PDA

View Full Version : Why we dress

Christina2008
08-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Is it a built in from birth feeling/desire or is it something that can happen to anyone at any point?

Could it be a desire for more femininity in our life that maybe our current situation isn’t delivering? An imbalance in our male/female equilibrium if you like.

Fab Karen
08-20-2010, 07:45 PM
This subject has been done to death before. You may as well ask why some people like broccoli.

kellycan27
08-20-2010, 07:48 PM
So we don't get arrested for going outside naked? :heehee:

Alice Torn
08-20-2010, 08:18 PM
I may get some flack for this, but, i think youare on to something. I see, and I have heard a few wise men on radio, say, that there has been a massive, long attack on both masculinity and femininity, the past 45 years. I was looking at a history of local baseball, in Rockford, Illinois. All the ladies' baseball teams wore skirts, during the 1940's. Also saw photos of nursing staffs, in Tacoma Wash. hospitals, and theyall wore dresses, up until the 1970's or 80's. With the near "death of the skirt, and dress", recently, where the vast,huge majority of girls and women choose to wear pants most or all of the time, it has been like a new dark age, where true femininity, has greatly declined. I am not saying that is what makes most of us dress, but, it could play a factor, in why many more men are experimenting with trying on dresses. We just don't see that many females dressing up. I remember, in 1971, the girls in my high school, were first allowed to wear pants to school. Something was never the same.

Christina2008
08-20-2010, 09:11 PM
My vague subject title may be confusing; maybe I should have said “A possible reason for CD’ing”

Not meant to be another, Why do you dress thread.

Just thinking out loud.

docrobbysherry
08-20-2010, 09:44 PM
But, CDing came rite out of nowhere for me. At age 50+!:eek:

ArleneRaquel
08-20-2010, 09:47 PM
But, CDing came rite out of nowhere for me. At age 50+!:eek:

I started at the age of eight.:battingeyelashes:

Steph.TS
08-20-2010, 09:57 PM
I remember when I was like 3 or 4 wondering what it would be like to be a girl, when I was around 10 - 12 years old I started dressing, and would have continued possibly advanced further but was caught and was told it was wrong, I've started again, as I work with a beautiful woman and she wears wonderful clothes and it insipired me to start again (I wouldn't dress at work) ultimately I think the reason is likely I want to be a woman or experience what it is to be a woman...

ArleneRaquel
08-20-2010, 10:02 PM
I believe that genetics plays a big role in ones' desire to crossdresser and the amount of time that one does it. As I have gotten older I have dressed more & more, also because I am retired & a widower I can dress whenever I care to, which for 6+ years has been nearly 100% of the time. :battingeyelashes:

Lucy_Bella
08-20-2010, 10:14 PM
I wish I knew the answer... I started very early ... So it wasn't sexualy driven ....To me , I just felt I had to do it and at that age it felt like it was a natural thing to do...

Now going through years of suppression and a never ending battle of my EGO I continue to deny it openly .. I stay very deep in the closet , how can something that feels so right to me , be so wrong ? However being single now Lucy makes regular appearances and the urge to become open has grown .

I know, I will never be fully open about my Femme side , but I have a strong desire that my next lady friend MUST be ok with me .. I don't see myself being with anyone who cannot accept me as a whole..

sometimes_miss
08-21-2010, 08:24 AM
You can find as many different reasons as you can find crossdressers. Mine is because I was conditioned into it while in my developmental years, so it 'stuck'. You can read my bio for more info on that process, just click the link at the bottom of this post. Feel free to message me with any questions you may have.

Wink
08-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Hmmmm, part of me always knew there was something there, when I first started highschool I realised what it was just never acted on it until later, too scared thinking it was a passing phase I guess!!

melissacd
08-21-2010, 05:40 PM
I totally feel that my cross dressing desires are driven by a need to just express my authentic self which happens to be feminine.

Tina B.
08-21-2010, 07:14 PM
I don't know why, but I started when I was around 6 years old, had just as much Feminine influence as male, and I grew up in the 50's when women still wore dresses and skirts way more than pants, but none of that seemed to slow me down any.
Tina B.

sissystephanie
08-21-2010, 08:11 PM
I tried on a pair of panties at age 6, and have been a CD for most of the time since! I dress only because I like the fit, feel, and look of feminine clothing! That is the only reason that I dress!! BTW, I was 6 years old 72 years ago!

johnboy23
08-21-2010, 09:10 PM
It is in our genes. Scientist say that animals will desplay CDing tendencies. Animals also are gay. Its about the same percentage as the human population. There is your answer. Our genes.

Steph.TS
08-21-2010, 09:30 PM
It is in our genes. Scientist say that animals will desplay CDing tendencies. Animals also are gay. Its about the same percentage as the human population. There is your answer. Our genes.

how do animals CD?

Sarah Doepner
08-21-2010, 11:40 PM
I don't know why we crossdress but I know I'd love to find a way to make it more common and acceptable. The isolation and fear that it breeds is terrible, particularly since all we do is try to find more about who we are and celebrate that part of our personality. Honestly, of the several thousand of you who have been on the site, I have a request. Those of you who have crossdressed to a) commit serial homicides, or b) rob banks, or c) lure children into abusive situations, or d) do something extremely unsavory with domesticated livestock, please raise your hands.

Okay, thank you. Now both of you leave the room and report to the local police department.

The rest of us are doing something that comes to us naturally. Don't know why for sure.

TinaMc
08-22-2010, 02:38 AM
how do animals CD?

Some small male cuttlefish pretend they are lady cuttlefish to mate: http://www.nature.com/news/2005/050117/full/news050117-9.html

Steph.TS
08-22-2010, 02:58 AM
Some small male cuttlefish pretend they are lady cuttlefish to mate: http://www.nature.com/news/2005/050117/full/news050117-9.html

:eek: wow I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't read it... nature is really full of surprises lol

eluuzion
08-22-2010, 03:06 AM
We will probably never figure it out. Here is a theory...

Maybe the ultimate answer lies in understanding mankind.

"Maybe in order to understand mankind, we have to look at the word itself. Mankind. Basically, it is made up of two separate words--- 'mank' and 'ind'. What do these words mean? It's a mystery, and that's why so is mankind"

there, all better...:heehee:

:love:

crossdrezzer1
08-22-2010, 08:13 AM
not agree'ing with this but could it be that we might like to dissapear from what society has ruled for us and live in a fanasy world were we can let our guard down and not be strong and feel weak even just for a few hours,, something like a stress reliever,, ??

patricia 402
08-22-2010, 08:42 AM
for what its worth.
from what ive read and studied, we are born with more female hormones than your average male. makes sence to me? :battingeyelashes:

Valerie1973
08-22-2010, 09:19 AM
The motives will always be a mystery until some psychologist unravels it and says here it is, "the spark". Whatever right? Womens fashions and the infatuation on femininity may drive some of us here. Nature or Nurture? Can Nature be Nurtured? Psychologists want to call it obsessive behavior, therapists will try and help you except these feelings. All these posts, everyones reasons, put it all into a big blender. I cant help myself having some obsession with womens cloths, feeling femm, acting out woman like, dressing up, having an eye for fashion, whatever. For all its worth, we all have our own journey,we're all different. So girl up:D -Valerie

Greymancd
08-22-2010, 09:28 AM
First of all you look very cute Christina. As to why I dress I do not know why the desire is there or where it came from. It is exciting and an extension of my sexuality. I read abot it some and found that at my age there are more crossdressers than at most other ages so I chalked it up to hormonal changes. It is a real mystery as other mystries like why a man is attracted and turned on by just looking at a woman. It triggers a chemical reaction in the body. I figure that some subtle changes in my chemistry and now I just want to look feminine and pretty, even if I never can, in my mind I am.

Angie G
08-22-2010, 09:54 AM
I think it's printed in us girls It just takes longer for it to come out in some of us. As to why who knows :hugs:
Angie

jenna_woods
08-22-2010, 10:21 AM
that's one thing each of us has to answer to them self,my self I don't chare why I dress I just jnow I enjoy everything about it and I will never stop.

johnboy23
08-22-2010, 12:33 PM
how do animals CD?

They will display female actions. Whatever the animal is they will portray the female ways. I have no idea what animals do it I just know there are. I went to a seminar/meeting to see the scientist that found the gay gene and he was talking about the animals that are gay and CD.

Pythos
08-22-2010, 02:47 PM
er....because I like how the clothes feel to put on and wear. I like the sensation of smooth nylon covered legs. I like how the sheen of spandex adds to my legs.

I like how long hair feels as it gently caresses my shoulders.

All of which was denied me just because I am male.

Frédérique
08-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Is it a built in from birth feeling/desire or is it something that can happen to anyone at any point?
Could it be a desire for more femininity in our life that maybe our current situation isn’t delivering? An imbalance in our male/female equilibrium if you like.

I wonder. I began to follow this path, met little resistance, liked the surroundings, and decided to go a little further each and every time. My circumstances pointed me to this hidden path through a dark forest, but there was a tactile revelation that sparked my interest to look for it. Just feeling delicate fabric, so at-odds with my drab boyish wardrobe, was an enlightening experience, and I still get a rush from touching “forbidden” clothing. Being an artist, I have an aptitude for touch, so you might say I was born to discover crossdressing – the male /female imbalance alluded to in your OP may have been there (from birth) as well, but I chalk it up to curiosity, perhaps married with a love of things you aren’t supposed to do. A boy becomes a girl, at least in appearance, but the boy was a girl to begin with – he just wanted to complete this inevitability and embrace his own whole self. The dressing merely hints at what is going on under the surface…:)

Satrana
08-23-2010, 04:32 AM
but I chalk it up to curiosity, perhaps married with a love of things you aren’t supposed to do.
Best answer yet. When I look for a common denominator between everyone's experiences, it appears to be that at some point in our lives we develop a thought "What would it be like to be a girl". We find this idea attractive so we explore it in dreams and fantasies and slowly this idea morphs into a desire to physically recreate it through clothes.

Why we have this initial thought can be brought about by numerous circumstances but basically it boils down into either a wish to avoid onerous male responsibilities or a desire to enjoy female privileges or a combination of both.

There is no evidence we are born CDs rather a more plausible explanation is that we were born tomgirls - simply boys who naturally are attracted to things society has deemed to be exclusively female. If we lived in a free society where we were dressed in skirts and pants by our parents then our natural inclination would have been obvious from early on when we would showed greater interest in feminine looks and behaviors. But because of the big bad taboo, the true nature of our personalities lay undiscovered hidden under male conditioning until we all individually hit upon it by accident later on.

Patty B.
08-23-2010, 04:38 AM
In my case probably just born this way first started around 3rd or 4th grade, no idea why, I just had to do it and pretty feel much the same way, age 57 and I still try to figure out why I'm this way and I still dont know exactly.

Gerrijerry
08-23-2010, 04:47 AM
I started crossdressing just before I was born. Because the only person I could relate to was a woman. Hey wait aren't all people who have chrildren woman, I must have picked up something in the womb. See it is not my fault, Lets blame it on .....Silly right, it is not why we are who we are, but simple being and accepting ourselves that is important.

Patricia Jane
08-23-2010, 06:34 AM
I enjoy dressing. I am able to do so.My wife has know for 41 years. she helps buy clothing and makeup for me. It is fun and enjoyable, and I not not hurting anyone. The best part God knows---He nows all!:love: