exactly the same), i removed my shirt and went to climb into my bed. luckily i realized my bed was occupied before i curled up under the covers with one of the teachers.

as it was i only had to explain my case of mistaken cabin identity to the school nurse who happened to be out smoking when i left the wrong cabin.