PDA

View Full Version : A Conversation With Myself

Danni Bear
08-22-2010, 12:06 AM
Maybe a RANT or maybe NOT, I'm not really sure.

Welcome to the wide,weird,wacky,scary,funny journey that we call life.

To crossdress or not to crossdress is a battle we all face. Some do 24/7,some do very little. It really doesn't matter how much or how little.
We have all crossed a bridge and basically burned it behind ourselves. This is something that is a part of us all. How each deals with that decision is personal. In the closet or out to the world, no two are the same.

How we respond to others is important. Each individual is special. Each problem or event is major to the one posting. Take the time to consider what you say and how you say it. It matters more than some realise. As you read threads and replys you get a sense of heartache in most. Try to put yourself as best as possible in their place. What causes you to respond to that cry for help, or shout of joy.

Our GG'S are a blessing. They bring a perspective to this that is needed. A lifetime of dealing with problems that many are just finding out about. Most are accepting and encourage our exploration. A lot of the time I imagine they look at us as silly girls just learning about life. The looks they give at times isn't censure, it's more a look of are you sure you want to do that. We have to remember that most of the time that we aren't the most important item they deal with.

We assign ourselves labels,mainly to try to say where each feels that they fall in the world of gender identity. These desiginations are broad and encompass many different levels at one and the same time. It's not a race, but a progression. The end of which should be understanding of ourselves. This is not accomplished overnite. It takes a lifetime, shared with others. Some are helpful, some are not but all help make us who we are.

Society as a whole doesn't understand us. They haven't felt the need to express themselves as other than who they seem on the outside. We are different in many ways from them. Not better or worse. Their beliefs are just as valid to them as ours are to us. This is the world we live in for better or worse. Change is slow, but it happens. Some will never accept us, but every day there are more that do. How we present ourselves out in public says a lot more than what we say out loud. Our actions speak louder than words ever will. The day will come that we will be a integral part of society,one that the person is important not the costume they wear. All clothing is a costume, a way of trying to fit in a specific role.

How each of us approach life and its problems are unique to each person. What we share or not is privledged, everybody does not need to know every detail. Tell your triumphs or heartaches, seek out friends that support you, support and help others when need arises, feel joy for others when they succeed Or do nothing, those are the choices. Be a beacon, a light on the way, helping but not hindering the way. There are traps and pitfalls enough along the path to snare us all.

May your JOURNEY be filled with happiness and fullfillment.

Danni Beard

Alberta_Pat
08-22-2010, 06:22 AM
Well said Danni.

KathyC
08-22-2010, 07:57 AM
After I tried CDing, females are no strange object or something i have to worship nor afraid anymore; and my past relationships were ruined because of that belief.
Now I am more a balance person, basically men and women are the same!before that, I thought all women are little animals & men are the greatest! That is why I scared all the women away.
CDing was totally creepy in the beginning, until I didn't need to pull down the shades at my house & it came more natural. Up until now, I haven't CD for a week.
Kathy will be back tho, whenever I am facing a hardship.
She is my inner help whenever I am engaging something tough or something after a hard day.
It is way better than bring out a male serial killer off myself after some tough poo-poo. CDing does make sense in many points:love:

AKAMichelle
08-22-2010, 10:01 AM
Very nice post and well said.

Tina B.
08-22-2010, 10:15 AM
Danni, that was one of the nicest rant I've seen yet! Kathy, I agree, dressing helps me keep my head on straight.
Tina B.

jessica renee
08-22-2010, 12:08 PM
I couldn't have said that any better myself.

Kathryn Martin
08-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Thank you

Kathryn

AllieSF
08-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Well written. Thanks

kayegirl
08-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Danni, that has to be the most beautiful and appropriate rant that I have ever read. Thank you,
Kaye

Frédérique
08-22-2010, 05:24 PM
How each of us approach life and its problems are unique to each person. What we share or not is privledged, everybody does not need to know every detail. Tell your triumphs or heartaches, seek out friends that support you, support and help others when need arises, feel joy for others when they succeed Or do nothing, those are the choices. Be a beacon, a light on the way, helping but not hindering the way. There are traps and pitfalls enough along the path to snare us all.

Today’s weather: Dark posts will continue to gather all afternoon, then into the evening, leading to precipitation in the form of WTF discussion, perhaps with quarter-size word-hail, thunderous fonts, shouting, flash floods of misunderstanding, murky threats, ignored newbies, unnecessary quoting, high winds of ignorance, and tornado (moderator) warnings. The dark clouds will attract each other, ever-circling as they ruminate on crushed dreams, dashed hopes, families that fail to understand, and their own self-hatred, all slathered across the wordscape like suffocating nerve gas. Bring a respirator, and seek cover from the dark clouds as they try to completely extinguish the beautiful feelings you hold near and dear. Come to think of it, bring an umbrella, or construct some guttering to direct the flow of self-loathing away to the nearest drainage ditch. The sun will shine again, I promise – just give it a chance…:straightface:

Thanks for shining a little light among the dark clouds, Danni! :)

Can you tell I’m sick and tired of dark, rant-like harangues that are anything BUT supportive*? BTW, this is NOT a rant! I love being a crossdresser, I always have, and I always will…here’s a hug for all crossresssers everywhere: :hugs:

*With the exception of my creative (and absent) friends, of course…:sad: