PDA

View Full Version : One small step for man, one giant ... meh

Mikaela
08-21-2010, 02:05 AM
I ride a motorcycle to work and keep minimal keys on that keyring so I can't get in my car when I got home. I keep some stuff from the grocery store, such as extra diet cokes, in the trunk of my car. When I got home from work today, I noticed I was down to my last Coke Zero. So, I used that as an excuse for Mikaela to go out the front door tonight, even if only for a minute.

I can't believe how much time I prepped tonight for a minute. I'm still shaking!

I know I took a candlelit bubble bath. My legs are epilated, but I hit them with that thing before the bath. I painted my nails, too. In the bath, I relaxed, shaved stuff, including my arms. Once I was out, I shaved face, and put on the makeup. Normally I can get it together in a few minutes, but tonight I took my time and surprised myself. Crap, I just realized I didn't wear the glasses as added diguise.

I put on my dress and heels (and not the glasses! Grr!!!), took 50 photos with the camera and grabbed my keys!

The apartment complex is 2 stories with open courtyard, over a garage. I'm in the back corner of the 2nd story. I peeked out and worked my way down the stairs. Someone was on the far side, but said nothing, after all, it was 11:30pm. I was going to go out the side door to ground level and then sneak through a side door down to the garage, but the gate key hole was jammed! Damn! So I walked out on the public sidewalk, down the steps, through the front door and then through to the garage.

I got my cokes from the trunk, walked out the side door that I had planned on coming through and back up and out. Then back in and up to my apartment.

Through the door! Whew! It's over.

It's not much for many of you, but it was for me. Thought I'd share it and here's a picture!
<3

Time for a Coke Zero.

Edited: Added pic of me in glasses. Now you buggers can't recognize me! Muahhahaahah

Persephone
08-21-2010, 02:28 AM
Damn, girl, but you look good! If I had a CokeĀ® Zero here I'd raise it in a toast to your triumph! Way to go!

maverick.saxena
08-21-2010, 02:48 AM
hi gal .. I love you with glasses.. and u look so stunning ..keep going :)

Catina
08-21-2010, 03:03 AM
Hiya Nutmeg from another Calif Girl,
You look fab ! I remember the first time I worked up the courage to shop Lowe's department store en femme and as I looked around at all the female shoppers and realized that I was one of them ..... my heart sang with excitement. In that event I was so fired up that I ended up going to Ross, TJ Maxx, and Target stores all in one day .... I was on a roll and I know you will be too when you're ready. Meantime looking forward to seeing more of your pics and hearing about your great adventures as your confidence grows! Hugs, Catina

Mikaela
08-21-2010, 03:09 AM
Thanks so much for the encouragement. I noticed on the larger view of the pics I took for the glasses (they are just clear lenses, no Rx) that there is a bit of shrubbery in my hair from when I fiddled with the side security fence and couldn't get in. Heh.

Gillian
08-21-2010, 03:17 AM
Wow you look so pretty in those pictures, good for you on your courage, I think it would be the only time of day I would dare to venture from back garden to front or car!

Rianna Humble
08-21-2010, 03:31 AM
That took a lot of courage, well done! :hugs: I like the preparations too - if a gurl's going to go out, she might as well look her best.

pernille d
08-21-2010, 03:32 AM
Through the door! Whew! It's over.

E

well done girl . but what the heck where you worrying about and the above comment i can understand but is not justifyed as you look just great so i doubt anyone would say anything anyway if at all they even noticed .

" strike while the iron is hot " as they say in english try and get out agian soon so it does not become a one off affair and soon it will all be a lot easier and you will wonder waht all the worry was about .

do love the dress too

Mikaela
08-21-2010, 03:45 AM
eff it. It's 1:45 and I'm still hyper. Changed outfits and going down to get the other 2. :D

Ashleythenewgirl
08-21-2010, 04:03 AM
Meg you look great. More inspiration to this new gurl!

Mikaela
08-21-2010, 04:07 AM
OK, back. Got the other two.
I went out the side door again, but went straight around the sidewalk to the front door and in again. No sweat. This time I came back through the court yard and up in front of other doors. The heels I was wearing echoes more on that surface and I heard a dog barking because of it. Oh well. More Coke Zero for me.

I went out with the different frames this time. Oh, and I was feeling frisky in that picture. :*

Olivia2
08-21-2010, 04:20 AM
The glasses work very well for you. Not everybody can wear them well and you certainly can.

Claire Cook
08-21-2010, 04:38 AM
That first step is the hardest -- take a deep breath and get redy for the next one! The glasses really work and I love that dress on you.

Rachel05
08-21-2010, 05:43 AM
I like your story and you are right it would be a big deal for me too, so I am happy that you made it. I also like the look of your pics, so went off to the link to flickr, you have some great pics and look really good

CdChloe
08-21-2010, 06:31 AM
You look great! No reason to feel shaky, you'd pass like a straight a student:)

Miranda09
08-21-2010, 07:08 AM
You look great Nutmeg...very natural. Nice pushing the boundaries...isn't it??? :)

SusanLCD
08-21-2010, 07:12 AM
Congratulations, Nutmeg! You did wonderfully. And, by the way, you look very good. Based on your photos, you will blend in very well. Once you can get away from your apartment complex to places where no one knows you, you will have no difficulties.

It's so exciting to see the world in this new way.

I might caution you about leaving diet soft drinks in your car during summer. Some diet drinks are adversely affected by heat and can become toxic. While I'm no chemist, I believe the ones containing Aspertame (sp?) can make you quite sick if they've been allowed to absorb heat. (It's difficult to know how hot the interior of your trunk will be during a summer afternoon.) Grandma Susan wants to be sure that you remain healthy so you can enjoy further adventures. :worried:

Thank you for sharing your excitement. It reminds us all of how wonderful that is.

Megan70
08-21-2010, 07:24 AM
A small baby step indeed for a newbie, but be proud of the ice breaking move. A year or two from now you will be going to the store itself Mikaela to buy your cokes, plus lipstick, mascara, pantyhose and hairspray.. oh and some tampoons. And you'll get ready in half the time, skip the bath and leg shave and throw on some casual blend-in female clothes and be out at high noon til 5 pm.
Don't laugh the day will come and you'll look back on this as a Christopher Columbus exploer.
Good Luck!

dieselman79
08-21-2010, 08:06 AM
THe glasses are a great touch, I have always thought they are a great look on women.

StaceyJane
08-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Now you have a whole new world to explore.

Enjoy!!

Sara Jessica
08-21-2010, 08:20 AM
I don't know what is making me smile more, hearing of your charming story about your brave steps into the outside world or seeing the pictures of a gorgeous woman who is so utterly convincing in her presentation that being out and about regularly should be an absolute priority. That is if it's the right thing to do in your heart...I'm guessing it might be :) ...congrats!!!

Tanya83
08-21-2010, 08:35 AM
Looks like somebody had a fun night! Kudos to you. You look great. :)

boardpuppy
08-21-2010, 08:50 AM
Congrats Nutmeg, you look wonderful in all of your outfits. Your outings were exciting but they won't be enough in the future, you will demand more and more (from your drab self) as you walk this journey.

Hugs,
Alice

Cassandra Lynn
08-21-2010, 09:14 AM
You look very, very passible IMO, Nutmeg, but i understand the need to take it slow. Trying to force past your comfort level could lead to being so nervous that you bring attention to yourself. But i too see no reason that you can't make it "out there".
Congrats on making these initial steps, the world awaits you, and thanx as well for inspiring me.
mj (Cassie)

connie23
08-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Nutmeg,
You look really great and a spicy. I think you are wise to take it slow and be sure you are really expressing who you are. Here's to many more eciting yet safe adventures.
Hugs,
Connie

Bobbie Bee
08-21-2010, 09:27 AM
I think you look great and I don't think anyone would have known otherwise. That little trip sounded like a real thrill and fun adventure.

TxKimberly
08-21-2010, 09:27 AM
Nutmeg, this is exactly how many of us started getting out the door. OK, maybe not running after coke zero, but doing little things. I have to give you credit, reading your post brought back that old rush of a adrenalin I used to get when I peeked out the door, heart pounding, and then snuck to the car for a quick drive! As silly as it sounds, I kind of miss that little rush of fear and excitement!
Anyway, don't trivialize these important first steps. Most of us had them, and more than likely they will lead to your being confident enough to do what ever you want to do in the future.

AKAMichelle
08-21-2010, 09:30 AM
You looked so good why didn't you go somewhere exciting.

renee k
08-21-2010, 09:39 AM
As many of the girls have said getting out the door the first time can be toughest thing to do. But once you get over that, the world is your oyster. So get out there and enjoy being Mikaela. From what I've seen of your photo's, you won't have any problems.

Renee

JoanAz
08-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Nutmeg; Your look is great i am jealous, one improvment all your pictures you are not wearing Nylons, they will greatly improve your leg look (soften) and you have GREAT:D Legs...in summer light tan or tan will look great and THE FELING IS WONDERFULL on shaved legs:hugs:

:love:

jessica renee
08-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Congratulations on your first time out of your apartment. You'll only want to do more and go more places now. And I agree with the others who've said that you look great.

Inna
08-21-2010, 10:15 AM
Wow girl, I am feeling the time is coming not even a locked gate will be able to keep you in. You look awesome, I think I like the unglassed look but the second thicker frames look good. Go get them Coke Zeros girl, and make sure one at the time and maybe just park half a mile away:D

Chickhe
08-21-2010, 10:21 AM
When I lived in an appartment building I did a few small trips like you did, but I was too scared the neighbors would be watching out of their peep holes... so I stayed indoors. I wish I had the courage then to go out because nobody knows whos car is whos and the only time you see your neighbors is once in a blue moon in the elevator. So if you dress they would never place you. The only trick I would use is to somehow make your front door silent so people can't hear when you come and go and use the staircase for one persona and the elevator for the other. I also thought having a second door in the hallway would be cool because you could make it look like a separate appartment. But..afterall living in fear is a lot harder than just living... so if you can get past your fears...just go out and if you get noticed, just smile with confidence.

Sara Jessica
08-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Nutmeg; Your look is great i am jealous, one improvment all your pictures you are not wearing Nylons, they will greatly improve your leg look (soften) and you have GREAT:D Legs...in summer light tan or tan will look great and THE FELING IS WONDERFULL on shaved legs

Recommending nylons for someone who can truly make the bare leg look rock??? I think not!!!

Besides, she's wearing sandals, y'all know better ;).

Lee51964
08-21-2010, 12:44 PM
you look like one of the women I work with

Mikaela
08-21-2010, 02:43 PM
Post 200!

Wow, it sure is great to get such wonderful support, although it really should come as no surprise. I've seen it time and time again here.

Thank you all for the compliments, they really make me want to just go back out, although I do want to get a purse, some accessories, and a new wig.

It took me forever to get to sleep. Must have been all the caffeine or the energy from the walk about.

I was surprised with the glasses. Andrea, I got them at bluedame.com. Dirt cheap. I wear contact lenses now, but haven't worn glasses since 97. I think it's great that they are just another piece of an ensemble and can make you look younger or more sophisticated or whatever.

And I have to agree with Sara :thumbsup:, no hose for me if I'm wearing sandals. I don't see GGs my age or younger doing it unless they are in a show or something.

melissacd33
08-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Looking great, girl! :) Very sexy.

Olivia2
08-21-2010, 05:17 PM
And I have to agree with Sara :thumbsup:, no hose for me if I'm wearing sandals. I don't see GGs my age or younger doing it unless they are in a show or something.

Living also in So. Cal., very few girls wear hose anytime, regardless of outfit. In my former hometown, hose were much more common. You don't need them anyway.

Olivia

Kathryn Martin
08-21-2010, 05:25 PM
You just simply look fantastic, love the glasses.

I have my little "escapades" like that and it thrills me to no end

Debra Russell
08-21-2010, 05:42 PM
You go girl! I think you look cute with or without glasses, I prefere without. You should have no fear, go drive around go through a drive through, better yet see a movie! get out its great! it gets better and there's no going back:thumbsup: your georgous!

..... Debbie

prene
08-21-2010, 05:52 PM
WOW
You look great.

Love the look.

A little Naughty

" feeling frisky "

You look great.

Mikaela
08-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Awesome story. You look great. I'm jealous. 'nuff said. :)

You have nothing to be jealous of, unless you want one of my Coke Zeros. I'll share.

GirlieAmanda
08-21-2010, 08:58 PM
You little adventurer you. I know that was huge for you. I remember the feeling. Hell, I just had that feeling last week again because I went so long in between trips out. It is a magical, frightening, thrilling, nerve wracking but satisfying thing to do. I know exactly how you feel about being reved up. You feel like you have gotten away with something awesome! You feel sexed up, powerful and strong. You conquered something that not only does society frown upon for some dumb reason but you conquered your fear of whatever bad thing you thought would happen. You look as great as I thought you would. Boy, do I remember those first steps inside that big department store that I took. Scary and thrilling just like you felt. They will forever be burned into my memory. Your first steps will be too. It is a sheer thrill that not many get to experience and one that you will carry inside you for life.

randumbness
08-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Yay, you went out! To get cokes! xD What I said sounded very shady, but you did it. And in a nice dress, I might add. Though I think the second outfit was perfect for getting cokes, very casual. Anyways, great job, and maybe you'll buy the cokes next time? xD

Jay Cee
08-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Wow, you look fantastic in your pics, both here and on flickr. Amazing!

Fab Karen
08-22-2010, 05:39 AM
The other night I saw a woman trying to go in the side door, but she cursed like a sailor in a deep voice when she realized she couldn't get through that way.:heehee: Just kidding.

Next up is getting away from home- some shopping and or a coffee or meal. Keep going, you won't regret it.

PretzelGirl
08-22-2010, 08:08 AM
I don't think you have anything to worry about. You have a nice look. I think the glasses are a good selection as they match up to the rest of your style well. So the remaining question is how far do you want to go? Are you just testing the waters and that is it or are you working your way out more?

Oh, and we saw you take the Coke Zero back out to the trunk. You aren't fooling us. Another night trip! :D

Debra Russell
08-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Besides being pretty and looking good after seeing your pics on flickr you must be independantly wealthy to to afford that wardrobe go out and show it off! .... Debbie

Mikaela
08-22-2010, 01:43 PM
The other night I saw a woman trying to go in the side door, but she cursed like a sailor in a deep voice when she realized she couldn't get through that way.:heehee: Just kidding.

Ha, that would be hilarious if the entire apartment building were closet cross dressers and everyone was afraid of what-if someone saw them.

So the remaining question is how far do you want to go? Are you just testing the waters and that is it or are you working your way out more?

Good question. I think Mikaela is a vampire, no need to see the light of day. I'd like to be able to go to one of the clubs here and visit some of the people I've met through the site. No desire to do normal errands or anything en femme, the closest I want to that is the ability to shop (which I hate doing) for clothes and try them on instead of taking chances online.

you must be independantly wealthy to to afford that wardrobe go out and show it off!

Disposable income goes to flying planes. The wardrobe is all sale items from fashion bug :D
Sad part is I've lost so much weight, I need to replace most of it again. There's also the fact that even when they give you size charts, I think the measurements are BS.

DanaLA
08-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Late to the party here, but big hugs and congrats on your Coke expedition! I love that you took a curtain call with a new outfit, too. Both outfits looked so cute and flirty, and the glasses definitely gave you that girl-next-door appeal. Anytime you want to grab a beverage (out of the trunk or otherwise), give me a shout! :drink:

Tara Lutschich
08-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Hey Mikela, read this post a few days ago, just getting to responding. Love your look, as always. Have seen your profile-pics... previously. You should go out more often

Great on the parking lot outing. I got in a couple hair extensions recently with intention of using for en femme bike rides under my yet to be bought pink bike helmet,but have been putting off...

Your post has made a upcoming regular bike ride for me. Thanks!

kimdl93
08-23-2010, 10:09 AM
sounds like a great adventure - and you looked great too!

joanna marie
08-23-2010, 10:55 AM
You look every bit a GG in your girl mode,
So the only thing you have to worry about is how safe it is for a pretty girl to be in the parking lot alone late at night.

AmiFL
08-23-2010, 12:19 PM
very daring.... but you look so beautiful so why not go outside

Jamiegirl1
08-23-2010, 02:00 PM
You are very pretty,next time you go to your car,jump inside and go for a drive enfemme,you will love it.Then stop at a convenience store and buy something,a real thrill going into your first store while dressed.........You go girl!!!!!

Mikaela
08-23-2010, 03:06 PM
very daring.... but you look so beautiful so why not go outside

Here there be Sea Monsters!

joanna marie
08-23-2010, 09:57 PM
Here there be Sea Monsters!

I hear that the sea monsters can be easily quelled by pretty girl in a skirt & heels

Go for it!
If I could pass a well as you I wouldn't be sitting at home, I 'd be out shopping

"Mary"
08-23-2010, 11:34 PM
You look great. Liked the first outfit best. Way to go Mikaela, I'm very excited for you.

Thanks for sharing.