PDA

View Full Version : toes polished

bobbiewpb
08-22-2010, 05:45 AM
does anyone go out in male mode exposing there painted toe nails. i got a french pedicare friday and want to go too the beach showing them off today but dont know if thats a good idea. ill be wearing my swim trunks in male mode

ColleenW
08-22-2010, 06:14 AM
Hi Bobbie - YES -- I usually have a french nail polish on my toes and I'm out in public all of the time wearing sandals or flip-flops. Occasionally I've had designs on my big toes too (usually for holidays, like Christmas trees for Christmas, eggs for Easter, flags for the 4th of July). I've been to the the beach too. All with no problems. The sand at the beach occasionally dulls the gloss of the nail polish though.:)

Alberta_Pat
08-22-2010, 06:15 AM
Yes. I do frequently. A few people have a foot fetish, and always check what someones feet look like.

You won't get meny guys looking at your feet though, but there may well be a lot of ladies. Likely, no one will comment.

Kathryn Martin
08-22-2010, 06:15 AM
My toes are painted in Opi Aphrodites Pink Nighty and I go out in male mode all the time just wearing sandals. No one ever notices

toering63
08-22-2010, 07:49 AM
Mine a silver right now, plus a gold toe ring. I go out and show them off.

crossdrezzer1
08-22-2010, 07:50 AM
girls love men that take care of their feet and hands,,, 90% of ladys that see it will like it and say cute toes(in a good way), the other 10% most likely wont say anything to you at all other than a smirk.. but to be honest who really cares,, you shouldnt..

Sara Jessica
08-22-2010, 08:35 AM
No one ever notices

Trust me, many will notice but few will say anything.

Only do this if you are prepared to deal with any potential fallout. It's great if that isn't a concern.

Personally, I can't see doing this unless I were "out" to family & friends. Toss some nail polish in with the already smooth legs, longish hair & nails, slightly tweezed eyebrows, etc. and as I have said many times before (but I do like the expression), the elephant in my room starts singing show tunes!!!

kaitlin
08-22-2010, 09:07 AM
When I am away from home, vacation etc., I don't care what others think and whatever color my toes are is what they will see, because not a soul there knows who I am or where Im from. But around here at home I have to be careful as to not be "outed" In this part of the world things could get out of hand!

Jamie001
08-22-2010, 01:57 PM
There is no reason that you can't show off your pretty toes in male mode. I wear sandals everywhere except at work and my toes are always polished bright red. I get professional pedicures every two weeks and usually wear OPI Big Apple Red. If you do some googling about men wearing nail polish you will see that a lot of hollywood start, directors, and athletes are doing it. Even a NasCar Driver gets pedicures and wears bright polish on his toes. There are also MMA fighters that wear toenail polish. If anyone asks you why you are wearing nail polish, just tell them that you like having polished toes. That is all that there is to it. It's not really anyone's business but your own. I get so many compliments from women on my red toenails and the quality of my pedicure. This morning at church one of the women asked me where I get my nails done so I gave her my manicurist's business card. I usually carry about 5 business cards with me because women always compliment my pretty red toes and ask where I got them done. You will get a lot of compliments from women, but I suggest going with a color like bright red or hot pink because those colors are more common and conservative. If you go with black or green or something like that, a lot of women especially older women will not compliment you. Bright red or hot pink toenails are so classic and you will get a lot of compliments. Be proud of your pretty pedicure and show them off.

:hugs: Jamie

Michelle James
08-22-2010, 08:04 PM
I alway have my toes painted and wear my sandals almost always. no one cares. No one has ever said anything negative. Lately I have taken to wearing women's sandals and still no negative reactions. i say go for it hun. You'll be happier for it.

AllieSF
08-22-2010, 08:25 PM
I started putting clear polish and sometimes a lightly shaded pink transparent polish on my toe nails last year until I came down with a mild case of toe nail fungus about 5 months ago. Yesterday I finally went out to get a mani and pedicure with a couple of new GG friends while dressed as part of a wonderful girls day out. I had th nail technician put on a clearish mother of pearl finish by Orly, No. 40012, Love Each Other, that I brought from home. It is noticeable, but you do have to look directly at my toes to notice it since it is such a light color.

Ever since I have started to put some type of clear polish on my toe nails I have only had my grand daughter and daughter notice it (to my daughter's questioning) and I friend of a lady that I see at the coffee shop. This last Friday by coincidence she was with her friend that had previously noticed my lightly painted toe nails the first time several months ago, and she paid special attention to my nails and asked if I had done my fingernails. I said yes, it is the nail strengthening treatment that I have been using for the past 2+ years. So, some people will notice while the majority will not. You just need to have an answer that will satisfy your needs when asked by someone. By the way, I am not out to anyone, family or friends.

Christen3042
08-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Though I've had painted nails for a while, this is my first summer wearing sandals (girly Dr Scholl's at that) with them painted while in guy mode. Very few comments, but all of them have been positive. I did manage to freak out one of my macho friends though, with my "Patriotic Pedicure".

Janie
08-23-2010, 11:46 AM
WOW Christen!
Love your "Patriotic Pedicure". I've been getting pedicures for about three years now. I think I'm going to copy you Thursday when I go to the salon!